Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the issue of wannabes,fakes etc important to you??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love your reply - (I ask them, "do you know a lot of NDNs?" They say no and I say, "then how do you know what we look like.") I will use that in the future - thank you for your reply - I knew there had to be others like me out there. As a Substance abuse counselor and the manager of a homeless shelter for women and children, I deal daily with the damage that people cause by judging others by their appearance, and not by what is inside. Unfortunately, that IS the way the world is.... sad but true
    tend to the little things in life, for you may look back and see that they were the big things

Comment

What is the issue?

Hey Just Kitty;
      I am also a substance abuse counselor. I am lic in the State of Tenn and am also a NCAC. Any jobs out your way?
      ~2 Trails ~

Comment

Lots of jobs in the larger cities, and, believe it or not, the Fresno area!?!?! Fresno has a large concentration of rehabs because there is a great CAADE accreditted school there. Here in the Coachella Valley, unfortunately there are only a handful of centers. i think it maybe because the Betty Ford Center is here. But you have to have a masters at least to work there.

We are going to be breaking ground next year on a beautiful new facility and we will have a lot of positions to fill then. AGRM.org has an employment page and list the positions with our association around the US.

Blessing to you - it really takes a special kind of person to work in our field, take the kind of heartbreak we see daily, and do it for the low rate of pay that we get!!!! I really love the work, thrive on it actually, but have been told by many people, "I couldn't do your job".

Out here in CA you are required to have CAADEE, CADAC, or the national, or international equivilent of on these. They have really tightened the regulations and the certification requirements in our state - how about there?
        tend to the little things in life, for you may look back and see that they were the big things

Comment

And, and, and this 1 time @ Band Camp.....

Here's my usual spin.....In some instances a "Wannabe" had an instructor? Possibly a "Wannabe" instructor who learned from yes once again a Wannabe? Now somewhere in that confusion that Wannabe (word keeps popping up) just could have had influence from a Skin....Who professed to have the G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip mind you....N that Skin divulged or swindled that Wannabe? What i'm getting @ is certain folks leave certain things open and then Wannabes scoop up that info and run with it....If the info was never made available, well maybe that would have never happenned? I.E. "If Woody had gone 2 the Police this would never have happenned". Skins need to keep certain doings under da Radar so 2 speak....Now another flip on this is.....Let them....Let the "wannabe" (yet again that word) make an absolute jackass out of themselves. Let them cause as long as your grounded in who and what you are.....Jackasses shouldn't disturb you....More so you could find it amusing....Yet another flip....We need Cultural Police....Folks who will patrol possible "wannabe" doings and shut them right down! Draw and quarter all said Wannabes and collect any funds generated by said Wannabes and deposit funds into the "Anti-Wannabe trust fund". This fund can help further protect and defend from Wannabe assaults.....Kind of like the Homeland Security fund.....All Wannabes will carry a Wannabe card that will identify them as a Wannabe! Please be careful when reading posts by the Coyot for they can be amusing or even confusiing to a Wannabe...... The the the the that's all folks....
          "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Even more of a spin.....

I've noticed some so-called "Wannabes" have more respect for certain particulars then some Skins? I.E. Cultural attaches.....That falls in the knowledge category and just general respect. Certain things that don't need to be mentioned at least here in a forum, should remain within communities. In general though and as long as respect is practiced certain "Cultural Attaches" are beneficial to any two legged being. However don't use or abuse it.
            "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House
              ..Let them....Let the "wannabe" (yet again that word) make an absolute jackass out of themselves. Let them cause as long as your grounded in who and what you are.....Jackasses shouldn't disturb you....More so you could find it amusing
              that's what I do. They are humorous!

Comment

Ki!

Originally posted by Kiwehnzii
                that's what I do. They are humorous!
                Long time no see.....How is it? Do tell the fam I said YO! Geez evertyime I see your Avatar I crack up! Take care!!!

Comment

We should be more worried about what our children are becoming than a handful of wannabees. I find only rare examples in the states, dont know much about canada's situation, of indian children with little or no knowledge of their culture or language other than powwowing. Kids these days are finding more in common with ghetto culture than their own traditional values.

