Congress petitioned for return of Geronimo's remains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congress petitioned for return of Geronimo's remains

SAN CARLOS, Ariz. - American Indians are petitioning Congress to investigate the elite Skull and Bones society at Yale University and return the remains of Chiricahua Apache warrior Geronimo to Apaches for reburial.

The full article is here:http://indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096412153

It boils my blood when i read articles like this and to think these are members of our leadership in this country that act like babarians, makes you stop and think....

Sign the petition: www.petitiononline.com/Geronimo/petition.html
    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
    Till I Die!

I don't know why but I have a hard time believing this... maybe it's because in the 80's it was rumored that Bush Sr. Owned Geronimo's skull and because his daddy was a grave robber it was believable, but then I remember reading somewhere (maybe even here) that it was said that it was impossible for anyone to have his skull because of where he's buried or somethign like that, and that it was just rumour. Also because these societies might be bragging on something that is totally not true, just to make themselves seem more powerful. I'm all for it being repatriated if it is his skull, but I don' t know.. I'm skeptical for some wierd reason I can't totally pinpoint.
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

A thing to Ponder...

The idea that this group would have his skull is one thing, but
      even if they dont, to expose them for what they are is just as good.
      And remember this, any group that digges up graves or says they dig up graves will be exposed in this manner.
      I have read where bones have been kept in universities and places of study have now been returned to be buried properly!
      So any newstory that heightens the awareness that this is happening is a good thing even though in this case they may not have anything!
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

Good point. There are bones that can be purchased for medical education, most of those come from like india.... what if it turns out to be one of those ? LOL! No, seriously. I'm searching around on the net trying to see if this is something more confirmed or a sick prank of sorts.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
          Good point. There are bones that can be purchased for medical education, most of those come from like india.... what if it turns out to be one of those ? LOL! No, seriously. I'm searching around on the net trying to see if this is something more confirmed or a sick prank of sorts.
          Keep us updated, I am curious what you find!
          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
          Till I Die!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.