Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do battle with stress and over-eating

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to do battle with stress and over-eating

    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Why do I overeat? My standard answer is stress, or self-sabotage. I just can't get my head in the right place to stick to my diet. I know what to eat, that if I stick to it I'll be healthier, but it just doesn't happen.

    This link Top 10 Triggers for Over-eating has some good info with 10 reasons we overeat and how to overcome them.

    This link gets a little deeper Why do we overeat? We ask the experts about what drives us to continue eating when we've had enough | Muscle & Fitness/Hers | Find Articles at BNET

    Somehow I have to get the rest of my life in order, so I can get my eating under control.

    Actually I find when I'm busy, I don't feel the need to overeat.
    Why?: (toxins: meaning whatever that creates imbalance)
    Toxins want toxins. Its not really you, its the toxins. Visualize a battle against the toxins, and declare war. "I will not let you overcome me, toxins who want toxins!" repeat if necessary. Write out a list of healthy emergency foods when your NOT hungry. Arm your desire with healthy foods to do battle against the toxins. Make sure the foods are readily available. Plan how to be mobile in your warfare and take the emergency foods with you. When the urge of the toxins come to overthrow your mind, implement the emergency foods to hold the toxins at bay. As you excrete/secrete, the toxins will dissipate its grip and it will get easier for your mind to regain control over the body. Remember to persevere for 2-3 weeks, and you should begin to notice a difference. Don't expect to see results too soon, be firm to see the battle through, even after the 2-3 weeks. But first, focus only on the 2-3 weeks. Then after that time, focus week by week. The first 'toxins wants toxins' seige is the longest to battle. It will get easier as you build the habit of self-defense. I hope for your victory.

    About the process of eating:
    It takes about 20 minutes for the signal from your stomach to your brain to register you have had enough. Eat slowly, chew more times. Count your chews. Reduce the rate of spoon to mouth. If you have to, after spoon to mouth, then chew until you feel the food breakdown in your mouth, reduce the amount of solid before you swallow., then wait 10 seconds before next spoon to mouth. Also, eat about 5 times per day, small snacks when you are ready to lower down from binging. Proportion your foods from breakfast and lunch being more weighted, and more snacky levels between breakfast & lunch, lunch & dinner, and dinner. You can throw in a snack after dinner if you need to, but don't eat too late. Make a list of tasty foods that aren't processed, you don't have to eat foods that don't taste good to be healthy. But remember to focus on process of eating, like in yoga you focus on breathing. The job of your mind is to be conscious during eating. Don't wander or go numb with the mind, but try, try to focus on what you are actually doing. I am going spoon to mouth, I am chewing, 1 chew, 2 chew, etc.., I feel the food liquifying, I am swallowing, I feel the food going down, and I will pause..."Thank you for this food for you nourish me so that I will be strong" Then spoon to mouth, and repeat. You can throw in an "I am drinking water" also from time to time (not juice at this point, water is better). Juice later, and not processed juice (too much sugar), go for natural if possible. But between processed juice and coke, then go with juice. Later, when you control binging, you can natural juice and reduce solids for meals.

    About stress: Incorporate yelling out to the universe at least once per day. Feel and yell out your wishes. You can just yell at first and progress to wishes. Massage your ears for about 20 seconds. Many auricular points to help with stress. Its hard to describe the actual points, so massage thoroughly without going actually in the ear canal (do the part of the ear that protrudes from the head). Use your opposite side hand to massage so that the thumb is used on the inside of the ear and the side of your middle knuckle of index finger on the outside of the ear. You are communicating with your body to reset, and your body will respond by giving you a sensation after you finish massaging. After awhile (days or weeks, depends on each person) when your yelling to the universe becomes more and more calm, then transition to an inner chamber like your room or some other room free of distractions, and voice out "OMMMMM". Take time to do this between 5-10 minutes a day at first until you can get to 20-30 minutes/day if possible. When you do this feel the vibration and the depth of the sound. Work to bring the sound/vibration from the depth of your diaphragm to your open mouth and closing lips. Continue the sound/feel of touching lips and body vibrating. Coordinate the integration of vibration and breathing.

