“Do you have Native American DNA?”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Manifest Destiny is that exactly?

The truth stands just cuz someone got Native DNA doesn't mean they know what it's like to be connected to a culture, community or tribe and thus they can't speak on that. I might have Chinese DNA somewhere back but I can't go on tv claiming to be a spokesperson for China.

And i'm sorry that you feel being condescending and snooty is a good thing.
    Last edited by kgirl7; 04-11-2006, 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Cariblanguage.org

Comment

Originally posted by apacheheart
      Fellow sea monkey or one of those pesky land monkeys again??....MAN BONE??....HA HAAAAAAAHH!!.......keep smilin'1,....and remember"wet or dry,s**t always smells the same,so don't get any on you.
      Oh my hero riding on your red horse to my rescue. (laugh) Sorry but that monkey is NOKD (not our kind darling). I'm not fazed.

I just look back in history to a brown haired, brown eyed man who held the same strong beliefs about his country and his people. He believed with everything with him that the people like him were his only deserving countrymen. He believed that people who thought and behaved like him were his only true brethern. What was his name? Oh yeah, HITLER. (laugh)
      If life gives you lemons, find the bloody ******* who sent them to you, pelt them with lemons and then ask them how the hell they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by kgirl7
        What Manifest Destiny is that exactly?

The truth stands just cuz someone got Native DNA doesn't mean they know what it's like to be connected to a culture, community or tribe and thus they can't speak on that. I might have Chinese DNA somewhere back but I can't go on tv claiming to be a spokesperson for China.

You'e on a computer look it up. (rolling eyes) Oh all right, I'm feeling all Learning Channel right now. It's the belief that white settlers had that they and only they had the supreme right to spread the girth of the North American continent from East to West. In this case I would be referring to you and people like you's belief that living on a little swat of land your oppressors so generously let you have because, well, they really didn't want it at the time, somehow makes you superior to anyone possessing portions of like genetic lineage who, say, were crazy enough to leave and fend for themselves in the world rather than take the sh*t they were shoveled.

You make the American forefathers proud you know. That's what they want, divisionalism. They want you to be too busy with your bigotry and short sightedness to keep your eye on the prize. Save your passion for something more important than a message board. Spew it upon those who are not here and who need to hear rather than those who are already here and listening. It is long said that when you yell, people cover their ears but when you whisper people crane their necks to hear. More commonly that you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

I do not personally care what you think of me to be perfectly honest but since you so obviously are crying out for my attention, here I am giving it to you. Maybe I really do care...I'm sure...somewhere...really, really, really.....really, really deep inside. Oh wait, that's just indigestion....(laugh)

I'm on TV?! Really? What channel? Strange that I don't see any cameras. I'm sure they'd *love* you in China. Why don't you hop on a plane and go check it out? I got powwows.com TV covered.

I also don't recall signing up for powwow committee or running for Indian Princess but maybe just maybe my fan club voted me on defacto.

Being condescending and snooty is a good thing when it makes lazy people rise and puts the arrogant in their place.

Thank you for amusing me. Not being one easily offended I welcome anyone who has anything to say to step up to the plate. "The people" have been too meek for too long.

Vote yes to the Natural Elimination Act!

Yeehaw!

Grea all the way baby!

If life gives you lemons, find the bloody ******* who sent them to you, pelt them with lemons and then ask them how the hell they like it.

Comment

The truth stands just cuz someone got Native DNA doesn't mean they know what it's like to be connected to a culture, community or tribe and thus they can't speak on that.

I might have Chinese DNA somewhere back but I can't go on tv claiming to be a spokesperson for China.

Good words Kgirl, kinda hits the nail on the head.

greagirl, I think you are being to harsh with your words.

What is the Natural Elimination Act anyway? Is it like, natural colon cleansing or something?

You are entitled to your opinion of how things should be, could be , would be, and guess what, not everyone is going to like it, or take the time to argue with you about it..

Comment

I know what Manifest Destiny is. I wanted to know how specifically I was supporting Manifest Destiny by my statements.

I don't view living on the rez as being superior to someone off the rez. I don't view living off the rez as being superior to being on the rez. (And just so you know I don't live on a reservation. I live in the Bronx.) They're places people live.

MY MAIN POINT is that I think issues of reservations are more complex than "it's just a scrap of land the government gave." That's all I'm trying to get across about reservations!

I know you haven't volunteered for any powwow club or committee and that's GOOD, but the fact is there are many people that have formed "Native" committees even made up their own tribes and the sole connection they have to their Native heritage is some oral story of some great grandmother waaaay back or a piece of DNA or somethin. I'm not saying *you* personally have done that but it has happened and by people who don't get that it takes more than DNA to "be" Native. If someone finds out that they are like 1/64 Lakota one day, let me make this clear, I see nothing wrong with them trying to find their Lakota family and learn the culture. (And actually some people won't agree with me on that.) But what I do have a problem with said person thinking that they can offer lessons on Lakota spirituality just because they are 1/64 Lakota. Or join an Indian committee representing Lakota people. And that's what people have done because they found out that one day they were x-amount Indian so now they know what it's all like to be Indian.
            That's what i'm trying to get across. I'm not trying to divide people or get on some superiority schtick. I don't view people in terms of superior/inferior.
            Cariblanguage.org

Comment

I know what Manifest Destiny is. I wanted to know how specifically I was supporting Manifest Destiny by my statements.

