Barack Obama to help Native Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CandaePrincess View Post
    I agree with you on that one girl. I should have been more specific. I don't know how anyone else feels but my biggest worry is someone trying to do harm to Barack.
    i agree with u both...if by some miracle they r elected... there is no way sad to say...that "white" america would let a black man run this country...
    Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

What?

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob View Post
      We may be ready for a minority or a woman, but is the rest of the world ready for us to have a minority or woman president?

Will it benefit us or our enemies?
      What are you trying to say here? Please be specific about who you think are "our enemies" are and what benefits you think they might enjoy in a hypothetical situation of America being led by a minority or female or minority female. The rest of the world is a big place and many other countries have shown they are more ready that the US by electing female and minority leaders.

Comment

OUR ENEMIES doesnt necesarily mean any certain group that I can think of, it means "whoever is an enemy now or in the future, known or not known".

Maybe some countries can benefit from us having a woman or minority becuase they may not be an oil tycoon or businessman like most of the past presidents.

Eventually they will turn into one though, no doubt.

Power goes to the head no mattter who you think you are.
        There are 2 types of people in the world...
        Really stupid people who think they are smart
        and
        Really smart people who think they are smart.

Comment

my personal opinion is that if clinton wins the nomination,obama will be her running mate for VP and if obama gets the nomination clinton will be the VP candidate
          i think people should remember tho,that the public vote doesNOT count in the presidential elections...the farce of an election in 2000 was a very clear reminder of that....
          sigpic

Comment

..double post...
            sigpic

Comment

the system

Originally posted by billyjoejimbob View Post
              OUR ENEMIES doesnt necesarily mean any certain group that I can think of, it means "whoever is an enemy now or in the future, known or not known".

Maybe some countries can benefit from us having a woman or minority becuase they may not be an oil tycoon or businessman like most of the past presidents.

Eventually they will turn into one though, no doubt.

Power goes to the head no mattter who you think you are.
              I do agree with you that the system is set up to turn even the most well meaning and honest leader into something quite different. Leaders end up having to sell their souls to get the job done, telling themselves that the ends justify the means.
              The republicans will loose this time around and the democrats will clean up their mess - again. I think that Clinton was a brilliant President, especially when it came to finances, and Hillary had a lot to do with his successes.
              I am not sure the democrats are brave enough to to put Hillary and Obama on the same ticket. It will be interesting to see what they do...

Comment

need for a change

The people are ready for a minority leader, so many people are in need of a change. Barack has many supporters. I have a network of people and I ask them. Mostly whites and yes they state - yes we are ready for a minority leader. Network range from 200 to 350. I have been working hard. People are uplifted by him and when he speaks, it comes from the heart. He has done so much for change. He wants to change how thing are done in Washington. Big corporates need to get out of Washington. Big corporates pretty much run the country today. if people can go out and vote and we can win by a big number, they is no denying that.

Just go to Youtube.com and search Barack Obama and watch him speak. you will understand afterward.

Would you vote for person that takes money from Lobbyist and be bought out and side with big corporations for their agendas? Senator Hillary Clinton was bought out, she sides with big corporate company. Barack say no to Big corporate lobbyist.

Vote Barack Obama, I am ready. who in?

Comment

see and read

Barack Obama is committed to honoring the federal government's obligations to the First Americans and strengthening the federal government's unique relationship with tribal nations. Recognizing the inherent sovereignty of tribes is not enough; we must also help build tribal nations through adequate funding of programs. Senator Obama is proud to be an original co-sponsor of the Indian Health Care Improvement Act of 2007. This long-overdue legislation will modernize Indian health care services and delivery, make it easier for Tribes and the IHS to attract quality health care professionals, and provide tribal health programs with more flexibility to ensure that funds are used to meet the specific needs of their communities.

The Senator's experience as a community organizer in some of Chicago's poorest neighborhoods taught him that there is no simple way to heal ills that often have complex causes. His comprehensive approach invests in physical, human and institutional infrastructure; increases access to capital and removes barriers to development; promotes education from the pre-school to the university level, including Native language immersion and preservation programs; and above all, develops authentic government-to-government relationships between the federal government and Indian tribes.

Comment

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNCLomrqIN8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MNCLomrqIN8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

watch and listen

Click to play

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56-m8wx1mwo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56-m8wx1mwo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

Get to know Barack Obama

click to play.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGGIHqIoP2k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGGIHqIoP2k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by OgamaWab10 View Post
                          Barack Obama is committed to honoring the federal government's obligations to the First Americans and strengthening the federal government's unique relationship with tribal nations. Recognizing the inherent sovereignty of tribes is not enough; we must also help build tribal nations through adequate funding of programs.
                          is he going to honor all the treaties and return lands taken that are treay lands? will he instruct DOI to settle Cobell and pay up??
                          i looked at the official website and theres a "first americans group" but wasnt anything there yet..
                          i am curious about the term "first americans" this is an open question too...is this the new political correct term for us now? i wish some one just once would ask US what we want to be called lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skillet View Post
                            is he going to honor all the treaties and return lands taken that are treay lands? will he instruct DOI to settle Cobell and pay up??
                            i looked at the official website and theres a "first americans group" but wasnt anything there yet..
                            i am curious about the term "first americans" this is an open question too...is this the new political correct term for us now? i wish some one just once would ask US what we want to be called lol

watch this video...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VegABSFhATU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VegABSFhATU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by Skillet View Post

remember big corporates run this country. I dont think they would honor our treaties or give back our land. But he can help towards that. Look at the bigger picture...

Comment

Obama in Indian Country

By now many of you have had a chance to peruse First Americans for Obama and have an idea of where Barack stands regarding American Indian issues. Many will agree that his policy initiatives are among the most well developed of any of the presidential candidates. But this website does not represent all that Barack has been doing to reach out to Indian country.

In North Carolina Barack met with members of the Eastern Band Cherokee, who proclaimed his commitment to upholding tribal sovereignty. During a recent conference call with over 100 tribal leaders Barack introduced some of his key policy initiatives. In response to one question about making American Indian issues a priority, Barack stated: “I think the starting point is to understand our history …. You represent the first governments on this soil, we have to be mindful of that history; we have to be respectful of that history.” He also said, “I know that tribal peoples have heard many politicians who pledge their support to sovereignty and promise to include them …. and vow to fund federal programs…… but they don’t act…. Look at my track record and the kind of issues I’ve championed…. I think we share a set of values that are critically important.”

This is just a small sampling of why I believe Barack is the best candidate, and I look forward to discussing specific policy initiatives and themes in future posts.

Barack is continuing to reach out to American Indians throughout the country. He has said that he hopes to meet as many tribal leaders as possible in the hopes of beginning a lasting working relationship. In the meantime, spread the word about Barack’s message to Indian country.

BarackObama.com | Wizipan Garriott's Blog: Obama in Indian Country

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.