Lose It! Newest Weightloss Recording Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose It! Newest Weightloss Recording Apps

I had seen the weightloss apps when they first came out with smart phones, and they were kind of lame or difficult to use or crashing!

My endocrinologist wanted me to document my calorie count and a food diary, just to write this stuff down and submit them. It wasn't always convenient to write things down, and when I was trying to organize, I found calorie numbers on napkins and note cards and calendars and inside the cover of the book I was reading...and then, was that a 5 or an 8? I didn't always have my little dedicated pink notebook with me, but I always had my phone with me!

So I gave the weightloss recording tools another try.

Here's my fav...Lose It! This is new and improved over the original. And the app knows the calories of everything, so all you have to do is punch in a food and it gives you selections to choose the right thing you ate.

VERY user friendly and has all the tools my doctor needed to monitor the progress of my diet. You can find it FREE under your Play Store app. And the cool thing is, you can download all the info for your doctor, so no hassles.

Here are SOME of the things it can do:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lose...297368629?mt=8

Some of the new and improved apps are better than the early ones. So if you gave up on the earlier ones like I did, take a look at the new and improved ones for your record keeping.

i downloaded the app and started using it today! i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for my high blood pressure and i want to let my doctor know that i am doing something to curb my calorie intake and do something about losing 10-15 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta'neeszahnii Techno View Post
      i downloaded the app and started using it today! i have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for my high blood pressure and i want to let my doctor know that i am doing something to curb my calorie intake and do something about losing 10-15 pounds.
      I hope all goes well at your appointment!

Comment

That's cool. All the ones for my W8 phone are lame. I do use fitday.com and like that, but can't enter anything easily from my phone.

Android had a couple good ones, but I can't recall what they are named.
        ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
          That's cool. All the ones for my W8 phone are lame. I do use fitday.com and like that, but can't enter anything easily from my phone.

Android had a couple good ones, but I can't recall what they are named.
          Lose It! Is on android. There are so many, and they are way better than they were in the past. What I really like about mine is that it seems to know everything! The other thing is that if you make your own special recipes, there is a way to add them to the cal count.

I had several good ones to choose from. Lose It! Will actually help you calculate how long it will take you to lose. I really like not having to figure the numbers up and looking up the values and such.

Good Luck!

Comment

I had been using My Fitness Pal, but Lose It! sounds a lot better from what you're saying. I think I'll switch to this program since I just got a new phone and try it out. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fang View Post
              I had been using My Fitness Pal, but Lose It! sounds a lot better from what you're saying. I think I'll switch to this program since I just got a new phone and try it out. Thanks!
              Hope it works for you and has all you need in it!

Comment

Originally posted by docat View Post
                I hope all goes well at your appointment!
                In 28 days, I went from 234 pounds of hard core muscles to 226 pounds of raw ripping chisled abdominals!
                Last edited by xTekno; 02-04-2013, 04:44 PM. Reason: 226 instead of 126!

Comment

In 28 days, I went from 234 pounds of hard core muscles to 226 pounds of raw ripping chisled abdominals!
                  WOW! That's excellent! How did your blood pressure check out for you? I hope everything is going the way you and your doc want it!

Comment

WOW! That's excellent! How did your blood pressure check out for you? I hope everything is going the way you and your doc want it!
                    Today, they were 127-138 and 80-85 depending on how many readings I did.

Comment

Today, they were 127-138 and 80-85 depending on how many readings I did.
                      That lower number looks a little high to me. What did the doc say about the numbers?

Comment

That lower number looks a little high to me. What did the doc say about the numbers?
                        One month ago, theg were over 140 to 156 and over 100 for the other.

She said to continue whatever I' m doing and come back in 60 days.

Comment

One month ago, theg were over 140 to 156 and over 100 for the other.

She said to continue whatever I' m doing and come back in 60 days.
                          Awesome! Yes, the new numbers look a lot better than the old ones! That is really good, and just losing some weight helped and maybe you worked out some too--since you are now ripped!

So now you have 60 days more to keep it up for the doc, but with your high BP tendencies, she might tell you that it would be a wise thing to make your changes a permanent part of your lifestyle.

High BP is something you really have to watch, especially over time. I hope you will keep it up and really shock your doc in 2 months. Maybe blow her away with the new you!

Comment

It's not really about impressing the doctor, but more about being healthy for the powwow season coming up.

That and the incentive payments my health insurance company make into my health cost account.

Comment

It's not really about impressing the doctor,
                              Well, if the doc were good looking...LOL

I'm really happy things are going well for you. The blood pressure thing is something you'll probably want to keep up with...they call high blood pressure the silent killer. You can walk around with high bp for a long time and not realize how bad off you are from it.

It's good that you have a plan to deal with it!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.