X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by apacheheart
    Not afraid to say it....I'm a fan!!Go on witcherr bad self!!....keep smilin'1
    You do realize that now you will be added to the do not call list? (grin)

Leave a comment:

• apacheheart
    replied
    Count me in...

Not afraid to say it....I'm a fan!!Go on witcherr bad self!!....keep smilin'1

Leave a comment:

• sokoki_wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by greagirl
    (laugh) I've known him for months now. He's one of the old timers and big posters here. He's my post daddy. (laugh)

I dared him to meet me here to clown last night and of course he did, not being able to resist my "magnetic personality"... (laugh) Of course I did manage to add his house keys to the collection of things sticking to me so that could have been the real reason.

I think most people here are intimidated by me in one way or another because I'm so brash. So they just sit back and read and don't jump into the fray. Same when I go into the chat room.

I trust I have another fan here....at least one not afraid to mention it in public. (laugh) Now, I'm off pretending to work again.

Enjoy!

Salacious in Slate

Grea.

Leave a comment:

• Mama Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoMe
    Scammed!

Someone thought of a way to get rich by matching genetic molecules to determine a match with American Indian DNA.

*L

If your DNA matches 100% to American Indian....

And you don't know what tribe you are and no tribe will accept you.....

Then you can legally only be a "Generic Check Box Indian!"
    scam it is... Shame there are people out there who are doing this..

What I was leading up to is the question about the DNA of Natives and how the scientist are trying to prove that immigration to North American was over the land bridge millions of years ago.

Are tribes allowing DNA testing or. are the tribes telling them(scientist) we have our own creation so screw you and your theories?

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Scammed!

Someone thought of a way to get rich by matching genetic molecules to determine a match with American Indian DNA.

*L

If your DNA matches 100% to American Indian....

And you don't know what tribe you are and no tribe will accept you.....

Then you can legally only be a "Generic Check Box Indian!"
    Last edited by WhoMe; 04-11-2006, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• greagirl
    replied
    That's all you,Babe...remember I'm new to this whole thing....but obviously you have a following(lol)....you should become a guru and cash in on all the attention!!....keep smilin'1
    (laugh) I've known him for months now. He's one of the old timers and big posters here. He's my post daddy. (laugh)

I dared him to meet me here to clown last night and of course he did, not being able to resist my "magnetic personality"... (laugh) Of course I did manage to add his house keys to the collection of things sticking to me so that could have been the real reason.

I think most people here are intimidated by me in one way or another because I'm so brash. So they just sit back and read and don't jump into the fray. Same when I go into the chat room.

I trust I have another fan here....at least one not afraid to mention it in public. (laugh) Now, I'm off pretending to work again.

Enjoy!

Salacious in Slate

Grea.

Leave a comment:

• apacheheart
    replied
    Nuh Uh!!

That's all you,Babe...remember I'm new to this whole thing....but obviously you have a following(lol)....you should become a guru and cash in on all the attention!!....keep smilin'1

Leave a comment:

• Mama Bear
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greagirl
    replied
    Well lift my leg...You like me! I like me too! (laugh)

Grea....I like you.....straight up.I really should be grateful for getting anything,no matter how insignificant it might be to me.They would never let me forget it anyway!!....(lol)keep smilin'1
    I laugh all of the time. Perhaps that's why people stare at me funny everywhere I go...perhaps that's also why Daddy bought me that white jacket with all of the nice, shiny buckles...Nah! He just wants to make sure I hug myself everyday and hold it as long as possible. (laugh)

I apparently have a reputation now...so Powwows.com has informed me. I don't know if that is a good thing....Did you have anything to do with my reputation here? I mean, you said if I went all the way you would never tell! (laugh)

Leave a comment:

• apacheheart
    replied
    quite saucy.....

Grea....I like you.....straight up.I really should be grateful for getting anything,no matter how insignificant it might be to me.They would never let me forget it anyway!!....(lol)keep smilin'1

Leave a comment:

• greagirl
    replied
    That depends...

