This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geronimo

Now, I can't speak for all you girls representing other tribes........
    But, all our Lumbee men out there need to step up their game and come correct so we women won't have to marry white men!!!!!!!!!
    I'm tired of searching for a good Indian man.
    Men in general need to step up their game ROFLMAO! (just kidding guys ... or am I?)
    Now I just have a hard time believing you southern gals don't know the use of good cast iron skillet.. if they dont' step up their game all their own, (remember they got southern mammas that do things FOR them!) You gotta use that skillet to break that cycle of misuse and MAKE them step up their game or the only women they will ever know IS mamma! LOL!!
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I know a lot of ndn girls who married/got with non-native guys simply because the guys from the rez have no goals or motivation and they had drug/alcohol problems, not into their culture, etc. Its a cycle in ndn communities. I must agree with geronimo and blackbear that the guys need to step up. I dont have any grudges or look down upon any native who does marry outside. Personally I dont want to marry anybody but a native, thats just to keep my beliefs and tradition. Its a lot easier to get kids motivated into their culture when both the parents are involved. but it isnt necessary, because it can continue. Love doesnt have any color, but i believe RED is the closest for me!!!
      www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
        Men in general need to step up their game ROFLMAO! (just kidding guys ... or am I?)
        Now I just have a hard time believing you southern gals don't know the use of good cast iron skillet.. if they dont' step up their game all their own, (remember they got southern mammas that do things FOR them!) You gotta use that skillet to break that cycle of misuse and MAKE them step up their game or the only women they will ever know IS mamma! LOL!!

Tell me about it! Where would the world be w/o us women?! But, LOTS of our people baby their sons. And then that translates into wives catering to their husbands. Even my grandma bows down to my granddaddy! I WILL break the cycle! Yeah, I might even have to break bad & use a "spider"/skillet on them! That's why I've got to find a man that I love, 1st & foremost, but then he's got to be NDN, independent, into equal partnerships, etc....:):):):) Like I said, men, step yo' game up!

What kills me is when our men marry white women and treat them like gold & become all subservient when they expect to treat our women like dirt and get away w/it!
        Last edited by geronimo; 08-25-2005, 02:04 PM.
        No one can make you feel inferior w/o your consent-Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by geronimo
          Tell me about it! Where would the world be w/o us women?! But, LOTS of our people baby their sons. And then that translates into wives catering to their husbands. Even my grandma bows down to my granddaddy! I WILL break the cycle! Yeah, I might even have to break bad & use a "spider"/skillet on them! That's why I've got to find a man that I love, 1st & foremost, but then he's got to be NDN, independent, into equal partnerships, etc....:):):):) Like I said, men, step yo' game up!

What kills me is when our men marry white women and treat them like gold & become all subservient when they expect to treat our women like dirt and get away w/it!

Hey geronimo. Me n my drum group set up at the Spring Lumbee Powwow this past May. All I can say dayum!!! lumbee women are off tha hook! There aint no way I would treat any ndn girl bad, especially Lumbee!!!!
          www.myspace.com/powwowlicious

Comment

Gracias

Originally posted by 1badazzndn
            Hey geronimo. Me n my drum group set up at the Spring Lumbee Powwow this past May. All I can say dayum!!! lumbee women are off tha hook! There aint no way I would treat any ndn girl bad, especially Lumbee!!!!

Our guys need to get a clue from you then.........
            Glad you had a good time in Rob Co.!
            No one can make you feel inferior w/o your consent-Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

hey... what about natives having babies with natives of other tribes? Here in Oklahoma everyone is about 10 different tribes and the quantum requirement for most tribes is 1/4. So what do you think about someone who is fullblood but has less than 1/4 in any tribe?
              The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

I think that this quantum thing being less with each different tribe married crap has to stop. our lines are either matrilineal or patrilineal so why is it if you are full (just an example) Osage and you marry a full Otoe.. both are patrilineal.. how does this make the kids a half anything? Nationality not race right? Go with who the father is and they are full blooded that with ancestry in the other tribe. Who the hell made that rule up anyhow? Please tell me it was'nt the natives....
                Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

The problems lie of course with the Federal Govt. and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. They make these requirements, so that we will breed ourselves out of existance. Of course I'm one of those people that is several different tribes, but only practice and claim the one where I grew up knowing. Until tribes start to smartin up; they will continue to get smaller and smaller, until "natives" are only in the history books.