Right now I am working on something that I think will open the doors of the indigenous community to each other and I hope will economically enable the indigenous community to hange this.

Comment

Holay! Gache!

Been a While.....ready 4 a Hot debate? LOL!

Comment

always even if I lose lol

Comment

I feel bad for the "wannabe's" they have no where to belong and hey I say at least they are better than those who supress people they envy.;) besides without the wannabe's where would we get the hobbiests from, now that is some great entertainment. he he.
                        ??Aayooish K'ei chah??

Comment

Wannabe or Lost Native American Indian?

My heritage is as follows - my great grandmother was full blood Cherokee ( Tsalagi ), and down to my mother they are all on the roles in Tahlequah. I was raised not knowing any of this until I was 48 when my mother gave me the paperwork to apply for membership into the Cherokee Nation. "Wannabe" - Is it my fault that I was ignorant of my heratige?

I grew up in western Oklahoma hunting with a bow by choice, respecting my elders and the animals I hunted for food. I gave thanks to the Great Sprit (GOD) for what I was given. I raised my children to respect their mother earth and all who live upon her be it man or animal. I thought my sons to only take an animal for food and not for sport. All this I did being ignorant of my heritage.

I was thought the traditional values of treating others the way I wish to be treated, to gain knowledge so that I may know right from wrong, and to give thanks even when there isn't much to be thankful for. ( We always can be thankful for the air we breath, the sun that warms us, the food we eat, and even the day that we are allowed to live )

I do not make anything, I do not sell anything, nor do I try to pass myself off as an Indian but I am proud to be even part Indian. For they are the true first American's and have suffered the most for this country. The white history tells stories of how hard it was for them in the early days, the blacks have their stories of salvery, and even the asians have their stories. But if your not an Indian you don't have much to complain about.

I live with a desire to learn more about my heritage and the culture of it. Over the past few years I have read about my heritage, resurched the internet about my heritage and have visited with others. But when I try to talk to someone about it I am accused by the whites of only wanting to be an Indain for the money, ( what money? My mother ddin't see any for just being Indian. ) looked upon by the Indains as a wannabe who is only looking for acceptance in a club ( What club? I didn't know there was a club. What is it called? "The First Suppressed People" or "The Forced Out Club of America" Don't think I want to join those)

My questions is: Am I a wannabe "injun" ( oooo hate that word ) or a lost Native American Indian who has a desire to learn more about why he believes the way he believes naturally. Is it a question of blood only or a complex question of how one my believe and live his life?

I hope I did not upset anyone with my comments but I is a real puzzle to me why the only thing most can agree on is to disagree.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by bowcrazy; 10-29-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

oooo, if your not sure yourself dont call anyone "a wannabe Injun" the club thing was kind of mean too. I suppose it comes down to the simple fact of whether you know yourself to be a native or do you just live the lifestyle? was your mother Cherokee? then you are cherokee. Others might say well how much cherokee blood do you have? know your clans. If you want to be apart of the "cool club" lol then know your clans. thats what I think. *ting*
                            ??Aayooish K'ei chah??

Comment

Please forgive me for the missunderstanding -- the " Wannabe Injun" and the Club thing came from reading other post on other threads that ticked me off. -- it was not ment to be mean but to make a point -- I want to be me and accepted as such -- A full blood naturally born American who has a Native American heritage and who is applying for membership in his tribe - not to be known as a wannabe anything who is trying to join a club for recignition of any kind.

I would never call anyone an injun, just as I would not call a mexican a spik, a black a nigger or an aisian a chink. They are turms used to be negative in conitation and would only make me look more ignortant than I already am.

Agian Please forgive me for the missunderstanding --- and accept me for what I am. I am tring to learn more and with your help I may gain the knowledge and wisdom you will share with me.

Comment

o tay, that's cool. I have a question, are you in the process of applying for membeship? have you been accepted? oh and the comment about uuumm being a full blooded american, what is your mother and father?
                                ??Aayooish K'ei chah??

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

widgetinstance 224 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X