My great-grandmother on my mother's aunt's side might have been a Spanish princess......but I haven't been able to prove it yet.Does that make me eligible for land claim in Spain?? I hear Barcelona is lovely in the springtime!!....just don't take the subway!!(jokes).To hell with anthros and their crap!!Everything has to have a category,a label,and a reason to exist as far as their concerned.I wonder if any of these folks go to church,or are part of an organization that promotes belief in Creationism,all the while discrediting our beliefs...how hypocritical would that be!!But then again,we are supposed to keep these things seperate...aren't we??....keep smilin'1
    ...on whether or not you like Spain and if she was the legitimate heir or just another royal b*stard. (laugh) Surely you should be calling up the DNA boys so that you can confirm! There's a nice muddy bog with your name on it...no really. I'm sorry, I thought your parents told you that your name indeed means "muddy bog".

Shut your yappin' and take a front seat view from your box. Is it not enough that they gave it to you and lined with with shredded newspaper! The least you owe them is your very life's blood as a sign of eternal loyalty. Your Spanish Princess would be quite disappointed in your ingratitude.

As for the worship of facts and the worship of the intangible, they are of course separate silly. Everyone knows that science and religion have nothing to do with each other save when it's really, really convenient.

Saucy in Sienna

Grea.

Leave a comment:

• apacheheart
    replied
    Does this apply??....

My great-grandmother on my mother's aunt's side might have been a Spanish princess......but I haven't been able to prove it yet.Does that make me eligible for land claim in Spain?? I hear Barcelona is lovely in the springtime!!....just don't take the subway!!(jokes).To hell with anthros and their crap!!Everything has to have a category,a label,and a reason to exist as far as their concerned.I wonder if any of these folks go to church,or are part of an organization that promotes belief in Creationism,all the while discrediting our beliefs...how hypocritical would that be!!But then again,we are supposed to keep these things seperate...aren't we??....keep smilin'1

Leave a comment:

• greagirl
    replied
    And for the record...

I have too much pride, no matter what my Native blood percentage to take handouts from the very *******s who made me need handouts in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• greagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Mama Bear
    What would you say to a scientist, who came to your reservation or tribe and asked you to submit DNA, because he was tracking human migration patterns over the course of centuries?
    Unless I fell into mad love, I would never live on a reservation. (grin) I personally have no problem with being an "other" and I always check as many boxes as I feel like checking. (laugh)

My native blood is just as much a part of my heritage as my white blood and my black blood. I would not be who I was if any of them were not there. For me it just is something that is. That I don't speak French or celebrate Bastille Day does not nullify my white French blood. That I do not practice Voodoo or speak Hatian does not nullify my Hatian blood and likewise that the only thing I know about Native Americans I have gleaned here and there primarly from books and TV does not nullify my Native blood either. To say that my lifestyle choices makes me one race or another is just plain pish posh. If I were a full blood living on a rez who chose not to follow the old ways, would I not have native blood then? Your blood line is your blood line. Like it or embrace it or not, it just is.

As I know much about the other 2 parts of my heritage, it only seems fair that I do the same for this portion is it not? Of course forces beyond my control have made this decision for me so here I am, stuck with it all nonetheless. What all of the mystery and secrecy is about I don't really get. Why people who have no native blood would want to claim some is also beyond me.

That being said, I would probably tell them to f*ck off....Strange how typically anglo anthropologists rarely seek to poke and prod and desecrate their own kind is it not? (laugh) How exactly is establishing one's heritage breakdown indicative of migration patterns anyway? That I am now in Houston does in no way indicate my "migration patterns". It only proves that I now live in Houston. Unless they DNA everyone in the world including digging up the dead and DNA testing them, they could not possibly hope to get anything more than more hypothesis at best. More likely, just more conjecture which is what we have now...without poking people. (grin) What are we in Gattaca?

Leave a comment:

• Mama Bear
    replied
    What would you say to a scientist, who came to your reservation or tribe and asked you to submit DNA, because he was tracking human migration patterns over the course of centuries?

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X