    To put it simply we are mostly space, and vibration/sound/frequency is the Shaper of Form. OMMMM is the vibration of the universe. As in every word for God has Ah, like Allah, Brahma, HanaNim, Yahweh, etc...The "Ah" is the beginning of the OMMMMM or you can spell it Ahommmmm if that helps. By doing this you are resonating your body, mind and spirit with the universe. It is not necessary to think anything except to be conscious & feel. If religion is the spirituality extending into mind, then this is the mechanism of spirituality without mind. You are unifying body, mind, spirit in this perceived world of differentiation. We are always saying this word or that word, looking at this thing or that thing. So we begin to separate ourselves and don't put time in to unify. Fortunately unifying take less time than differentiating. The force of vibration is universal. It is what it is.

    If you can do these things, then let me know how you feel, so that by giving feedback we can complete the circle. It doesn't have to be long, just a word even, the important part is to complete the circle. Any questions, please feel free.

    Hope this will help you.


    An Asian brother from another mother.
    Acupuncturist & Herbalist


    Round dance is a greater example of voicing out to the universe. Movement of body and more is very healthy and spiritual.
    Last edited by reocurringdream; 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM. Reason: round dance
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

  • #2
    OMG, I sound pitiful!!

    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll read the whole thing when I get a chance.
    ...it is what it is...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
      OMG, I sound pitiful!!

      Thanks for the suggestions. I'll read the whole thing when I get a chance.
      When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have heard this before, mainly from Dr. Wayne Dyer, and a series of Tool songs.
        "Don't trust anyone who isn't angry."
        - John Trudell

        "Don't trust anyone who isn't hungry."
        - Me

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Section 8 View Post
          I have heard this before, mainly from Dr. Wayne Dyer, and a series of Tool songs.
          What was the treatment they suggest?
          When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by reocurringdream View Post
            Why?: (toxins: meaning whatever that creates imbalance)
            Toxins want toxins. Its not really you, its the toxins. Visualize a battle against the toxins, and declare war. "I will not let you overcome me, toxins who want toxins!" repeat if necessary. Write out a list of healthy emergency foods when your NOT hungry. Arm your desire with healthy foods to do battle against the toxins. Make sure the foods are readily available. Plan how to be mobile in your warfare and take the emergency foods with you. When the urge of the toxins come to overthrow your mind, implement the emergency foods to hold the toxins at bay. As you excrete/secrete, the toxins will dissipate its grip and it will get easier for your mind to regain control over the body. Remember to persevere for 2-3 weeks, and you should begin to notice a difference. Don't expect to see results too soon, be firm to see the battle through, even after the 2-3 weeks. But first, focus only on the 2-3 weeks. Then after that time, focus week by week. The first 'toxins wants toxins' seige is the longest to battle. It will get easier as you build the habit of self-defense. I hope for your victory.

            About the process of eating:
            It takes about 20 minutes for the signal from your stomach to your brain to register you have had enough. Eat slowly, chew more times. Count your chews. Reduce the rate of spoon to mouth. If you have to, after spoon to mouth, then chew until you feel the food breakdown in your mouth, reduce the amount of solid before you swallow., then wait 10 seconds before next spoon to mouth. Also, eat about 5 times per day, small snacks when you are ready to lower down from binging. Proportion your foods from breakfast and lunch being more weighted, and more snacky levels between breakfast & lunch, lunch & dinner, and dinner. You can throw in a snack after dinner if you need to, but don't eat too late. Make a list of tasty foods that aren't processed, you don't have to eat foods that don't taste good to be healthy. But remember to focus on process of eating, like in yoga you focus on breathing. The job of your mind is to be conscious during eating. Don't wander or go numb with the mind, but try, try to focus on what you are actually doing. I am going spoon to mouth, I am chewing, 1 chew, 2 chew, etc.., I feel the food liquifying, I am swallowing, I feel the food going down, and I will pause..."Thank you for this food for you nourish me so that I will be strong" Then spoon to mouth, and repeat. You can throw in an "I am drinking water" also from time to time (not juice at this point, water is better). Juice later, and not processed juice (too much sugar), go for natural if possible. But between processed juice and coke, then go with juice. Later, when you control binging, you can natural juice and reduce solids for meals.

