Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Barbie at Powwow! High-heeled moccasins! It'll sell! But probably not to Indian kids.

Comment

Originally posted by trob226
      Indian Barbie at Powwow! High-heeled moccasins! It'll sell! But probably not to Indian kids.
      You are correct! It will never sell to ndn kids. They are a little too smart for that one! LOL!

On the other hand there was once an NDN Barbie that I did date for a while in high school. Ah.... the good old days!
      Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Originally posted by TKMJ Productions
        You are correct! It will never sell to ndn kids. They are a little too smart for that one! LOL!

On the other hand there was once an NDN Barbie that I did date for a while in high school. Ah.... the good old days!
        Did she wear high heeled moccasins? Sorry, just the thought of those has my imagination running wild. Fully beaded spike heals.....

Comment

Originally posted by trob226
          Did she wear high heeled moccasins? Sorry, just the thought of those has my imagination running wild. Fully beaded spike heals.....
          With her figure and her taste in clothing, she could have gotten away with fully beaded heals back in the late 60s early 70s. The last time I saw Barb was at my 30yr high school reunion. She still looks yummy!
          Don't ask me what I think about something unless you want a truthful anwser. It may not be the anwser you are looking for.

It's better to fly with the eagles then drive with the turkeys.

Duct tape has a light side and dark side that binds our universe together.

Bad attatude lessons available here. To inquire, Check the box to the right. []

Comment

Isn't it...

Absolutely ridiculous when a dancer adorns himself with more feathers then the bird? Some bustles i've seen are pathetic.....Hey 2 each their own....I prefer older styles....Oh and it's not just eagles being poached....It boils down to the individual though....How can you "blame" or accuse the Dance? I suppose next we'll hear a number of other doings are contributing to the demise of something....Folks should be careful on both sides of the fence....Who ya gonna trust?
            "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Originally posted by Coyot_In_The_House
              ....It boils down to the individual though....How can you "blame" or accuse the Dance? I suppose next we'll hear a number of other doings are contributing to the demise of something....Folks should be careful on both sides of the fence....Who ya gonna trust?

Yote,

You made some good points.

I have been sitting on this one (article) for a while.

In looking at the other side of the fence...

"America did not have eagle conservation problems before EuroAmerican westward expansion."

Indian people the main eagle killers? Duh???? I don't think so. Putting the deaths of eagles today, into perspective....

"Most eagles are killed from powerlines, poisons, netting, road kills and captivity in zoos."
              Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a good convo....

But c'mon.....? I ignored this thread for sometime....out of "assuming" it was ridiculous....Ironically their will be people out there who fantasize it though....If Powwows or Skins are the greatest killers of Eagles...Well I suppose Wolves are responsible for the depletion of Caribou herds up North? In acuality the Wolf saves the herd by hunting or eliminating weak or diseased Caribou....Now I certainly don't condone poaching and yes it does exist, but as usual Who Me set it straight.....
                "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

Im hungry. Im gonna poach a pizza right now.
                  There are 2 types of people in the world...
                  Really stupid people who think they are smart
                  and
                  Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Yeah U look HUNGRY!

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob
                    Im hungry. Im gonna poach a pizza right now.
                    Happy Poaching....

Comment

Poaching Pizzas is illegal in most states !
                      I'm turnin' you in to the pizza repository !
                      The Italians are going to be very upset with you !
                      I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                      It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

shh you diddnt hear it from me , he's been shareing his pepperroni's
                        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Its Not Real, Its A Play Doh Pizza!!! Really Officer!
                          There are 2 types of people in the world...
                          Really stupid people who think they are smart
                          and
                          Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

Awwwwwwehhh DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY PLAYDOHS ARE KILLED EVERY YEAR TO MAKE THOSE IMATATION PIZZAS ?
                            I believe blood quantums are the governments way to breed us out of existance !

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
                            It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

sigpic

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care

Comment

i think the article is a good wake-up

these feathers was never meant to be judged at compititions. ive seen young people draging bussels on the ground. these feathers were never meant to be bought or sold. just like the guy in article the 1/8 cherokee. he proberly knows nothing of the feathers in creators teachings. i agree pow-wows are killing birds
                              sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob View Post
                                Id like to think the black market is for feathers that people who dont dance get legally just for the purpose of selling. Im sure everyone knows someone who always has some stuff. Next time, ask where they came from. Not that they are gonna say they shot the bird, but if everyone starts questioning them and not buying, maybe they will stop.

its more honorable to dance with your own feathers than to buy them just to look good.

but Im a white guy with painted feather, so what do I know.
                                some painted feathers look cool. but they cant obtain the medicine you have in a wambli feather.. like playing on a cow hide drum compared to one with a buffallo. no medicine.
                                sigpicMITAKUYE OYASIN... "then I was standing on the highest mountain of them all , and round about beneath me was the whole hoop of the world . and while i stood there I saw more than I can tell . and I Under Stood more then I saw . for I Was Seeing in a Sacred manner the Shapes of All . Hehaka Sapa. dec 1863-aug 17 or 19 , 1950.. listen online TO KILI 90.1 FM porcupine butte

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.