Barack Obama to help Native Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dang.
    I had all these great words to reply to the anti anybody but bush rants and it all comes down to... dang.

what, are we to just continue with what we've had? a president who can't count, never fought anywhere to understand the sacrifice, and zhit, is just plain stupid (he is the one who coined the word "internets").

whomever you vote for, please think long and hard and pray however you pray, knowing that this is the biggest election in a long time.
    Poetry is life in print.

https://poetryislifeinprint.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/KarlieCharlesSoftball/

Comment

• a few quotes from the "wonderous" president...

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"First, we would not accept a treaty that would not have been ratified, nor a treaty that I thought made sense for the country." -George W. Bush, on the Kyoto accord, April 24, 2001

"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." -George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"I want it to be said that the Bush administration was a results-oriented administration, because I believe the results of focusing our attention and energy on teaching children to read and having an education system that's responsive to the child and to the parents, as opposed to mired in a system that refuses to change, will make America what we want it to be - a more literate country and a hopefuller country." -George W. Bush, Jan. 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."—3/13/02

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

"It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."—April 28, 2005

I think the American people—I hope the American–I don't think, let me—I hope the American people trust me."—Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

"The fundamental question is, 'Will I be a successful president when it comes to foreign policy?' I will be, but until I'm the president, it's going to be hard for me to verify that I think I'll be more effective."—Wayne, Mich., June 28, 2000

sigpic

Comment

• Midway through falling on the floor laughing out loud I realized the above are words not from a cartoon character but a sitting president!!!!!!

So I had to rationalize my laughter and fell upon my usual mantra:
        "If you don't laugh, you'll cry and die depressed."
        Poetry is life in print.

Comment

• Skillet that wasn't for you it was for Nishnawbe10 and by the way I am not here, representing any party, but I will state facts and point out the lies of the Democrats. They are not above being busted when they lie, and for the life of me why are they soooooo holy that it's a sin to call them on their mess? The Clintons record and Obama's, Please! Do I think Bush floats above the ground, NO! But what he has done right, he should get props for. When either party does good things, then they should be recognized as such!
          You all, can't have it both ways, when the truth is presented it's the truth and they can't hide from what they have done and said, and that applies to both parties!
          Your an NDN, well so am I!
          No, I don't want more of the same, or more of the same from the prior administration either! Finally someone else is saying that it's important to make an informed decision when voting!
          So why be so afraid to hear the truth or facts that you may not know about because it's outside the Democrat spin? I would love to point out the truth about Clinton's record and will continue to talk about his ridicules wife, him and Obama. No problem! Where Bush has been a disappointment, I will can talk about that too! That is what makes us different. I can give credit where credit is due! So we'll see where the truth takes us.
          Oh, and skillet I have asked questions ALL ALONG and NOTHING! I have read your rhetoric and could probably write it for you. I don't write your favorite way or think just like you, but then again, I'm not suppose to. It would be nice to actually talk about the issues as I have been trying to. I would like to actually talk about how the videos above aren't rhetoric but actual words being spoken, proving a point that it didn't originate with Bush, it originated with the Democrats. What about that?
          I used my own words as you wanted and asked anyone to explain to me how higher taxes are good for us, how bigger government is good for us, how more governmental control has ever been good for us, how Obama wants to send more money out of the country, how at least 3 of his programs call for countless tax increases, How more that ten million families will have to pay up to 5,000 more a year on taxes, for just one program, much less the foreign aide, the Universal Health care, etc.
          When the Democrats roll back the tax cuts under this administration, that will be yet another tax increase! Because we will all be paying those taxes AGAIN! Anyone getting the picture yet? They want to take your money, to give it to support someone else, or do you think that you could spend YOUR MONEY BETTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT? I think I am a much better steward with MY MONEY, than the government is! I don't want them having more of it, why do you? JFK a democratic president did what Bush did to grow the economy and it worked both times, BY CUTTING OUR TAXES, yet the Dems. want to repeal the tax cuts, taking more, out of our pay checks and, your all fine with that!
          So you mention how high rent is, food is, clothes, cost of living etc. yet you will vote for or at least support people that promise to take more of your money! Yeah, that make great sense! WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THEY WANT MORE OF MY MONEY, PLEASE! Oh, and by the way when Clinton left office we were in an economic downturn! Bush inherited that down turn and also in a short 8 months into his presidency he had 911 to deal with, and the twin towers were chosen to DISRUPT THE ECONOMY AND IT DID, IN A BIG WAY! The towers were key financial institutions, and our airline industry was in deep trouble as Americans were scared to fly! That is why there have been continual terrorist threats against Wall Street and why NYC remains such a target! The list is a long tedious list, of what this administration faced, that Clinton's didn't! I plan on voting for the candidate who best qualified, but I WILL NEVER VOTE OUT OF TRADITION, BECAUSE I OWE A PARTY MY VOTE! THE CANDIDATE HAS TO EARN IT, AND THAT IS FREEDOM!