            About stress: Incorporate yelling out to the universe at least once per day. Feel and yell out your wishes. You can just yell at first and progress to wishes. Massage your ears for about 20 seconds. Many auricular points to help with stress. Its hard to describe the actual points, so massage thoroughly without going actually in the ear canal (do the part of the ear that protrudes from the head). Use your opposite side hand to massage so that the thumb is used on the inside of the ear and the side of your middle knuckle of index finger on the outside of the ear. You are communicating with your body to reset, and your body will respond by giving you a sensation after you finish massaging. After awhile (days or weeks, depends on each person) when your yelling to the universe becomes more and more calm, then transition to an inner chamber like your room or some other room free of distractions, and voice out "OMMMMM". Take time to do this between 5-10 minutes a day at first until you can get to 20-30 minutes/day if possible. When you do this feel the vibration and the depth of the sound. Work to bring the sound/vibration from the depth of your diaphragm to your open mouth and closing lips. Continue the sound/feel of touching lips and body vibrating. Coordinate the integration of vibration and breathing.

            To put it simply we are mostly space, and vibration/sound/frequency is the Shaper of Form. OMMMM is the vibration of the universe. As in every word for God has Ah, like Allah, Brahma, HanaNim, Yahweh, etc...The "Ah" is the beginning of the OMMMMM or you can spell it Ahommmmm if that helps. By doing this you are resonating your body, mind and spirit with the universe. It is not necessary to think anything except to be conscious & feel. If religion is the spirituality extending into mind, then this is the mechanism of spirituality without mind. You are unifying body, mind, spirit in this perceived world of differentiation. We are always saying this word or that word, looking at this thing or that thing. So we begin to separate ourselves and don't put time in to unify. Fortunately unifying take less time than differentiating. The force of vibration is universal. It is what it is.

            If you can do these things, then let me know how you feel, so that by giving feedback we can complete the circle. It doesn't have to be long, just a word even, the important part is to complete the circle. Any questions, please feel free.

            Hope this will help you.


            An Asian brother from another mother.
            Acupuncturist & Herbalist


            Round dance is a greater example of voicing out to the universe. Movement of body and more is very healthy and spiritual.
            Yeppers. Moderation and physical activity.

            My emergency health foods is fresh strawberries, bananas...and Nilla Wafers.

            What???? lol


            Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


            "When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

            Mr. Rossie Freeman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
              Yeppers. Moderation and physical activity.

              My emergency health foods is fresh strawberries, bananas...and Nilla Wafers.

              What???? lol
              lol, I use to love nilla wafers, I been off of them for about 10 yrs now. Maybe try honey n oats granola bars. They provide a nice crunch feeling if that's what your after.
              When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by reocurringdream View Post
                lol, I use to love nilla wafers, I been off of them for about 10 yrs now. Maybe try honey n oats granola bars. They provide a nice crunch feeling if that's what your after.
                I need to make myself clear.

                Nilla Wafers IS an EMERGENCY HEALTH FOOD...in moderation.


                Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?


                "When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

                Mr. Rossie Freeman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                  I need to make myself clear.

                  Nilla Wafers IS an EMERGENCY HEALTH FOOD...in moderation.
                  LOL, my bad, I see. I always had the problem before where I couldn't stop eating them. They were just too tempting for me to pop in one more, then one more. I must had a flashback when I saw nilla wafers, haha.
                  When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I really think people need to find what works for them.

                    I swear by the low carb diet, but I had a friend who it didn't work for...she was a skinny white girl anyway!