I don't view living on the rez as being superior to someone off the rez. I don't view living off the rez as being superior to being on the rez. (And just so you know I don't live on a reservation. I live in the Bronx.) They're places people live.

MY MAIN POINT is that I think issues of reservations are more complex than "it's just a scrap of land the government gave." That's all I'm trying to get across about reservations!

I know you haven't volunteered for any powwow club or committee and that's GOOD, but the fact is there are many people that have formed "Native" committees even made up their own tribes and the sole connection they have to their Native heritage is some oral story of some great grandmother waaaay back or a piece of DNA or somethin. I'm not saying *you* personally have done that but it has happened and by people who don't get that it takes more than DNA to "be" Native. If someone finds out that they are like 1/64 Lakota one day, let me make this clear, I see nothing wrong with them trying to find their Lakota family and learn the culture. (And actually some people won't agree with me on that.) But what I do have a problem with said person thinking that they can offer lessons on Lakota spirituality just because they are 1/64 Lakota. Or join an Indian committee representing Lakota people. And that's what people have done because they found out that one day they were x-amount Indian so now they know what it's all like to be Indian.
              That's what i'm trying to get across. I'm not trying to divide people or get on some superiority schtick. I don't view people in terms of superior/inferior.
              those types are called insta-ndn...you just add water and wait an hour and poof instant medicine person...NO ONE who says they offer lessons in any of our spiritualities is a legit medicine person
              sigpic
              TRUDELL FOR PRESIDENT

(and no,this isnt zeek)

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Bear
                Good words Kgirl, kinda hits the nail on the head.

greagirl, I think you are being to harsh with your words.

What is the Natural Elimination Act anyway? Is it like, natural colon cleansing or something?

You are entitled to your opinion of how things should be, could be , would be, and guess what, not everyone is going to like it, or take the time to argue with you about it..
                Yes, I am being harsh with my words. It proves my point though doesn't it? She just keeps rising to the bait and rising to the bait and rising to the bait. Another lesson in life: Those who can evoke your anger can control you. (wink.) Don't give people that power over you.

I made up the Natural Elimination Act. Another part of my tongue in cheekiness that not everyone will get. Nor do I wish for everyone to get it. Interesting that you get the reference to bodily functions. (laugh) That's exactly how I meant it.

I don't particularly care if people like what I have to say or agree with it but I will say what I choose to say to whom I choose to say it as I choose to say it. Right now as I laugh, she is probably so angry that she can hardly type. It's like a car wreck - fascinating in it's grotesqueness...

People give away a lot without meaning to. (laugh)

Grea.

Comment

LOL, so angry i can hardly type eh? No, it's just the internet. I was actually laughing cuz this is EXACTLY how debates with my dad go down. He brings up a point then I rebut it and then he tries to shut me up or end the convo by saying "It's just MY OPINION". It makes me chuckle when i think about it. We enjoy debating with each other (when he doesn't use the "my opinion" bit.)

I kept typing a reply to you cuz i thought you'd be willing to discuss it but guess not.
                  Cariblanguage.org

Comment

Well said. I ain't mad at cha. (grin) If you would have come out of the block like that in the first place, we wouldn't have even have gone around that cherry tree.

I understand that there is more to it than that but that does not eliminate that it is in it's beginning and its continued essence a piece of land that the government gave. I am woman at my basest nature. I am also educated and hard working and some would say a b*tch, etc, that still does not take away from the fact that I am still at my beginning and at my core a woman. It is what it is. I do now and I will always call a spade a spade. Would sweeter words make you feel better?

I'm also against welfare in general and support stronger restrictions being placed on the programs. When I was younger I worked my a** off with a program that provides job training and education for the underpriviledged to make them self sufficient. I even managed to get the program opened to people under the previously set age of 21 down to 18 and facilitated communication between youth programs to make it easier for young people to get in to be able to take care of themselves. I've slept outside and I've slept in $200/night rooms. I've starved and I've eaten $100 meals. As long as a person is doing *something* to improve their situation be it through education or working or just taking the time to sign a petition or other acts of activism, I can respect that. I can not respect enablism.

There have been con artists and people who will distort or take advantaged of any situation as long as there have been people of all colors. Yes, even full bloods who rape their own people. That is the way of the world. All you can do is keep your eyes open and do what you can to protect the less wary.

