Do tribal feuds still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do tribal feuds still exist?

Several news accounts of the Schemitzun "brawl" stated it was a feud between the Narrangansetts and the Shinnecocks. Not sure how accurate that is, but it got me to thinking - do tribal feuds still exist?

I've spoken with several Crows on this site who are very friendly and nice. Am I still supposed to not like them?

Do Cherokees still hate Creeks?

What about Navajos and Hopis?

Just curious what everyone's thoughts on this are.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

and whats up with crees and blackfoots?
    <--everybody loves ojibways ....

Comment

Yes, unfortunately there is. It's getting better though. Instead of people fighting about who's tribe is better, or past hurts that took place a hundred or so years ago, people should be more concerned with the young people looking outside the native race for spouses or native babies' mama's and daddy's. They should also be concerned as a race of people that the govt. loves it when the tribes keep total division, it makes it easier for native people to "die out."

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
        - do tribal feuds still exist?

Singerdad,

In answer to your question.....

OOOOOhhhhh YES*!

Sprinkle a little false courage (liquor) to individuals who belong to tribes that are/were traditional enemies and you'll have a live TKO match!

For some reason, Indians still will work things out mano-y-mano! and female tooo!
        Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Sprinkle a little false courage (liquor) to individuals who belong to tribes that are/were traditional enemies and you'll have a live TKO match!

Boy is this ever the truth; I grew up in a very large family, that had many alcoholics that would start *&$! only when in that state. It was a shame, and just embarrasing as a kid.

Comment

or, can always take it out on the court! ayee.

Comment

my sister told about this one time she went to go visit with a good friend of her's who happens to be blackfeet and my sister by the way is cree. anyways they are at this pw camping in a tipi and her (my sister's friend's) male cuzzins come visit see her at their camp - they start making comments toward my sister and her children like "they look like bloods - lets beat them up" - so i guess bloods and blackfeet don't get along. i still think thats crazy!!! can't tell the difference - as if could anyways - between cree and blood....
              Watch your broken dreams...
              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

well in the early 1800's my family and a few other Shawnee were kind of seen as traders for following Black Hoof's ideas by choosing to conform to the British just to be able to stay on their indigenous land. I don't know if the dispute is still going on between them or not... haven't met any other people that have lineage with the Shawnee besides my relatives.

Comment

Went to a conference back in June...I was really surprised what tribes stayed away from other tribes....got a big kick out of them...and partied with all!!!

Hey DAD - is that you in the white shirt in the family group singing away???
                  Last edited by La + * Mom; 08-30-2005, 03:40 PM.
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Ohontsia

Hey DAD - is that you in the white shirt in the family group singing away???
                    I'm not quite that big...he must be a Ponca...

So much for tribes getting along LOL
                    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

the Nez Perce and Sho-Bans weren't exactly friends in the past and today they still fight over stuff on the legal front.

I got an idea, lets go the Crow rez and insist that it should be called a "Sioux Hop."
                      It is so sad that a family can torn apart by something as simple as a wild pack of dogs.

Comment

One time my cousin wandered into a Crow bar and since she's Dakota Sioux, they kind of figured that something was amiss. They asked what her tribe was and she said "Crow Creek", drunk Indians obviously don't pay attention to the details because they thought she was from the Crow tribe and Creek tribe. She survived the party and made it back to Crow Creek, South Dakota.

As for a tribal fued between the D/L/Nakota and the Crow, I'd say there is no animosity except for the ocassional "oops, I'm in the wrong reservation," scenario, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kneegrow_native
                          the Nez Perce and Sho-Bans weren't exactly friends in the past and today they still fight over stuff on the legal front.

I got an idea, lets go the Crow rez and insist that it should be called a "Sioux Hop."

LMAO thats too funny...but its a good idea!
                          "Out greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."

"Never Compromise yourself, Your all you've got"

"An eye for an eye will only lead to a blind world."

Comment

Originally posted by Singerdad
                            Several news accounts of the Schemitzun "brawl" stated it was a feud between the Narrangansetts and the Shinnecocks. Not sure how accurate that is, but it got me to thinking - do tribal feuds still exist?

I've spoken with several Crows on this site who are very friendly and nice. Am I still supposed to not like them?

Do Cherokees still hate Creeks?

What about Navajos and Hopis?

Just curious what everyone's thoughts on this are.
                            What he really wants to know is, does everyone still hate the Kiowas? ROFLMAO!! (i'm only kidding, don't no one bust my chops LOL)
                            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                              What he really wants to know is, does everyone still hate the Kiowas? ROFLMAO!!

Aw c'mon BB, I even used to luff [a] Kiowa back in the day...!!!!
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X