Comment

• Homalosa, Clinton didn't fight anywhere, he was a draft dodger. Bush served his country. To discount his service would be the same as saying that all others that served in the same capacity as Bush, didn't really serve their country either. That is also like saying that members of the military that supply support positions, outside of battle, really don't serve either. Bush's father was a war hero. Not everyone goes into battle, but we had a president that sent men and women into harms way, but wouldn't do it himself. That's a coward and less than a man who would send someone else to their possible death, but wouldn't serve the country he is sending from!
            Internets? Remember how Al Gore invented the internet? How dumb was that?
            There's alot of tit for tat when it comes to stupid things that politicians say, but it's what they do in office that counts and that is the meat of what matters.

Comment

• Again, this is why we are fighting and this is an example of what we have to keep the terrorists from obtaining, by letting them amass weapons Halabja - Never forget Halabja 88
              We need a president that understands the threat and takes appropriate action, which is not holding tea parties.The only talking that evil engages in, is terms of surrender of those they wish to dominate, and rule over.

Remember the old but true saying, First they came for the Jews, but I did not speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
              Then they came for the Communists, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Communist.
              Then they came for Trade Unionists, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Trade Unionist.
              Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

History always repeats itself if we don't learn from it, and it's a hell of a lot more serious than Bush not being an eloquent speaker.

When we sit by as a nation, and let monsters do this to people and then another group of people, and then another, and we fail to act to save them, and stop the evil, then in the end when it comes here, who will be left to help us?

We as a people talk of knowing terrorism since 1491, but for many NDN's today, those NDN's are fine with letting Genocide happen to others, as it's not happening to us in this country. How can that be? We know the outcome of such a thing. How can that be? Why have hearts been hardened like that? Because it's coming here and will eventually reach what's precious to us. It already took 3,000 precious souls in this country. We aren't untouchable or can't be reached. It's not hysteria or hype, it already happened.

Comment

• So Obama says the real war is in Pakistan, well look at the baby in this link and what they did to kill 170 people using the baby. They strapped a bomb on a 1 yr. old baby! TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World

Can't wait to hear how he can talk to people who do such things. Really think they just need a good talkin to?

Comment

• Praise Creator that free speech is still free.
                  Poetry is life in print.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homalosa View Post
                    Midway through falling on the floor laughing out loud I realized the above are words not from a cartoon character but a sitting president!!!!!!

So I had to rationalize my laughter and fell upon my usual mantra:
                    "If you don't laugh, you'll cry and die depressed."
                    oh theres plenty more if you need a laugh....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakopataki View Post
                      Homalosa, Clinton didn't fight anywhere, he was a draft dodger. Bush served his country. To discount his service would be the same as saying that all others that served in the same capacity as Bush, didn't really serve their country either. That is also like saying that members of the military that supply support positions, outside of battle, really don't serve either. Bush's father was a war hero. Not everyone goes into battle, but we had a president that sent men and women into harms way, but wouldn't do it himself. That's a coward and less than a man who would send someone else to their possible death, but wouldn't serve the country he is sending from!
                      Internets? Remember how Al Gore invented the internet? How dumb was that?
                      There's alot of tit for tat when it comes to stupid things that politicians say, but it's what they do in office that counts and that is the meat of what matters.
                      Bush served? you seem to forget the scandal involving dub's national guard service...and bill clinton had a student deferment,hardly draft dodging...take a look at the sons and daughters of bush's cabinet and see how many of them are serving....and yes dubs proved himself a coward on 911...where was he? our"fearless"leader...pfttttt...personally,i think(as do many others) that LYING for a reason to invade another country and sending 3000+ US citizens to their death is beyond criminal....when you fill your gas tank,i hope you remember each and every person who has been killed so that the oil companies can post grossly obscene profits....Bush and his admin have violated the US Constitution numerous times...thats treason..they have lied under oath in court and to the US Congress....these are not speculations but fact....do some simple research and find the links between the bush family and their vested intrests in the middle east...ask yourself why do arab countries donate money to daddy bush's library and other organizations that the bushs are involved with? You post about money going out of this country? LOL yes it does and dubs is number one at that...where have all the US jobs gone? when i call my banks toll free number i get some one in INDIA...when i call my computer companies number i get INDIA...why did bill gates invest many millions of dollars in INDIA and not the US? because of the deals dubya has cut with the Indian govt...

