Barack Obama Ignauguration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama Ignauguration

As Barack is sworn in today, what are your thoughts?

Are you watching it?

What does it mean to you?

Post your comments, thoughts, hopes and concerns here.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

I'm hoping our country can return to one of respect in the world rather than one that is either feared or hated or both. Obama seems that he will at least try...I think, at this point, that's what most Americans want...just someone who will really try.

I think the racial aspect of this inauguration and presidency is interesting, but not as much as the atmosphere that change is truly being sought by most Americans.
    I think everyone on this rez is addicted to Harry Potter...lol...

Comment

i though as the Crow tribe passed in from of the viewing stand what would have the world through if thay had worn suits and carried thier brif cases , or work clothes riding in there nice cars .
      Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..It's about learning to dance in the rain. for me and the wolf

Comment

[A friend of mine just asked me what my thoughts on the Inauguration were yesterday and I had told her that I was choked up and blubbering like everyone else. I liked when his daughter gave him a thumbs up!! too cute. Like she was saying, "good job dad." I waited alllllll day to watch the parade and all I saw on the station I watched was the obamas and all the cops surrounding them. I was disappointed because thats all that station showed LOL.....I turned the channel and there was the rest of the parade. I was disappointed with the first channel because I wanted to see if the Crow Nation really DID go...turns out there were othertribes represented as well. BUT THEN I was back to being disappointed....because my own tribe was not represented. Nobody from here went -----

Comment

I didn't watch it, but my thoughts were, "Sarah Palin in 2012!"

I'll watch her inauguration.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Wojapi4Me View Post
            I'm hoping our country can return to one of respect in the world rather than one that is either feared or hated or both. Obama seems that he will at least try...I think, at this point, that's what most Americans want...just someone who will really try.

I think the racial aspect of this inauguration and presidency is interesting, but not as much as the atmosphere that change is truly being sought by most Americans.
            I think you are right. The really interesting part is that change is being sought by most Americans. It was an exciting day. My husband is in security and worked right alongside the Secret Service. He was right there at the capital and saw everyone in person!

Nativegoddess, I saw the Crow people. They were at the begining of the parade. Sorry you missed them.

2line, that would give the world something to think about if the Crow wore their business clothes but they did look good in their regalia.

Comment

I saw dem crows on dem nice horses. They looked awesome in their regalia!!

Originally posted by yellowthunders mama View Post
              I think you are right. The really interesting part is that change is being sought by most Americans. It was an exciting day. My husband is in security and worked right alongside the Secret Service. He was right there at the capital and saw everyone in person!

Nativegoddess, I saw the Crow people. They were at the begining of the parade. Sorry you missed them.

2line, that would give the world something to think about if the Crow wore their business clothes but they did look good in their regalia.

Comment

I am glad to be rid of Bush and the Bushistas. Bush was an
                incompetant fool surrounded by a bunch of crooks (e.g.
                "conflict of interest Cheney"); he lied to congress to get us
                into a war with Iraq because of a personal vendetta against
                Saddam Hussein (not a nice guy, but not an immediate threat
                to the U.S. either) when the real enemy, Osama bin Laden
                was (and still is) at large in Afganistan; he bungled the
                relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina; he trashed much of the
                constitution (imprisonment without trial or charges, torture,
                illegal wiretaps), and his economic policies of deregulation
                brought on the current economic crisis. He tolerated massive
                conflict of interest by some members of his administration,
                e.g. Dick Cheney awarding contracts to his own company,
                Haliburton, instead of taking bids as required by law.
                Obama is going to have one hell of a job cleaning up the mess
                that Bush and his cronies made.
                alamosaurus

Comment

You Said it!

Originally posted by alamosaurus View Post
                  I am glad to be rid of Bush and the Bushistas. Bush was an
                  incompetant fool surrounded by a bunch of crooks (e.g.
                  "conflict of interest Cheney"); he lied to congress to get us
                  into a war with Iraq because of a personal vendetta against
                  Saddam Hussein (not a nice guy, but not an immediate threat
                  to the U.S. either) when the real enemy, Osama bin Laden
                  was (and still is) at large in Afganistan; he bungled the
                  relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina; he trashed much of the
                  constitution (imprisonment without trial or charges, torture,
                  illegal wiretaps), and his economic policies of deregulation
                  brought on the current economic crisis. He tolerated massive
                  conflict of interest by some members of his administration,
                  e.g. Dick Cheney awarding contracts to his own company,
                  Haliburton, instead of taking bids as required by law.
                  Obama is going to have one hell of a job cleaning up the mess
                  that Bush and his cronies made.
                  You summed it up quite nicely here! You really did!

