This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikki_mono View Post
    This is an issue that some friends and I were discussing one day. There's someone we all know that's dating a non-native who has ancestory and can prove the documents but's wait on the approvial from the tribe on gettting their card. But anyway the issue that's arrised is non-natives family is kind of scared about how the others family might act when they find out and what they might think.
    My question out there is what is everyones oppinion on Natives dating/marrying non-natives?

mikki,

Let me get this straight before going any further.

someone = Native or NonNative?
    nonNative = waiting for documents to prove their native
    nonNatives Family = scardy cats who are worried what others think.
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhoMe View Post
      mikki,

Let me get this straight before going any further.

someone = Native or NonNative?
      nonNative = waiting for documents to prove their native
      nonNatives Family = scardy cats who are worried what others think.
      lol WHOME you are too funny. you know I was like hey did I not just mention this in one of Who's threads? tired of discussing marrying whites.
      I plan on marrying a native man, and I already have mixed kids. now here is my question Native or not, he is not from my nation so really as far as qauntum goes he might as well be white, right. lol just a thought.
      A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Originally posted by Migiziwomen View Post
        lol WHOME you are too funny. .....as far as qauntum goes he might as well be white,

Migizi,

There are several different degrees that I have heard to describe "White."

1. Pink
        2. Pale
        3. Transparent white (where you can see all the veins)
        3. Bone White
        and ....

4. "so white that they could'nt get a tan if they lived on the sun!"

p.s. My great, great, great, great, great grandmother was white...... but, I can't prove it! *L

Comment

My wife, Miika, is Irish white... our live-in assistant, Tainee, is (mostly) German white - and I tell 'em both they are SO white they glow in the dark *grin*

Comment

Originally posted by between2worlds View Post
            My wife, Miika, is Irish white... our live-in assistant, Tainee, is (mostly) German white - and I tell 'em both they are SO white they glow in the dark *grin*

Dang Patrick,

You made me laugh out loud!

Comment

Migizi,

1. Pink
              2. Pale
              3. Bone White
              and ....

p.s. My great, great, great, great, great grandmother was white...... but, I can't prove it! *L
              lmao, was she related to John Smith? There was this women up on my rez, she was nuts she claimed to be related to both John and Pocohantis. lmao too much.
              my aunt on my mothers side is number four she could be out all day and all she gets is pink and then that just goes away.
              A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

Originally posted by Migiziwomen View Post
                lmao, was she related to John Smith? There was this women up on my rez, she was nuts she claimed to be related to both John and Pocohantis. lmao too much.
                my aunt on my mothers side is number four she could be out all day and all she gets is pink and then that just goes away.

Migizi,

Seriously...

Aye. *L

Anyways, I wonder if they had any children?

Comment

John Rolfe and Pocahantas had one son Thomas who was raised in England after the death of his mother. I have never found any historical information of Pocahantas having any other children.

Comment

John Rolfe and Pocahantas had one son Thomas who was raised in England after the death of his mother. I have never found any historical information of Pocahantas having any other children.

Between2,

You're right.

So theoretically they have decendents.

It's hard to tell nowadays if this person Migizi is referring to is legit or a wacko?

Whatcha' think?

Comment

Yeah - it is hard to tell. Thomas Rolfe did return to Henrico County in Virginia - but Virginia is a long ways from da rez in Minnesota.

Probably a wacko though - because as I recall my early colonial history, John Smith died a confirmed bachelor without heir.

Comment

Yeah - it is hard to tell. Thomas Rolfe did return to Henrico County in Virginia - but Virginia is a long ways from da rez in Minnesota.

Probably a wacko though - because as I recall my early colonial history, John Smith died a confirmed bachelor without heir.
                        He died bald? I didn't think they had chemotherapy back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
                          He died bald? I didn't think they had chemotherapy back then.
                          Haaaa!
                          Niin sa, Chi anung

Comment

Migizi,

1. Pink
                            2. Pale
                            3. Bone White
                            and ....

Your forgot "pasty." That's me, I'm pasty, at least in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by trob226 View Post
                              Your forgot "pasty." That's me, I'm pasty, at least in the winter.
                              pastie - that can be construed inna variety of ways. It's a term used in N.Michigan as a word to describe a pastry/pie product.

Also, a word to describe a nipple cover that exotic dancers use.

Which one are you, Trob?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii View Post
                                pastie - that can be construed inna variety of ways. It's a term used in N.Michigan as a word to describe a pastry/pie product.

Also, a word to describe a nipple cover that exotic dancers use.

Which one are you, Trob?
                                "Pasty," adjective, with a long "a," the color of paste. Not the noun. Also, I understand the pastry object rhymes with "nasty," thought I guess that depends on where you're talking about it. "Pasty-face" is a semi-derogatory term used around here (Mid-Atlantic) for a white person, derogatory when you use it that way, not derogatory if you don't. I'm not being self-derogatory. I like me. My face is pasty. Just a fact, like my Morton's toe and my shovel teeth and my big blue eyes. Wish I were taller, though.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X