one very simple question that i asked before...what has this administration done to help Indian people?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakopataki View Post
                        Skillet that wasn't for you it was for Nishnawbe10 and by the way I am not here, representing any party, but I will state facts and point out the lies of the Democrats. They are not above being busted when they lie, and for the life of me why are they soooooo holy that it's a sin to call them on their mess? The Clintons record and Obama's, Please! Do I think Bush floats above the ground, NO! But what he has done right, he should get props for. When either party does good things, then they should be recognized as such!
                        You all, can't have it both ways, when the truth is presented it's the truth and they can't hide from what they have done and said, and that applies to both parties!
                        Your an NDN, well so am I!
                        No, I don't want more of the same, or more of the same from the prior administration either! Finally someone else is saying that it's important to make an informed decision when voting!
                        So why be so afraid to hear the truth or facts that you may not know about because it's outside the Democrat spin? I would love to point out the truth about Clinton's record and will continue to talk about his ridicules wife, him and Obama. No problem! Where Bush has been a disappointment, I will can talk about that too! That is what makes us different. I can give credit where credit is due! So we'll see where the truth takes us.
                        Oh, and skillet I have asked questions ALL ALONG and NOTHING! I have read your rhetoric and could probably write it for you. I don't write your favorite way or think just like you, but then again, I'm not suppose to. It would be nice to actually talk about the issues as I have been trying to. I would like to actually talk about how the videos above aren't rhetoric but actual words being spoken, proving a point that it didn't originate with Bush, it originated with the Democrats. What about that?
                        I used my own words as you wanted and asked anyone to explain to me how higher taxes are good for us, how bigger government is good for us, how more governmental control has ever been good for us, how Obama wants to send more money out of the country, how at least 3 of his programs call for countless tax increases, How more that ten million families will have to pay up to 5,000 more a year on taxes, for just one program, much less the foreign aide, the Universal Health care, etc.
                        When the Democrats roll back the tax cuts under this administration, that will be yet another tax increase! Because we will all be paying those taxes AGAIN! Anyone getting the picture yet? They want to take your money, to give it to support someone else, or do you think that you could spend YOUR MONEY BETTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT? I think I am a much better steward with MY MONEY, than the government is! I don't want them having more of it, why do you? JFK a democratic president did what Bush did to grow the economy and it worked both times, BY CUTTING OUR TAXES, yet the Dems. want to repeal the tax cuts, taking more, out of our pay checks and, your all fine with that!
                        So you mention how high rent is, food is, clothes, cost of living etc. yet you will vote for or at least support people that promise to take more of your money! Yeah, that make great sense! WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THEY WANT MORE OF MY MONEY, PLEASE! Oh, and by the way when Clinton left office we were in an economic downturn! Bush inherited that down turn and also in a short 8 months into his presidency he had 911 to deal with, and the twin towers were chosen to DISRUPT THE ECONOMY AND IT DID, IN A BIG WAY! The towers were key financial institutions, and our airline industry was in deep trouble as Americans were scared to fly! That is why there have been continual terrorist threats against Wall Street and why NYC remains such a target! The list is a long tedious list, of what this administration faced, that Clinton's didn't! I plan on voting for the candidate who best qualified, but I WILL NEVER VOTE OUT OF TRADITION, BECAUSE I OWE A PARTY MY VOTE! THE CANDIDATE HAS TO EARN IT, AND THAT IS FREEDOM!
                        why not post the lies of the republicans too?...and thats total BS that clinton is the cause of our economic downturn...when bush came into office he inherited the largest surplus in US history...where is it NOW? and isnt it funny how we werent attacked until bush came into office? Ben Ladin has stated very clearly that the reason the US was attacked was because of the actions of daddy bush in the first gulf war and the stationing of US troops in saudi arabia....and please lets not forget who in fact put ben ladin into power in the first place...it was the raygun/ daddybush admin!!!!!!
                        you post about taxes being raised...bought gas lately? or milk? where was the tax breaks for the average american that bush promised endlessly? no one i know saw one and we're all poor people...it was the CORPORATIONS who got the breaks not the american people....why was the funding for senior citizens housing assistence cut again last year by 52% but corporate farms got another huge tax break?
                        what i post is not the same copy and paste political sound byte rhetoric thats being posted here...they are simple truths and facts....yes we are all aware of the evils of terrorism and the muslim threat...we've heard the bush admin try to beat it into the ground endlessly...in his own words:
                        "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."— George W.Bush May 24, 2005
                        sigpic

Comment

• Obama

Why I Support Barack

Nila Northsun Shanley
                          As a native American woman living on the Fallon Paiute Shoshone reservation, I know tribal people have a long history of distrust when it comes to the U.S. governments, it’s agencies, and it’s representatives. But there is something different about Obama. I feel such a positive energy in his articulate, respectful advocacy of multicultural issues, that in turn, has re-energized my hope that Obama will honor treaty obligations to America’s First People. His recognition of tribal sovereignty and self-determination will help our people to chart the best possible course for our future. As an advocate for social justice, addressing health care and education, Barak Obama can make a difference for our people, for all people.

