Does your tribal card expire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your tribal card expire?

Does your tribal card have an expiration date on it? What is the point? I don't understand the reason behind it, can anyone explain it to me?

Originally posted by LOVEBUG87 View Post
    Does your tribal card have an expiration date on it? What is the point? I don't understand the reason behind it, can anyone explain it to me?
    sorry my tribal ID doesn't have an expiration date on it... but i get one every couple of years so i have one that looks like "me" lol

i have used it 2 travel with on airlines...and they always question me as to why mine DOESNT have an expiration date.... so i just tell them... because i'll never quit being Oglala lakota!

I didnt' think any Tribal Id's have expiration dates... do you have 2 pay a fee 2 get one issued?? (we do 8 bucks) so maybe it's a way 2 generate funds??

You can't double team a Triple Threat

The Black Hills are NOT for sale

ps. i'm still the greatest~n i'm prettylol

Comment

I thought it expired when you expired!!

This kind of reminds of the FBI and the rancher story.

Comment

they expire?

i better check mine, maybe i am not indian any more.

...GoT GreaSe?...

www.Grease.It.Ayye.com
        RezinInc

sigpic

Comment

They say or tell us to renew your tribal card every 4 or 5 years. They claim it's because it's a way for them to update your address or information..... HAHAHA (sic)...I dont know I still have the same ol one from years ago and what's the difference it has my picture on it i have aged some like about 10 years and the ones before that I dont remember ...Maybe I should check into it tho hmmm....maybe....and yeah they charge for them unless your over 55 then its free.

Comment

I have heard that if you dont use it for services or vote then the card goes inactive but not expire
            I update it occasionally when I change addresses and they send me a new one
            We have a picture on ours so thats not a big deal
            ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
            Till I Die!

Comment

mine doesn't expire....I am NDN 4-eva...
              sigpic
              R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

The reason my tribe issues them out, is a few reasons. You are supposed to have it on you during hunting season, fishing season, Fish & Game wardens are out in force on my rez, and sometimes one of those secret squirrel meetings our bumbling tribal council calls for a rez wide meeting once every blue moon...
                sigpic
                R.I.P. my Bros from the 1st MAR DIV, 3rd MAR DIV, 25th I.D., 10th MTN DIV, V Corps, 170th IBCT who gave their lives in the Cold War, Marines we lost in Korea during Team Spirit '89 & Okinawa '89- bodies never recovered, Panama, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Comment

Uhhh... no it does not expire. Can't figure out why it would.
                  I'm innocent I tell ya!!!

Comment

Techniquely if you are enrolled then your enrolled....tribal ID's are for that purpose hunting, fishing, riceing ect. I just never got around to updating my ID... But As far as that goes.... is it mandatory you carry a tribal ID I don't know....First of all on my rez I refuse to carrie a ID that says the WHITE EARTH NATION... that was the Presidents plan she has recieved a letter of scolding from the TEC, telling her that she has broken her constitutional rules so it will be very interesting where this goes... I tried to say something about this issue before on P.W.com but it didn't get much attention..LOL.
                    All I know is that she has conspired to do something that many people are against and they just may remove her for the things she has done ...
                    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Comment

My Mom in laws has a pic on it that looks like it's from before my husband was born...no one ever questions the pic though cause it is obvious by the clothes and glasses and hair how old it is...we tease her though. She always says "what it doesn't expire till I'm dead, then you can all update the picture with one of my headstone"

Comment

That's cute... something my mom would have said too......

Yeah I agree...

Comment

Does your tribal card have an expiration date on it?
                          Only if it becomes more advantageous for your tribal entity to exclude members for $$$ purposes.

Or, if the Federales cease to recognize you: it, then, becomes pretty meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by stillrezin View Post
                            they expire?

i better check mine, maybe i am not indian any more.

Comment

We don't have cards to carry around. But if your want a CDIB (Certificate of Indian Blood) you can get a green paper that says everything.....

AND they don't expire.... Are you a federally or state recognized tribe or did you order your membership card off the web somewhere.... (im kidding)

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.