There are ways of getting rid of them. Learn your channels. Learn the system and work the h*ll out of it. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've rattled more than a few very large, impressive cages in my time. Seething does no good.

I'm here to learn from anyone who has wisdom to impart, not censure. I will always be Grea. If you don't like my point of view try showing me yours rather than running around with your angry monkey...I hear I'm pretty smart. If what you make says sense, I will consider it.

Now quit making me be serious damn it! (laugh)

Comment

LOL, so angry i can hardly type eh? No, it's just the internet. I was actually laughing cuz this is EXACTLY how debates with my dad go down. He brings up a point then I rebut it and then he tries to shut me up or end the convo by saying "It's just MY OPINION". It makes me chuckle when i think about it. We enjoy debating with each other (when he doesn't use the "my opinion" bit.)

I kept typing a reply to you cuz i thought you'd be willing to discuss it but guess not.
                      Why touch me in the morning and walk away! Aren't you just full of lovely squiggly things! Another player I see! Nothing beats a good argument for pure unadulterated fun.... Of course with your saucy tongue you may never find a husband...(laugh)

It appears to be your move sweet cheeks....

Comment

I am curious about this DNA matching. Will the US Government try to use this to eliminate NDN people if the NDN is not enough NDN acording to the official BIA NDN life Chart. (no such Chart YET).

Secondly, what DNA markers are they using to say we are all NDN. I'm not sure what markers are common to ALL NDN peoples. I don't see much similarity between Creeks(Musckogees) and Delawares or Osages. How are the Mojaves similar to Apaches or Shoshones. We can do this all day long. I do understand that many Tribes are related historically.

Does anyone know what DNA markers they are using to say we are the same peoples. I think that would be like saying all you'reapeains are the same genetically.
                        BOB

Comment

Originally posted by CHEROSAGE
                          I am curious about this DNA matching. Will the US Government try to use this to eliminate NDN people if the NDN is not enough NDN acording to the official BIA NDN life Chart. (no such Chart YET).

Secondly, what DNA markers are they using to say we are all NDN. I'm not sure what markers are common to ALL NDN peoples. I don't see much similarity between Creeks(Musckogees) and Delawares or Osages. How are the Mojaves similar to Apaches or Shoshones. We can do this all day long. I do understand that many Tribes are related historically.

Does anyone know what DNA markers they are using to say we are the same peoples. I think that would be like saying all you'reapeains are the same genetically.
                          Research into genetics in the 21st century has revealed that American Indian Haplotype is a type of material found in over 95% of indigenous people so far tested. This particular Haplotype is an easily obtained chain of genetic material that is obtained by the extraction of Mitochondria as a means to prove one has American Indian Blood somewhere in their family history.

http://www.comanchelodge.com/cherokee-blood.html

http://www.genetree.com/product/nati...81138&PID=4742

Personally I feel the government will eventually use this against the Native Americans in some way, so keep your DNA to yourselves!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Bear
                            Research into genetics in the 21st century has revealed that American Indian Haplotype is a type of material found in over 95% of indigenous people so far tested. This particular Haplotype is an easily obtained chain of genetic material that is obtained by the extraction of Mitochondria as a means to prove one has American Indian Blood somewhere in their family history.

http://www.comanchelodge.com/cherokee-blood.html

http://www.genetree.com/product/nati...81138&PID=4742

Personally I feel the government will eventually use this against the Native Americans in some way, so keep your DNA to yourselves!!
                            Too late.. from what I've heard they kept dna samples when they used to do the old Polio vaccinations. That's all they would need anyhow... one generation's worth.

added in edit: Knowing this stuff is what made the last few seasons' of Xfiles more interesting and understandable.
                            Last edited by Blackbear; 04-12-2006, 01:58 PM.
                            Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbear
                              Too late.. from what I've heard they kept dna samples when they used to do the old Polio vaccinations. That's all they would need anyhow... one generation's worth.

added in edit: Knowing this stuff is what made the last few seasons' of Xfiles more interesting and understandable.
                              Wow.. didn't know that ^^^^

Gotta love the Xfiles, I know I do!

Comment

[QUOTE=ndnlady1306]I think that being Native is to live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep, and practice all of the Native traditions that have been passed down from generations long ago. [QUOTE=ndnlady1306]

Originally posted by ndnlady1306
                                All non-natives who are trying to be who they are not are just denying themselves out of their own heritage and culture. I think that it is sad when people are so lost that they don't who they are so they try to borrow other peoples lives and thier past.

Amen ndnlady! I agree with everything that you said 100%. I am going to live and die as an African Native American woman. The non-natives AKA "Native American wannabes" need to be ashame of themselves; they need to be embrace more of their hertiage and do not be ashamed. I cannot stand Native American wannabes at all. UGH!

~ Tiffany "Stands Tall Woman"
                                Last edited by StandsTallWoman; 04-25-2006, 02:42 PM.
                                ~ Tiffany ~

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X