Fred Urbina
                          Pasqu Yaqui Tribe, Tucson, AZ
                          As an Arizona Native American Veteran and former police officer I am proud to support Senator Barack Obama as the next President of the United States. Senator Obama offers my heart hope! I hope for great possibilities, hope for unity, and hope for a sensible end to the Iraq war

I am inspired by his message. To me he represents a new beginning, the dawn of a political and social evolution – where equality, economic security, justice, optimism, and American pride are no longer delusions and soundbites, but tangible realities for all people. Senator Obama exudes strength without fear, trust without suspicion, ideas without limitations, and optimism without the specter of darkness.

Senator Obama's willingness to support, listen, and confer with tribal leaders on issues involving First Americans is refreshing and a surprising change from the status quo. Obama offers and speaks of common sense solutions to crime prevention and reversing the trend of high minority incarceration rates by identifying and attacking the source issues. Implementation of his policies would have a direct impact on Native American populations on and off reservations.

...and so I wait and I anticipate, and I enthusiastically join the loyal ranks of Senator Obama’s supporters! I pray for his spirit and his heart as he journeys forth. America has patiently waited nearly 40 years for this kind of leadership!

As Robert F. Kennedy once said, "…What we need in the United States is not division; What we need in the United States is not hatred; What we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness, but is love and wisdom and compassion toward one another, and a feeling of justice towards those who still suffer within our country."

Gabriel Moses
                          Nez Perce
                          I support Barack Obama because he is the candidate that understands that great power demands responsibility and accountability. Barack personifies the qualities that make America the Greatest Country on Earth: Hope, Intelligence, Responsibility and Ethics.

Barack Obama has demonstrated that he will work to improve all of America and not just those social, political, or business elite that use buy influence to shift America's landscape to their personal benefit. I am supporting Barack Obama because I believe that he understands that this elitist shift is detrimental to America because it creates an America of haves, and have nots. This creates an America that does not guarantee the free pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, based on the content of character or of hard work, but of access to privilege and representation based on money for power. This climate needs to change if we are going to become the America the world remembers, respects, and needs.

I urge you to support Barack Obama as well.

Lucas Mills
                          Law Student
                          America is a chorus of many different voices. For America to be its best, its leadership must commit not only to the opinions that already enjoy representation but also to the active search for other views. Throughout his life and career, Senator Obama has shown a deep value for often overlooked voices and has displayed a strong commitment to bring them to the fore. His demonstrated skill in forging understanding from different perspectives yields a greater overall value to each of the many parts that compose this nation. In Senator Obama, I see a more representative picture of the American ideal.

Beverly Russell
                          San Carlos Apache Tribal member
                          Donald Lott Jr
                          Assiniboine Tribal member of Fort Belknap, Montana
                          We have devoted our careers to preserving, and strengthening the voice of American Indians and Alaska Natives in this country. As young American Indian leaders it is our responsibility to support candidates that will recognize and embrace the political status of Indian Tribes. We believe that Senator Obama’s experience as a community organizer, coupled with his message of Change will benefit America’s first citizens. It is also our belief that Senator Obama’s conviction and respect for government accountability will reaffirm the United State’s commitment to Indian Tribes.

Furthermore, Senator Obama’s message has inspired us to begin a grass roots effort to educate our tribal community about the importance of civic engagement. In the spirit of unity, community and opportunity, we support Senator Barack Obama.

BarackObama.com | Why I Support Barack

Comment

• neenaawabomon

Bush Administration Documents on Secrecy Policy

here is the link Bush Administration Documents on Secrecy Policy

Comment

• as for

as for Hilliary Clinton being on the same page with Obama on views and issues, NO.
                              Hilliary Clinton is a double talker and has changes her view on numerous times, she could never talk straight to the American people. She is out for big corporate gain, so was Bush. That the truth.

We need to get big corporations out of the White house and let the real American voice be heard and that is what Barack Obama represents. Our politicians are being bought, as we can see ever day. Maybe or that our vote would not matter, as big corporations run this country.

Comment

• well

Wakopataki you call me a a Obama-bot is wrong, my name is Joseph Sutherland and I am not a a Obama Bot. I am a Native American, I true to my values and culture, i want the best for native American people in this great Turtle Island. As a young man i listen always to my elders and name calling is not one of them. That is wrong. And for people in power and want to fight this holy war, let them fight. As it will go no where and only bring pain to the people of this world. I am not here to hide on the INTERNET, nor do i. War is not an answer to solving problems, we had a chance to sit and talk, did they no.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.