• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackbear
    Honey Connoissuer
    • Nov 2000

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob
    There is a special place for both the baby... and the parents.

One good thing about them rotting on death row is that other inmates, i hear, dont take kindly to people who hurt kids. May not even last that long in there.

Not to joke about it, but, I guess this is one good time for an NDN to have an all white jury.

basterds.
    I'm not sure why there would be a difference between an all white jury or one with all or some natives.... It's not like either race condones abuse and murder of babies...
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• billyjoejimbob
      Fat Singer
      • Oct 2002

I was meaning how all white jurys on native cases in the past werent the best thing for the native.

Anyway, shouldnt even need a jury for this one, EVERYONE knows they should be in jail. Save the money and put them away.
      There are 2 types of people in the world...
      Really stupid people who think they are smart
      and
      Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

• Blackbear
        Honey Connoissuer
        • Nov 2000

[QUOTE=billyjoejimbob]I was meaning how all white jurys on native cases in the past werent the best thing for the native.

QUOTE]

You know.. I'm not trying to single you out ..and you were trying to be humerous I know, but if I don't tell you how I feel, I'm not being a very good person to you I think and I don't want this to fester or even bother me a little so please take what I say with an open mind and try to understand my point of view, and that I'm not trying to tear up on you...

Thise comment was ignorant and insensitive. You played off stereotyping to make a joke. Stereotyping of not just natives but of whites as well and it did'nt come off the way you hoped, rather it came off that an all native jury would have let him off the hook, and an all white jury would hang him regardless because he's an indian. And also on this particular subject matter .. as sensitive as a child's life, it was in poor taste.

I don't think you are a bad guy or mean to do harm, but maybe just think a little before you make comments/jokes like this please. I know alot of us do it, but I'll take my heat when I do it and learn from it.
        Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

• billyjoejimbob
          Fat Singer
          • Oct 2002

As my line stated "Not to joke about it..." The post wasnt meant as a, just something to ease up everyones feelings. Thats my nature, I dont like to see people sad.

I didnt imply that a native jury would let them off, no freaking way, that is just my way to say that they should get the worst punishment. Stereotyping white people works becuase it is usually true, you know that. I think ANY jury would put them away.

in all, im not trying to change the thread into a platform for people to campaign for a harsh sentence, just trying to do what I do, ease the pain.
          There are 2 types of people in the world...
          Really stupid people who think they are smart
          and
          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

• zeroman_005
            Pow Wow Visitor
            • May 2005

In response to the CHild murder case of Marcela ...

Yes, I can understand the resentment all of you must feel after reading this sad story of an innocent baby - i dont just blame the father for this tragedy, but i do blame both parents as they made that choice to beat this baby, and hurt her physically, mentally and emotionally. THere are parts of the story that state that the child just wouldnt cry anymore, well thats because she made up her mind and her spirit was already with the Creator....I too felt resentment while reading this, however, this woman does not realize how lucky she was to have had such a beautiful princess in her life - I have three beautiful boys, (13 yrs, 11yrs, and 19months old) and they are my blessings. I hope and pray for a baby girl .. yet there are people like herself that took her for granted and didnt love her like she should have, she didnt protect her like she should have, and she didnt thank the Creator for the gift she was given - a baby girl - I hope that Justice is served, and they both suffer the consequences that are set out before them, if they do not , then, this doesnt end here as the Creator will ensure that these people will be made to regret what they have done to hurt baby Marcela.
            I pray for her soul but I know shes in a beautiful place where she is loved, hugged, kissed and cherished each day...times like this I wish I could have helped prevent this from happening - You know what I would have done? I would have taken her home, made her well, loved her, and gave her a loving home and a longer life... but shes in Gods hands now, where she isnt being hurt - she was too precious to live in our cruel world.

To all my Indian friends all over Indian Country - and those of you that have children - give them a hug, give them a kiss, and listen to what they are saying - do not take them for granted - they are all our leaders, lets love our children - REGARDLESS IF THEY ARE NOT YOUR BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN - please protect your loved ones from physical harm in this manner - a family is a strong bond - children are the closest thing to God.

Thank You All !!

Comment

• Eagle Plumes
              Pow Wow Committee
              • Sep 2005

Poor Baby Girl...

I love my babies sooo much the thought of someone hurting them makes my heart ache. As far as his punnishment many things come to mind but the one I like is stripping tiny strips of his flesh, and soaking him in gas and lite em up like a christmas tree!! But the little one is safe and happy with people who love her on the other side and not ever to be hurt again!
              I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

• btcsinger
                singer
                • Nov 2004

you know after reading this all i could do is ask myself why. i myself have a beautiful baby girl who turned 2 years old today and there is nothing in this world that i would trade her for. i was asked a question one time as to if i would die for my child and you know i would die for her in a heart beat. now on to how i feel that the parents should be punished and that is for them to be treated the way that they treated their baby girl. make them suffer the way that they made her suffer. i mean there are so many people out there that would have gladly taken her into their homes. but from what i got from the reading is that she was gone before she even passed.
                when its said and done and the pow wow is over one thing is for sure, we made them dance.

Comment

• ANNA NICOLE
                  Junior Dancer
                  • Oct 2003

This is terrible. It makes me so sad to know that someone would treat a baby like this. So Barbaric.
                  Are you taking me to sizzler??

