No announcement yet.

Guts and Grease: The Diet of Native Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger says: good one spotted eagle, what does Christians new agers & yoga have any thing to do with the topic of this thread?
    LOL I was wondering what that whole last post had to do with it....

Joe G says:You know, silence is golden, I have always wondered about something. What are the effects of 1,000 hits of Lysergic Acid Diathylemide on the human mind. Thanks for clearing that up!
    I could answer that one for you... I just read in this New Age Magazine this great article on what Hallucinagens do to the brain... LOL well it was'nt in an New Age Magazine, I actually picked up a pamphlet on it in the mental health clinic at the native hospital.. but if you REALLY want to know.......

silence is golden says: #66 (permalink)
    silence is golden
    Pow Wow Visitor

call me whatever you want...ive heard it all. but please ndont mention me and new agers in the same sentence.
    I call em like I see em.. and you hon are'nt any different than any nuager I've ever encountered. The state of denial is'nt a hare krishna thing is it?
    Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

BB "could answer that one for you... I just read in this New Age Magazine this great article on what Hallucinagens do to the brain... LOL well it was'nt in an New Age Magazine, I actually picked up a pamphlet on it in the mental health clinic at the native hospital.. but if you REALLY want to know......."

Well, so much for my attempt at a satirical statement! But her post above clearly shows the effects!! thanks anyways BB!

Comment

Originally posted by silence is golden View Post
        they are mystically importing some sweet whole wheat flour from india

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
          You know, silence is golden, I have always wondered about something. What are the effects of 1,000 hits of Lysergic Acid Diathylemide on the human mind. Thanks for clearing that up!
          LOL
          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
          Till I Die!

Comment

"Mystically importing?"

Comment

delete
              Last edited by Joe G; 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM. Reason: double post computer errors

Comment

"they are mystically importing some sweet whole wheat flour from india"

Good one Patrick! I missed this gem of wisdom! Zen and the art of supply management? It REALLY 'leans out' the supply and transportation!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                  Getting back to the diet issues - my feeling has been that if the Creator didn't want us eating animals He wouldn't have made them out of meat, LOL!
                  and tastey meat at that!
                  I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Plumes View Post
                    and tastey meat at that!
                    I love animals....they're delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    The things you are doing today are the traditions of twenty-five years from now.
                    -Daryl Baldwin: Miami

https://www.facebook.com/SpottedeagleFans

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
                      "they are mystically importing some sweet whole wheat flour from india"

Good one Patrick! I missed this gem of wisdom! Zen and the art of supply management? It REALLY 'leans out' the supply and transportation!!
                      Which is all part of the Just in Time inventory system
                      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                      Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
                        Which is all part of the Just in Time inventory system

Ummmm...is that on a LIFO or FIFO system?

Comment

the state of denial is a hare krishna thing...as well as native american. it is called austerity.we perform austerities .we try to control our mind body and words for the greater good of the people.i realize this is like a computer powwow and in happy to have the association of so many great souls.if i was your teacher, then im done. schools out for summer...schools out for ever...schools been blown to pieces...though i want to tell you that ive never done acid or any drugs my whole life.and ive only drank liquor maybe three times in my life.ive never hallucinated..ive just been a victim of love...native american style...and so ive been forced to get myself educated to survive.

Comment

This guts & grease diet is a lot like the paleo diet
                            it's how our ancestors ate. mmm meat is good for you
                            don't you be wastin' all your money
                            on syrup and honey because i'm sweet enough

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Comment

Originally posted by silence is golden View Post
                              the state of denial is a hare krishna thing...as well as native american. it is called austerity.we perform austerities .we try to control our mind body and words for the greater good of the people.i realize this is like a computer powwow and in happy to have the association of so many great souls.if i was your teacher, then im done. schools out for summer...schools out for ever...schools been blown to pieces...though i want to tell you that ive never done acid or any drugs my whole life.and ive only drank liquor maybe three times in my life.ive never hallucinated..ive just been a victim of love...native american style...and so ive been forced to get myself educated to survive.
                              Nice quote from the Coop! but here's one for you from Lennon McCartney as apropos to your post "Yeah yeah yeah"

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                                This guts & grease diet is a lot like the paleo diet
                                it's how our ancestors ate. mmm meat is good for you
                                Too True
                                We are Omnivores (from Latin: omne all, everything; vorare to devour)
                                And come to think of it I have never met an NDN Vegetarian...
                                ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                                Till I Die!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.