Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any plumbers out there..

Im looking for a bit of advice Cuz....

Ok this sounds insane but I just messed up my garbage disposal it is not turning... I turn it on and it just fills up with water
    should I reset it or
    try to unjam it
    I tryed to unjam it but that did not work so well
    all I put down it was carrot peelings and tater peelings

Originally posted by LaughingWaterWI View Post
    Im looking for a bit of advice Cuz....

Ok this sounds insane but I just messed up my garbage disposal it is not turning... I turn it on and it just fills up with water
    should I reset it or
    try to unjam it
    I tryed to unjam it but that did not work so well
    all I put down it was carrot peelings and tater peelings
    I don't know for sure what wrong with the garbage disposal. I hope it is not the vegetable oil (grease) that might be the problem of block up or stop up with only water. For the oil, it is the only solution is to use very hot water to drain it so that the water will be free of oil to go down the pipe. Carrot peelings are fine, no problem. I don't know about potato peelings unless it is too much of the potatoes with the peelings that might be the problems. If you can not fix the garbage disposal with trying to turn it on and not getting the water drain out. Then you need the professional plumber to help you with that and I hope he or she will give you an advice on what kind of food that will go down in the garbage disposal. One more thing that I am thinking of is to use the plugger to try to drain the water into the pipe. I am not sure if that work. I hope you can get it fix and let me know if that work or not. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DeafToniB View Post
      I don't know for sure what wrong with the garbage disposal. I hope it is not the vegetable oil (grease) that might be the problem of block up or stop up with only water. For the oil, it is the only solution is to use very hot water to drain it so that the water will be free of oil to go down the pipe. Carrot peelings are fine, no problem. I don't know about potato peelings unless it is too much of the potatoes with the peelings that might be the problems. If you can not fix the garbage disposal with trying to turn it on and not getting the water drain out. Then you need the professional plumber to help you with that and I hope he or she will give you an advice on what kind of food that will go down in the garbage disposal. One more thing that I am thinking of is to use the plugger to try to drain the water into the pipe. I am not sure if that work. I hope you can get it fix and let me know if that work or not. Good luck.
      Actually
      Its very simple
      All Garbage Disposal's have a button on the bottom side that will trip if there is a jam, its to keep the motor from overloading!
      And all garbage disposal have a square slot where a Pawl tool can be inserted and rotated by hand to assist in freeing what has jammed the disposal
      A standard screwdriver can be used in place of the pawl tool
      Note the square slot is also on the bottom side
      and Also please remove the screw driver from the slot PRIOR TO flipping the switch
      ᎠᏂᎩᏚᏩᎩ - Anigiduwagi
      Till I Die!

Comment

Originally posted by Josiah View Post
        Actually
        Its very simple
        All Garbage Disposal's have a button on the bottom side that will trip if there is a jam, its to keep the motor from overloading!
        And all garbage disposal have a square slot where a Pawl tool can be inserted and rotated by hand to assist in freeing what has jammed the disposal
        A standard screwdriver can be used in place of the pawl tool
        Note the square slot is also on the bottom side
        and Also please remove the screw driver from the slot PRIOR TO flipping the switch
        Thank you for clearing that up with me, because I had not use the garbage disposals a long time (years ago, I used to have garbage disposals in the apartments in the cities and they were great for getting rid of materials things instead of throwing in the garbage bags). I did not know there were button on the bottom side of the garbage disposal. I had no problem with all the garbage disposals that I used to live in apartments in the cities. Well, I hope he/she is getting your advice on how to work on this damn garbage disposal. I hope the garbage disposal can start working again.

Comment

yup the tool or screwdriver I hope will do it .... the water did drain down ....ewwww it looks so nasty its the tater peelings I juist over did it LOL but when I wake up a bit more its too early but I seen a video on this as I did a google search was real surprized to see that geez what they don't have on the supper highway now a days...LOL
          Thanks to both of you for your help...
          I never had a garbage disposal before this is all new but I can tell you this I am going back to my ol ways cuz this I don't care to go through again...

Comment

Garbage disposals are a godsend. But, yeah, you have to be careful with potato peelings and only push them down into the disposal in small batches. Since you haven't had a disposal before, periodically throw a handful of ice cubes in and run the disposal to clean the blades. Also, throw in some citrus peels every once in awhile to freshen it up!

I've had garbage disposals or so long I don't know what I'd do without one!
            sigpic

Comment

remember also do not put banana peels down them it makes a messsssssssssssssssssss

Comment

My old standby is to use a WOODEN broom handle down the drain and try to see it you can get it to rotate.
                ...it is what it is...

Comment

happened before

I use to be such a tom boy when I was a little girl.
                  Trying to fix things and such, lol.

Those potato skins may have messed it up. Look under the sink and mess with that little switch under there. Try pouring some purex down the drain and let it sit there for 15 - 30 minutes. The try turning it on. That I will help some but with those big potato hulls in there you may have to get one of those kitchen utensils and get those out.
                  2011-2012 Powwow.com Princess !

"We Walk in Two Worlds"

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X