Are Native Americans the new Blacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Native Americans the new Blacks?

Native American Community Examiner: Are Native Americans the new blacks?

Written by someone who claims to be "an Ambassador for the Lakotah, and all Native American People."
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Small article for such a big question. *L* I don't feel it's accurate. I appreciate her feeling as an ambassador to us all...but I'll prefer to be an abassador for myself. Natives have our own gov't so I don't see how we are the new blacks. Kind of ignorant to make a general statement like that.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

Comment

dang JoKay spelled it out perfectly in the comments below! Keen one Jokay!!! :)
      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Typical superior whit crap, assuming responsibility and title like that.

I thought I was going to be thinking about my opinion on the title (when I saw the post) rather then the assumptions of some white writer

...so are we the new blacks?..naw...just the same old ndn's...

Comment

I always felt a special affinity toward Motown
          Now I know why...

Kidding aside
          This woman got a job writing for this website based soley on the fact that she could claim "Lakotah" (Lakota?)
          No other credentials needed
          What does that say about the present mentality of these people

Grrrrrrrr
          Burns my azzz thats what it does.
          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
          Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
            I always felt a special affinity toward Motown
            Now I know why...

Kidding aside
            This woman got a job writing for this website based soley on the fact that she could claim "Lakotah" (Lakota?)
            No other credentials needed
            What does that say about the present mentality of these people

Grrrrrrrr
            Burns my azzz thats what it does.
            Come on...you must be just a little bit happy since she didn't say Cherokee...

Comment

I am thrilled that she's not claiming Cherokee.... lol...
              Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Did you see she's offering her job up to a qualified Native Writer!!! Someone submit their resume!!! HuRRy, before she makes herself QUEEN of Native America! lol

Native American Community Examiner: This "Ignorant White Woman" Speaks
                The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Did you read any of her other articles?? I could challenge a few of her "facts" in one of them.
                  Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear... just sing, sing a song.sigpic

Comment

I was really glad that she didn't claim to be Cherokee or that she comes through one of the old chiefs.LOL

But dang that second article. Okay, she got her hand slapped and is now looking for sympathy. Um, she really doesn't know the Native community.LOL Not the people I know.LMAO Shoot my family--if you get your hand slapped and try crying about it or trying to get pitty--dang they slap ya again.LMAO I know for a fact--I've seen them do it.

Comment

[QUOTE=timmy tiger;1261228]I Okay, she got her hand slapped and is now looking for sympathy. Um, she really doesn't know the Native community.LOL ...QUOTE]

timmy,

Yes, she got her hand slapped. It reminds me ofwhen someone comes on here and says something ignorant like, "I am the ambassador for Indian people" like the author of this article claims.

Now that everyone backed her into a corner, she is calling everyones bluff that there are Indian writers who can do a better job.

By the language of her article, she iis saying, "put up or shut up!"
                      Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
                        Come on...you must be just a little bit happy since she didn't say Cherokee...
                        Probably because there are too many letters in Cherokee that she picked Lakotah
                        LOL
                        ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                        Till I Die!

Comment

Now that everyone backed her into a corner, she is calling everyones bluff that there are Indian writers who can do a better job.

By the language of her article, she iis saying, "put up or shut up!" <!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Whome:

I agree with you there. It sure does sound like that. She might be in for a very big surprise. I know quit a few Native writer's who could and would do a much better job.

I sure hope one of them does come forward and shuts her up.LOL

Comment

What!?

What kind of dumb question is this?
                            2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

At least 99% of Native Americans could spell the tribes' names correctly.....
                              Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.