Comment

• sandicloud
                    Pow Wow Visitor
                    • Apr 2005

As a Grandma and mother, my heart hurts when I think about the pain this young sacred child went through. I cry when I think about the confusion she must've felt when she felt nothing but pain from the people who were supposed to love and protect her.

Young people, love your children, take care of them. They are the future of our Native way of life. If you are on drugs and alcohol, please stop and take a long look at your life. If you have children, stop for their sake. Hug your babies and tell them you love them.

This beautiful baby now has all the grandmas and grandpas watching over her. Our beloved Elders who have gone on are now taking care of her. She is surrounded by love and beauty. She no longer feels pain.

Comment

• wyo_rose
                      Ready to dance
                      • Jun 2002

I'm sorry to say this happened in my own community. This is just horrendous and it doesn't get any easier even after hearing about it over and over for the last year and a half.

Andrew Yellowbear has been found guilty of First Degree Murder over the weekend. Sentence diliberations begin today. I, for one, don't think he should be given the death penalty. He should rot in prison for decades with no possibility of parole.

What makes this terrible crime even worse is that neighbors who heard the babies cries in the apartment complex, who saw him dragging the baby by the hair, and saw the baby with a black eye and then two black eyes did NOTHING.

I'm hoping everyone will step up and get involved. Turn in someone you believe is abusing their child. If they're not, no biggie. If they are, you may save a life or save some poor child great pain and suffering.
                      ...it is what it is...

Comment

• Blackbear
                        Honey Connoissuer
                        • Nov 2000

Originally posted by wyo_rose

What makes this terrible crime even worse is that neighbors who heard the babies cries in the apartment complex, who saw him dragging the baby by the hair, and saw the baby with a black eye and then two black eyes did NOTHING.

I'm hoping everyone will step up and get involved. Turn in someone you believe is abusing their child. If they're not, no biggie. If they are, you may save a life or save some poor child great pain and suffering.
                        That's one of the reasons I posted this article. I almost did'nt but people need to know about this so they can help prevent it where they are...

Comment

• Jibby™
                          NDNBUNZ
                          • Nov 2002

Deplorable. There is a case like that too up here on a rez. A little baby girl (4yrs???) who was put back in her mothers home from childrens aid and then was murdered. Apparently she was kept in a cage and shot at with bb guns and starved. Apparenlty it happened over 9 months ago but noone noticed her missing and it only came to light after her 12 yr old step brother came forward. They have yet to find the body which is believed to have been buried at a garbage dump.

It makes my soul cry and my heart ache to know there are such eveil people among us. Thankfully, she is out of that absolute horror and in a place where she will not even remember what happened. I cannot fathom the fear and pain this baby girl must have felt.

Those are not her parents. Those things will get what's coming to them either in jail or in the hereafter.
                          Got percap?

Comment

• chazziff
                            is waiting ....
                            • Aug 2004

yea if you even think there is something not right in a home - call!!! tell someone (your local native Child and Family Agency) if you are on reserve and if you are not call the local social services/human services or the police/RCMP. if you dont know the number to your local ICFS agency - REPORT IT TO THE POLICE/RCMP!! they will contact the proper authorities for you!!

and everybody remember this - if you dont call your hands will have that child's blood on them too!! better to be safe than sorry!!
                            Watch your broken dreams...
                            Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

• chazziff
                              is waiting ....
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jibby™
                              Deplorable. There is a case like that too up here on a rez. A little baby girl (4yrs???) who was put back in her mothers home from childrens aid and then was murdered. Apparently she was kept in a cage and shot at with bb guns and starved. Apparenlty it happened over 9 months ago but noone noticed her missing and it only came to light after her 12 yr old step brother came forward. They have yet to find the body which is believed to have been buried at a garbage dump.

It makes my soul cry and my heart ache to know there are such eveil people among us. Thankfully, she is out of that absolute horror and in a place where she will not even remember what happened. I cannot fathom the fear and pain this baby girl must have felt.

Those are not her parents. Those things will get what's coming to them either in jail or in the hereafter.
                              i remember watching this on the television -fakkkin sick parents!!

this took place on the fisher river first nation in manitoba, canada. and everyone is saying no comment ... this lil girl had the ball dropped her and she lost her life for it ...
                              Watch your broken dreams...
                              Dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon

Comment

• kiyaanii mom
                                We'll See....
                                • Apr 2004

Good he was found guilty. And now they will decide his punishment. So what happen to the mother? She made a deal, but what jail time is she serving? I hope it is long enough that she will be barren when she is released. And that her other children will have the chance to grow up without her evil influence. She is just at much at fault as he is. She saw everything and let it happen. NO MAN"S LOVE IS WORTH THE DEATH OF YOU CHILD!

What happen to the other people? Is the Grandmother going to be punished as well? I think she is partly to blame. Why didn't she go check on her? Or demand that they bring her to them to see her. She is the person who was given custody of this child. I also feel the closest neighbors should be reprimanded by the courts and by the tribal elders. They should all feel shame for allowing this to happen.

I heard about this story when the little girl died. I am glad you posted the stories for everyone to read, Blackbear. We all must be involved in our neighbors, families and communities. We should always report crimes, especially where the innocent are involved. We should call the police everytime we see someone weaving on the road or abusing another human being. Quit trying to deny alcohol abuse, drug abuse and physical abuse.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.