Welcome to the new Weight Loss forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the new Weight Loss forum

Welcome! We are excited to have this new forum for members to share tips, tricks, success and motivation for the great American obsession - LOSING WEIGHT!!

Whether you can "pinch an inch" or have a more substantial amount of weight to lose, we hope you'll join us in our quest to live a healthier (and longer) life.
    ...it is what it is...

Alright!

For starters- drink more water! 80 ounces of water every day and you can lose five pounds the first week.

Comment

RIGHT!! I'm off to fill up my jug right now!!
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Remember the potato sack lift exercise?

Comment

No, is that what Nightcrawler is doing in your siggy?
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
            No, is that what Nightcrawler is doing in your siggy?
            Uh.......yeah!

Here is the potato sack exercise:

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 40 Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.) After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each sack.
            I can't remember who first posted this, but her username begins with a K.

Comment

100 lb potato sacks? wow u must be buff lol

Comment

YAY!! and for this thread

ill support ya'll, even tho i havent been in the gym or pumped iron since my injury ... im shooting for either next month or august to return to the gym ... still have a fair amount of pain in my knee

thats what u get 4 breaking my heart...

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                  100 lb potato sacks? wow u must be buff lol
                  Not me. I'm still at potato chip bag level. I quoted that from another powwow poster.

Comment

You're not confident at that 100 pound sack level yet??
                    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.