Hey Pillllllgrim, Thanks Giving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Pillllllgrim, Thanks Giving?

So, just wanted to make a catchy thread title. Many people are probably at home today playing on the darned computer. So here's my question? Does this holiday leave a nasty or vile taste in your mouth? Or... does this holiday inspire your family to dress up in pilgrim costumes, go over to the neighbors house and participate in an annual play with the rest of the block?

Up North.....

Its just another Thursday.....

Although down south why not....

Visit relatives and friends....

Enjoy the time off from work.....

Enjoy making time and a half or double time if you are working.....

Chow down....

Chow down some more.....

Powwow....?

Just lay around and watch TV.....

Slap a Pilgrim......
    "She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."

Comment

I'm for the slapping of a pilgrim, but wish I were closer to home(Oregon) and at a powwow:)

Comment

I used to get up at dawn; make the stuffing, cook the huge bird, and all that goes with that for my 7 kids and hubby. This year, I moved back to the rez, and had dinner with my sister. My oldest daughter has her 2 sisters and her family at her house. My oldest son and his family has his brother with him and I have one son deployed to the gulf and one son staying at his college town. I watched the Macy's parade while I fixed dinner and dessert. It's now quiet and peaceful. Can't wait to see what my first Christmas here will be like with the snow and all. At least I won't be up until dawn, wrapping presents or trying to put toys together that are missing parts and/or batteries! Ah, the memories.... Hope you had a good day. Walker Clan Mother Klamath county, OR

Comment

Sounds like a good day anyhow. I don't like turkey, but I cooked one for the hubby anyhow. My teenage daughter made a delicious sweet potato dish, the best I've ever tasted. I'm not big on the holiday, but I'am big on my family, prayer and of course the home cooked food. I attended grade-middle-high school with a Teena Walker, related?

Comment

This holiday has always been a gathering holiday for my family
            We gather together and cook a good meal and just hang out

This year after the turkey was laid to rest
            LOL
            We drove to the Theater down the street and watched 4 Christmases and laughed out Loud!!!

Its a 4 day weekend and time to rest and get ready for the rest of the year

Its a time to gather those that dont live near to reaffirm that they too are part of the family. Afterall Family is the most important thing who else accepts you just the way you are...
            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
            Till I Die!

Comment

slap a pilrim

I am all for slappin the pilgrim, then eatin some good food!!
              Cold and wet here in Oregon

Comment

Down South

I got up early to meet the sun, do some yoga, smoke a bowl, have some coffee before the banshees woke up. I don't celebrate the holiday, I thinks it must be some sort of blasphemy to the ancestors(even though some are celtic). But the hubby's family is big on gathering, cooking, laughing and drinking on Thanksgiving, so I say what the hell. I'll cook a little treat and run over to the sis in law's eat till I pop, sneak out for a beer and a smoke. Nothing wrong with gathering to give thanks for the ones we love, trade insults etc. But ya, I would still slap a pilgrim if I could. This is the first Thanksgiving in ten year that I haven't worked through, so I guess I should be thankful I got to eat some good food instead.

Comment

Thanksgiving is a good excuse to get together with family and friends, and visit while having some good food.

I don't care much for turkey either. So we put a lamb roast on the grill this year.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
                  "Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)

Comment

I get my choice for Christmas; my favorites are either Salmon or Ham from Safeway. My hubby had such terrible gas last night, I just about suffocated and barfed, had to be the turkey.... I told him, he has no shame, he might have a difficult time finding his second wife, and he was getting a ****plug for xmas this year! To which he giggled very quietly.

Comment

We spent half the day cooking and waiting for our descendants of irish immigrants friends to come over and eat with us.. ROFLMAO!!! Can't stand thanksgiving day unless there are a ton of kids running around and playing games.... I grew up in two big families on either side so even though my kids have no real first cousins at the moment, the extended family cousins were here.

But here it's about the bird... all of us love turkey and my hubby takes the time to special brine it and season it for baking so that 4 days later that breast meat is still juicy and falling apart at the touch! I'm a good cook but DANG that man of mine can put me to shame! Pumkin, apple and chocolate cream pie.... stuffing from scratch, sweet potatoes with pecans and marshmallows, artichoke dip, fresh rolls, REAL green bean cassarole made with cream and fresh mushrooms and home made shallot onion crunchies..... I made the mashed potatoes and I'm proud of my contribution ROFLMAO!!! Our friends brought the ratatouille cause she makes a really good one!
                      Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

We had lamb too...

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                        Thanksgiving is a good excuse to get together with family and friends, and visit while having some good food.

I don't care much for turkey either. So we put a lamb roast on the grill this year.

We had a leg of lamb from the herd on the family farm. My mother adopted one of the lambs with a deformed hoof. His name is George because he is curious. You can't eat them once you've named them. Anyway, George played in the yard with the kids like a puppy. He doesn't know he is a lamb or that we ate his cousin for Thanksgiving.

Comment

My family called it "Happy thanks to the indians I survived day"!!!

The only thing I like about it is I get work off for 4 days and get to cook and spend time with friends and family...so I guess that is always a good thing

Comment

George should be grateful

Originally posted by yellowthunders mama View Post
                            We had a leg of lamb from the herd on the family farm. My mother adopted one of the lambs with a deformed hoof. His name is George because he is curious. You can't eat them once you've named them. Anyway, George played in the yard with the kids like a puppy. He doesn't know he is a lamb or that we ate his cousin for Thanksgiving.
                            Well at least the lamb can give thanks too, it was his cousin and not him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheropache Gypsy View Post
                              Well at least the lamb can give thanks too, it was his cousin and not him.
                              It is kind of ironic that the one thing that would have noramlly meant and early death - a deformed hoof - is what saved him and his cousin who was perfectly normal got eaten.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X