help understanding BIA card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help understanding BIA card

My sister and I have been working on expanding on our families NA ancestry. We've always been told that there was more than we could document. My G-father's great grandmother was always said to be of the blood but there was no documentation. Anyways, my sister found in her baby book a blue card (about postcard size) labled to this grandmother (Samantha Stevens) and bearing a BIA seal or address (unsure because I've not yet seen the card). On the back is what my sister says appears to be some kind of docket number. The last name of Stevens is from her second husband. Her maiden name is maple and her first husband (my lineage) was a Jeffers. I've never seen any kind of card that would fit that discription. So if anyone could tell me what this card would be, and if there is a way to trace this "dockett number" I would greatly appreciate it. This may help us to find another peice of our personal family heritage.

Originally posted by keeler View Post
    My sister and I have been working on expanding on our families NA ancestry. We've always been told that there was more than we could document. My G-father's great grandmother was always said to be of the blood but there was no documentation. Anyways, my sister found in her baby book a blue card (about postcard size) labled to this grandmother (Samantha Stevens) and bearing a BIA seal or address (unsure because I've not yet seen the card). On the back is what my sister says appears to be some kind of docket number. The last name of Stevens is from her second husband. Her maiden name is maple and her first husband (my lineage) was a Jeffers. I've never seen any kind of card that would fit that discription. So if anyone could tell me what this card would be, and if there is a way to trace this "dockett number" I would greatly appreciate it. This may help us to find another peice of our personal family heritage.

keeler,

Email the Bureau of Indian Affairs and ask them yourself: [email protected]
    Powwows will continue to evolve in many directions. It is inevitable.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X