Comment

I was down in front of the capital for the swearing in... it was amazing. the crowds were huge.. i had tickets. the feeling was totally amazing in the crowds. ive been in the dc area all of my life and the past id say this past week, has been the best everyone has ever been. Speaking, smiling sharing stories with strangers on the streets. what amazed me was that during the swearing in ceremony when the former presidents came in, the cheered for eveyone but bush. bush was booed. loudly. and my mom said when she watched it the tv station had muted it.
                    Oh yeah, I used to know Quentin...He's a real...He's a real Jerky

~Flat Beat~

Comment

I watched the CNN News program on the Obama Ignauguration, January 20th. It was very interesting and I applaud Obama for becoming the 44th President of USA. I did see the Indians in the parade, but it is very short because the camera is busy watching the President and his first family. I have close captioned on my TV so that I can understand what the news said. I did not know that the crowds was booing at the former President Bush. Not nice and not respectful but I am glad that Bush is out of the picture because he does make a mess in everything in his work. It will be a big job to clean up Bush's messes. Nice to have someone different for a change than all the white people. Everybody would think we will always have white Presidents for years and years. No way. I hope we can put a Native for the President candidate too. I hope it will be possible in the future. We will just have to wait and see.

Comment

My kids and I stayed home all day and watched with some friends and their kids. we cried, especially when my friends daughter said "now I can be a president too" (we didn't bother pointing out that up here its a prime minister, that wasn't important at the time). The kids thought some was great but were bored at other parts. They were excited to see all the NDN's in the parade. My son asked me if it ment that the government would be friends with us (NDN"s) now. I told him we all hoped so, but we'd have to wait and see.

Comment

The tribe sent me down to an Indian Housing conference in Oklahoma City for 3 days. On Tuesday morning, we all showed up & conducted business as usual. But everyone wanted to watch the inauguration, and weren't thinking about business. So they dismissed the morning meeting early, and most of us went back to our rooms to snuggle up in bed & watch tv. We all came back in at 1:30 pm for the afternoon session. Spirits were so high! Many of us older ones there could remember signs around Oklahoma when we were kids that said "No Indians Allowed". I remembered one at a diner in Tulsa in the early 60's, and asked my folks "does that include us? Are we enough Indian to count?" Well, they wouldn't have served us if some other family members were with us, so we got up & left.

I sooo hope this event puts a whole heck of a lot of nails in the coffin of racism in this country. I'm a firm believer that the same Creator made us all, and that we are all equal in His eyes. I get sooo angry when one group puts down another one based on race. We all have good & bad among us.
                          Janet Littlecrow
                          Littlecrow Trading Post, LLC
                          www.littlecrowtradingpost.com

Comment

Originally posted by neling4 View Post
                            I didn't watch it, but my thoughts were, "Sarah Palin in 2012!"

I'll watch her inauguration.

Sarah Palin violated native american rights. Remember now that the USA signed treaties with the Natives Americans in the area. Perhaps no issue is of greater importance to Alaska Native peoples as the right to hunt and fish according to ancient customary and traditional practices, and to carry on the subsistence way of life for future generations.

Governor Sarah Palin has consistently opposed those rights.

You want to vote for someone that will violated native rights. Interesting.

Comment

Geez I was just thinking the same and then.....

Originally posted by OgamaWab10 View Post
                              Sarah Palin violated native american rights. Remember now that the USA signed treaties with the Natives Americans in the area. Perhaps no issue is of greater importance to Alaska Native peoples as the right to hunt and fish according to ancient customary and traditional practices, and to carry on the subsistence way of life for future generations.

Governor Sarah Palin has consistently opposed those rights.
                              You want to vote for someone that will violated native rights. Interesting.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                              Geez ! I was thinking the same thing why would any native feel any compassion for this woman?<o:p></o:p>
                              I got to the bottom of the thread and read your comment hmmm ?#@*&? so yes me too but<o:p></o:p>
                              I am also confused about her but more so her mother in law and husband who are native. That’s what I cannot figure out. Something seems kind of fishy. I am glad they are getting a control on things up that way on the inherent rights issues. As for, Mrs. Palin. I hope she stays out of politics for good. She made a fool of herself my goodness, or she fell right into something she would have better off not getting involved with, this last election really put the icing on the cake. I wonder how much she was paid I mean in a sense she was hired by that Cain dude. Maybe it was enough that now she dont have to work anymore. makes ya wonder? I always wonder what happens behind closed doors the wheeling and dealings and just how crooked things are. Even politicians make mistakes, My cousin told me People in Power who are rich almost always flub up.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X