Native American OR American Indian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America.

You're exactly right wiyani. America was named after Amerius Vespuci. The reason why people allow U.S. to continue Columbus' idiocy is because probably we let it and because the teachers were taught to teach students the half-truths about history.
    ~ Tiffany ~

Comment

whenever anyone says aboriginal it always makes me think of the aboriginals of austrailia. i would never call myself that or answer to it...not that i have anything against aboriginals I just don't identify with the label. Maybe it's the rebel in me but I balk at these PC sub names Native American, African American, Mexican American. I always want to ask which one are they African or American. If we are going to use these sub names I think it should be the other way around American Native, American african, American Mexican. That way the first identity is American and we are all unified then should come the subtitle which is how we are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Native Disc Dogger
        whenever anyone says aboriginal it always makes me think of the aboriginals of austrailia. i would never call myself that or answer to it...not that i have anything against aboriginals I just don't identify with the label. Maybe it's the rebel in me but I balk at these PC sub names Native American, African American, Mexican American. I always want to ask which one are they African or American. If we are going to use these sub names I think it should be the other way around American Native, American african, American Mexican. That way the first identity is American and we are all unified then should come the subtitle which is how we are different.
        Me too! I usely just mark other on forms and add Native American. On line I've caught myself saying American Indian and also use that discription around our area because there are so many India Indians around the Atlanta area. Refering to other Natives I usually say, you know Cherokee Chris or something like that.
        Courage is just fear that has said it's prayers.

Comment

whenever someone asks me which nationality i am from, I ask them if they want the short or long version. If they're willing to listen I say I'm anishinaabe and answer the usual questions that follow, otherwise I say I'm native and leave it at that. When its a redneck or someone else that rubs me the wrong way I just say I'm human and walk away...run if they are big and holding a confederate flag
          don't ever be someone's slogan, for you are poetry

Comment

hmmm...to me... it's not that big of an issue....all I know is that Im not white, not black, not chinese, not japanese, not mexican, not russian, not french, not phillipino, ect. I am what I am...I am me!

Comment

I prefer Best and Most Awesome Race of the Universe, myself. Or just "BeeMeR" for short, cuz that sounds really rich and classy.
              Never lick a steak knife.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X