Comment

wocus, what do you think can/should be done about it? should there just be a generic "native" designation sted money going to each different tribe? and all people with say 1/4 or 1/8 native blood just split the govt money equally?

seems the govt can make anything complicated, even lurve. :p

Comment

Who cares who you marry/date? Yer gonna do it anyways, no matter what we say. We ain't nothing when the time comes for you to decide.

There are some advantages when you don't have the "Indian look."

Storekeepers don't follow you all over makin' sure you don't steal.
                      You have a better chance of placing at powwows in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
                      The whole pool don't clear out when you go swimming at the hotel.
                      It's easier to rent an apartment.
                      You can go into a redneck bar undetected.
                      You can spy on BIA talks.
                      Jobs are easier to get.
                      You can get school funding and nobody in your class'll be none the wiser.

So........... go for it. Your kids may not get the whole Native culture thing down, but, hey, at least they'll have the above advantages.

Only you can decide.

Comment

Originally posted by badmaninc
                        If you can't marry for love at least make sure the other person is wealthy and wants to take care of you financially. That way you could go to powwows every weekend.
                        AWESOME~ LOL~

Comment

Love them baby blues...

Eh, I can't help it.

I love the blue eyes, dark hair combination.

And besides, I totally agree with others on this thread that Native men need to clean up their act. That whole 420, beer run, whoring around **** gets old after college. GROW UP! GET A JOB! WASH THE DAMN DISHES!

(Plus, as I've said before, half the peeps in my village are my cousins, lol. )
                          "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate-hate leads to suffering." --Yoda

Comment

Well 80% of natives marry non-natives in 9 generations there wont be anymore indians. Unless indian men start acting like indian men, indian women have at least 7 children or everyone starts marrying other indians.

Besides most indians dont follow their own culture anymore or even speak their language is there really a point anymore to being indian.

Im really tired of seing slutty, alcohol drinking, ghetto wannabees talking of preserving culture when they dont even know how to say their own tribal name in their own damn language.

For God's sakes! Why are indians acting like whites or blacks!
                            Indians have so much to be proud of! We have our own culture our own language our own look, our own world view we dont need anyone elses to be a success in this world!

Im sorry off the soap box now

Comment

Originally posted by Gache
                              Well 80% of natives marry non-natives in 9 generations there wont be anymore indians. Unless indian men start acting like indian men, indian women have at least 7 children or everyone starts marrying other indians.

Besides most indians dont follow their own culture anymore or even speak their language is there really a point anymore to being indian.

Im really tired of seing slutty, alcohol drinking, ghetto wannabees talking of preserving culture when they dont even know how to say their own tribal name in their own damn language.

For God's sakes! Why are indians acting like whites or blacks!
                              Indians have so much to be proud of! We have our own culture our own language our own look, our own world view we dont need anyone elses to be a success in this world!

Im sorry off the soap box now

Dude, stop beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.

Comment

Hmmm?

Drugs and alcohol is a problem for all the four races, men and women. I speak from being a member in AA and MA. Everyone is under pressure, with a bad job market, and familys seem to fall apart all over. It is important for peoples to stay together for heritage identity and to remember our elders of the past. I find white women, shallow and needy, insearch of a dream. As a white dude, I enjoy nature, all my relations, sweats, and powwows. Not too many ladies of my race feel like I do. I am drawn to the Native American spiritual ideals, as a visitor. I do spend alot of time walking the walk, of tending the path. I too see alot of nature wanna-be's. When I suggest, 'Let's go for a hike and pick up litter', thats the end of that. Same thing when I say, I dont drink. I think love is where it works. Respect and communication, along with values.
                                Thank you Jesus for turning the water into wine. Now can you turn it back into water, to save the people from alcoholism.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X