10 Easy Steps to Become an Indian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Easy Steps to Become an Indian

1. Learn a few words of Cherokee or any other Native language-knowing what the words actually mean is not necessary.

2. Drive through an Indian reservation.

3. Associate with other non-Indians who might have had some contact with an indian at some point in their life.

4. Give yourself an Indian name.

5. Say prayers to the 'Creator' at public gatherings, private worship is strictly optional.

6. Tell people your grandmother was a Cherokee princess.

7. Find the name of a tribe you can say adopted you.

8. Wear beads and feathers and turquoise at all times. Medicine bags are always a nice touch, too.

9. Do traditional Indian ceremonies and healings for other non-Indians.

10. Build a sweat lodge in your backyard and charge non-Natives lots of money to use it.

excert from "Cultural Vulturism or How to become an indian in 10 easy steps"
    by Robin A. LaDue
    phd
    taidnapem band
    cowlitz tribe

Or become a professor at Colorado U.......

Comment

ok colonah..yes you were right..sorry i was thinking with my wrangler spying eyes..im only human...or am i...forgiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive me..

Comment

You forgot dye hair black and speak of your spirit guide which is usually some kind of cat, wolf, or bird

Comment

Comment

Or go by your local reservation blood bank and get a pint of blood from there so you can claim your quantum......!!!!

CIB's are included.......:P
            You have crossed my path, You will never be forgotten......

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
            [email protected]

Comment

How about buying a $25 dream catcher made from plastic circles, polyester/nylon thread, plastic beads, and real immitation owl feathers?

Hi MOTS
              A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

You dudes are hilarious. How about learning to stare at faraway places looking all knowing and wise.

Comment

....dated an ndn who passed along all tribal secrets under the palemoon light while leading the buffalo to water - then broke up.

Comment

you mean my g,g,g, gramma wasn't a princess??? lmao
                    sigpicDisclaimer: Storyteller and I are friends no matter what our evil twins say on the rhyme thread

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, laying in hospitals, dying of nothing....

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!

Four things you can't recover:

The stone........after the throw. The word........after it's said.

The occasion...........after it's missed. The time.........after it's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by middle of the sky
                      1. Learn a few words of Cherokee or any other Native language-knowing what the words actually mean is not necessary.

2. Drive through an Indian reservation.

3. Associate with other non-Indians who might have had some contact with an indian at some point in their life.

4. Give yourself an Indian name.

5. Say prayers to the 'Creator' at public gatherings, private worship is strictly optional.

6. Tell people your grandmother was a Cherokee princess.

7. Find the name of a tribe you can say adopted you.

8. Wear beads and feathers and turquoise at all times. Medicine bags are always a nice touch, too.

9. Do traditional Indian ceremonies and healings for other non-Indians.

10. Build a sweat lodge in your backyard and charge non-Natives lots of money to use it.

by Robin A. LaDue
                      phd
                      taidnapem band
                      cowlitz tribe
                      "Riches from the heart can not be stolen."

Comment

Memorize all Lakota phrases from Dances with Wolves, again meaning is not important.
                        ...it is what it is...

Comment

'have you ever noticed how the people who most proclaim to be 'sensitive' to the plight of native americans are the same ones who will stand up in a meeting and offer prayer to the creator or close using phrases of sioux words? of course none of these same people would think of going into a church and leading a mass if they were jewish, conducting a jewish ceremony if they were catholic or conduct a prayer meeting in a muslim mosque if they were baptist. so exactly what is it tht leads to such an inappropriate appropriation of native ceremony and spirituality with no understanding the context, history or recognition that such behavior constitutes a theft at best and contributes to the continuing traumatiztion of native people.'.....

by Robin A. LaDue
                          phd
                          taidnapem band
                          cowlitz tribe

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X