X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I spoil my kitties!!!

Good morning, Plumes!

I gotta go feed the kitties now.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

• jd pets the pretty kitty

pretty kitty

purrrrrrrrrs

pretty kitty says

do again!
      sigpic
      ~ Debsjewelry.net ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
        I spoil my kitties!!!

Good morning, Plumes!

I gotta go feed the kitties now.
        Hey Big-Daddy, I see your interacting with the other posters again lol. Shame on who ever would think you would mistreat a sweet lil kitty cat..
        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvid View Post
          The only way a lot of white people like to honor their ancestors is by making stuff up about them But yup, I do this too... not make stuff up, but I do brag like nobody's business if the subject comes up somehow.
          I've never understood people making cr*p up about themselves/their families. To me its just weird. Ain't nothin' wrong with bragging about ancestors/family, though. It's one of the things that can make geneology "come alive" - not just a list of names, but the histories that go with the names. The kings, queens, bootleggers, horse thieves, warriors, deserters, marriages, divorces, teetotallers, crackheads, etc. they all add up to who we are today.

Originally posted by Corvid View Post
          But with what England did to Scotland, I think I'm allowed to brag that my Scots ancestors helped keep them out just a little longer LOL
          LOL. I know my Scots ancestors were, erh, shall we say, "hard neighbors."
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neling4 View Post
            According to my dad, his uncle (Grand-ma's brother) made the whiskey and my dad's older brother ran it from Whitesburg (Ky) to Lexington. They didn't tell Grandma.

My great-uncle was half Irish half ndn, but I think it was just a matter of making money, rather than liking the liquor.
            I think my grandpa liked both the booze and the money! His mother, my g-grandma C, went to her deathbed believing that her husband had never let alcohol touch his lips. What she didn't know (didn't want to know?) was the reason g-grandpa took those l-o-o-o-ng baths was b/c the bathroom was where he could go to be alone and drink! He paid their kids to clear out the whisky bottles so their mother wouldn't find them!

Funny thing about g-grandma C. She had never touched alcohol until she was in her 80s. She figured she wanted to try some before she died. Since she'd never had alcohol before, she had no idea what to order at the restaurant. So she ordered something she thought sounded cute. I dunno what they called 'em back in the day, but nowadays we call 'em shooters!

Her daughter, my great-aunt, was so embarrassed when she got the message that she had to go retrieve her mother. That was the first and last time g-grandma tried alcohol!

Ah, family stories. lol
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BODEBEA BAY View Post
              jd pets the pretty kitty

pretty kitty

purrrrrrrrrs

pretty kitty says

do again!
              I see that heavy petting is alive and well on powwows.com LOL

Comment

• I for one have the skin tint of being so white I'm translucent, typical "white" people bother me, I normally can't stand them, my family has always raised me to live off the land and stay loyal and honest in all aspects of life. To me, being turned away from a Powwow would almost seem disrespectful, because it would be the denial of knowledge which could lead to inner peace with spirit/grandfather/holy ghost, whatever you choose to call it. So my opinion would have to be "White" people going to powwows, as long as they follow ground rules and are polite/considerate of others, would not bother me. However members of society like Billy-Bob Sr. who don't know the first thing about respect and honor should be turned down, I can understand the need/want to not have them in a sacred space, especially places such as devils tower in NW, Wyoming. However, I've noticed all races have bad apples, and that is what people tend to consider most of that race like. This is simply because the human brain in today's society was trained to see the worst of everything instead of the best.

Hopefully I haven't stepped out of my bounds, and cyber tobacco for everyone, this is my first post, I'm unfamiliar to online communities and mean no disrespect.
                `Takomai

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                  I guess I don't understand why y'all just don't eject them/have security remove them?

Because they have as much right to be in a public place as anyone else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeke View Post
                    Because they have as much right to be in a public place as anyone else?
                    True, unless they're being disruptive.

Some of the examples I've seen on these forums (in various threads, not just this one) would, imho, be disruptive and deserve a "visit" from security.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
                      True, unless they're being disruptive.

Some of the examples I've seen on these forums (in various threads, not just this one) would, imho, be disruptive and deserve a "visit" from security.
                      I see your point.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind whites at pow wows if they wouldn't treat me like I'm some type of tour guide. I try to avoid the ones who ask incessant questions and hope to trick me into leaking some sort of super-spiritual secret knowledge. I also can't stand the hippies who come up to me and try to smudge me and do their own ceremony. They usually don't ask and it's hard to get away from them. I like the little kids and some of the older people. I'd like a pow wow where they ban whites over 12 and under 80 --- and anybody with a degree in anthropology or women's studies! aaayyyeee!

Comment

• token white person

That's funny I think I have only been smudged by NDN's.
                          Which I am thankful for except for the fact that I am generally allergic to smoke.

Comment

• Hey Now!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XnM26ogPnVs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                            sigpic

Comment

• OMG< did that guy have mic under the drum, holy over mod Batman! And WOW that guy was really grooving to that song!
                              CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                              sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

• Originally posted by stopswiththedrum View Post
                                I wouldn't mind whites at pow wows if they wouldn't treat me like I'm some type of tour guide. I try to avoid the ones who ask incessant questions and hope to trick me into leaking some sort of super-spiritual secret knowledge. I also can't stand the hippies who come up to me and try to smudge me and do their own ceremony. They usually don't ask and it's hard to get away from them. I like the little kids and some of the older people. I'd like a pow wow where they ban whites over 12 and under 80 --- and anybody with a degree in anthropology or women's studies! aaayyyeee!
                                HILARIOUS ...THAT LAST SENTENCE!!!!
                                A~WE~HEH and have faith

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.