Sumo

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for Native word spellings...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for Native word spellings...

Greetings,

I am looking for the Native American spellings of the words:

* Sees Spirits

* Spirit

* Sage

* Protector

Can anyone help me with this? I've looked all over the Internet and cannot find these words (Native American language spellings for them) If you could say what tribe the words are from.

Really appreciate who ever can help me with this.
    Thanks!

any just why pray tell do you want the spelling of these words??? And do you realize that not all of us speak the same language??? WE ARE NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL!!!

Here we go again my friends.... does anyone have the
    Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Hi steelemagnolia63

Yes, I know it is not one size fits all. I know the history of our ancestors in North America and the many different tribes. Thanks.

I am Metis, myself - mixed blood but my bloodline is of the Algonquins in Quebec.

I am looking for the native spellings (doesn't matter what native language it is from) for the reason I wish to name a new family member ... our pet. This pet is not just a dog to me... it is a familiar (spiritually) to me which is helping along my red path.

I wish to name him appropriately spirituality and not just give him any name. I wish to use the native spelling ... not the English spelling.

I don't really appreciate your sacrasam ... here we go again / popcorn. << that was not in the light of the Creator. You judged before you had further information.

Comment

Sorry if you are offended.. but we get lots of ummm interesting request here and we are very suspicious of anyone asking these kind of things.....

I do have a question why do you need a familiar??? Just curious as no Native American that I know has a familiar. Spirit guides have names and they will tell you their names if you listen,,,,
        Last edited by steelemagnolia63; 03-16-2009, 04:34 PM. Reason: added a thought

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Originally posted by WolfSpirits View Post
          Greetings,

I am looking for the Native American spellings of the words:

* Sees Spirits

* Spirit

* Sage

* Protector

Can anyone help me with this? I've looked all over the Internet and cannot find these words (Native American language spellings for them) If you could say what tribe the words are from.

Really appreciate who ever can help me with this.
          Thanks!
          The words that you have spelled out are in English
          So it is no wonder you have not found them on the Internet
          Sees Spirits? If you come from a nation that does not have the notion of spirits there would not be a word for it
          Other Nations do not speak of them

Spirit? See above

Sage? as the spice? or as an old person that is wise
          Then Elder would describe this

Protector? You mean Warrior? Or something lese like the Great Spirit
          Which by the way is a Hollywood Made up word

You are asking for words to name your dog?
          How about: Dog
          ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
          Till I Die!

Comment

No Problem...

Hi again,

I do understand your suspicions all to well. I can imagine there has been some interesting posts in the forums. Rest a sure, my questions are from the heart and legitimate =)

I am finding some native spellings for the words I am seeking ... been looking all afternoon. Not easy finding them though. So far, haven't found the right one ... I'll know it when I see it. But do hope others here can help with it too.

You asked:: I do have a question why do you need a familiar??? Just curious as Native American that I know has a familiar.

I have one dog already, his name is TaKoda (friend to everyone is the meaning of his name). When I found the name for him, I knew it was meant to be his name - he lives up to that name 100%.

It is not that I wished for a familiar, but my spirit guides have brought one to me =) I do a lot of spiritual work, the Creator and my guides sent me this new pet knowing it will help me along my spiritual work on my red path =) I want to honor the Creator and my guides by naming him the right name in which he has come to me for.

Comment

That is why I am looking for the native spelling...

Hi Josiah,

I know they are in English, because I am trying to find them in the native language - if I knew them in the native language (whatever tribal speech) I would not be asking the question =)

Sage >> as in the sacred herb sage used for smudging

Protector >> as in protects against negatives

Spirit >> to with the inner spirit or ones that sees spirits

Thanks

No... name just "dog" is not honoring.

Comment

... I'll know it when I see it. But do hope others here can help with it too.

I have one dog already, his name is TaKoda ... he lives up to that name 100%.

Wolf,

How about naming your dog something really traditional like -

"SHUNKA WAHAPI"

Pehaps your dog can live up to this name?
                Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Hi Who Me...

What does SHUNKA WAHAPI mean? What native tribe is the words from?

Comment

What does SHUNKA WAHAPI mean? What native tribe is the words from?
                    One who seeks the ultimate answer to the Universe

Good and noble Whome....
                    Last edited by Josiah; 03-16-2009, 04:54 PM.
                    ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
                    Till I Die!

Comment

Roflmao....

Comment

Thanks...

I was asking a honest question ... meant a lot to me.

Thanks anyway

Comment

You lost us at familiar and I checked your profile and you link, it goes to a "Native Psychic" that loses all creditibility here....http://www.bloomingessence.com/
                          Last edited by steelemagnolia63; 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

??

You obviously didnt read my bio nor my spiritual services I offer others.

This is obviously not an open minded forum. I'll be deleting my account. I'll be sure to let others know if they wish to be judged on what they do for spirit and the Creator to come here.

If this is the way Natives are now a days... judgemental of others like this, then I am proud to be Metis. I am glad I walk a true path ... red path.

May you walk with the Creator.
                            Last edited by WolfSpirits; 03-16-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Do you offer these services for free, or do you do this expecting some kind of payment??? Do you do this in trade for a chicken or some other gift??? Do you even know that what works for one group doesn't work for the others???

You are doing the one of the things that sets off the plastic shaman, wannabe bells around here and trust me the alarm is being heard... We don't like fakes, new age mumbo jumbo and "native psychics", card readers, or new age healers around here.. and I am one of the nice ones about it.....

lol.. all those things that you are offering reeks of new age mumbo jumbo....
                              Last edited by steelemagnolia63; 03-16-2009, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.