                    And I can preach about low carb to any and everyone...but can I stick to it??? I'm not only pitiful, but a HYPOCRITE!
                    ...it is what it is...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                      I really think people need to find what works for them.

                      I swear by the low carb diet, but I had a friend who it didn't work for...she was a skinny white girl anyway!

                      And I can preach about low carb to any and everyone...but can I stick to it??? I'm not only pitiful, but a HYPOCRITE!

                      Yes, try different things to find it.
                      I'm not perfect either. I'm pretty good with food, but I smoke cigerettes. Eeeiiiii! So bad, so bad.
                      Your not pitiful. Modern life is just not that kind to us these days. Your a good person for taking what it dishes out. Hopefully you will give yourself more of the good stuff in life too. Peace be upon you.
                      When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I admit that I have a smoking problem and that leads to overeating.

                        Every now and then, I rub some pork butt and baby back ribs before smoking them with Jack Daniel's oak barrel chips.

                        The ribs are done in four hours while the pork shoulder takes twelve hours to cook.

                        Once I start eating after smoking, I find it hard to stop until I can't swallow anymore.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
                          I admit that I have a smoking problem and that leads to overeating.

                          Every now and then, I rub some pork butt and baby back ribs before smoking them with Jack Daniel's oak barrel chips.

                          The ribs are done in four hours while the pork shoulder takes twelve hours to cook.

                          Once I start eating after smoking, I find it hard to stop until I can't swallow anymore.
                          Your type of smokin sounds tasty, better than my type of smokin.
                          When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hmmm....you're a physician promoting health, but you smoke.

                            That's as bad as me touting the low carb diet plan and not sticking to it.
                            ...it is what it is...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
                              Hmmm....you're a physician promoting health, but you smoke.

                              That's as bad as me touting the low carb diet plan and not sticking to it.
                              Not proud of it, it's a bad habit. True. But keep trying, the story is not over, and telling others doesn't mean they won't stick to it. Don't be too hard on yourself, just keep trying. We all learning to be better.
                              Last edited by reocurringdream; 02-01-2013, 04:20 PM.
                              When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it—always.

                              Comment

                              Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              • ndnsooner
                                The 5 rules of exercise nutrition
                                by ndnsooner
                                I recently read this article and I have found it very beneficial....

                                THE 5 RULES OF EXERCISE NUTRITION

                                Here’s how to keep your tank full and your body energized.

                                by Jerome Holtzman - Get Active! - Fall 2010 / Winter 2011
                                According to some estimates, keeping...
                                01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
                              • Silly_Az_girl
                                Depression during pregnancy
                                by Silly_Az_girl
                                I was just wondering what all you mothers have done to deal with depression during pregnancy. How did you cope with the depression and is it unusual to feel depressed during this time? Your thoughts and opinions are welcomed..

                                Thank you
                                08-21-2004, 08:16 AM
                              • Mud_Woman
                                The Odd Body Explained
                                by Mud_Woman
                                1. Why Do You "Laugh Until You Cry"?
                                Experts don't really know. One thing to consider: Laughing and crying are similar psychological reactions. "Both occur during states of high emotional arousal, involve lingering effects, and don't cleanly turn on and off," says Robert R....
                                08-25-2009, 11:55 AM
                              • NDNQt
                                "The Stance" - for all the women!
                                by NDNQt
                                Only a woman will TRULY relate to the following, but it's a "hoot" for all!

                                My mother was a fanatic about public toilets. As a little girl, she'd bring me in the stall, teach me to wad up toilet paper and wipe the seat. Then, she'd carefully lay strips of toilet paper to cover...
                                06-24-2004, 01:31 PM
                              • use4d
                                Uses of The 4th Dimension (Einstein was wrong!)
                                by use4d
                                *** Uses of The 4th Dimension ***



                                -------------------------


                                Since I discovered The 4th Dimension, one of the conclusions
                                I have reached is, The 4th Dimension is an infinite access to The Truth.
                                Throughout this website, I use the...
                                01-16-2006, 10:25 AM

                              Trending

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Sidebar Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X