Honest Injun Comment by RNC Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Injun Comment by RNC Chairman

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19uq2plUyKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19uq2plUyKM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Sigh...

I am a Centrist Democrat, I admit it.

But Steele is an idiot: even his own people, say so.

Comment

HA! Leave it to a black guy to make that remark. Too bad you can't call him out with a "n***a please"!........doubt he'd like that at all.....2 way street buddy.
      sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

hahahaha !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke View Post
          But Steele is an idiot: even his own people, say so.
          So is Hannity!

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
            HA! Leave it to a black guy to make that remark. Too bad you can't call him out with a "n***a please"!........doubt he'd like that at all.....2 way street buddy.
            In a high pitched voice I would say Neeeeegro Pleeeease!

Comment

Don't believe the black white man. If he was truely not speaking with forked tounge he would have held up his left hand. His right hand is not connected to his heart so he can lye as much as he wants.

I like what you say 50cal but expect a vistit from the rev sharpton. I hear he's in your area!
              ScarryWolf

Comment

Originally posted by BigChef View Post
                Don't believe the black white man. If he was truely not speaking with forked tounge he would have held up his left hand. His right hand is not connected to his heart so he can lye as much as he wants.

I like what you say 50cal but expect a vistit from the rev sharpton. I hear he's in your area!
                Hey if Al does then ask him for me what salon he goes to so I can get my hair did too!

He's not a real reverend if he doesn't have a church!

Comment

Originally posted by 50cal View Post
                  Don't expect a reaction from the media like you got with Don Imus.

Had it been a white man saying what Steele did they probably would have been fired by now. It would be especially true if it was a white man making a derogatory comment about blacks.

For whatever reason there has never been the same degree of racial sensitivity to NDNs as there has been to other races. Not sure why, maybe because there aren't as many of us or were not as vocal to call it to account when it occurs.

Did he say it maliciously - doubt it. But he should know better.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                    Don't expect a reaction from the media like you got with Don Imus.

Had it been a white man saying what Steele did they probably would have been fired by now. It would be especially true if it was a white man making a derogatory comment about blacks.

For whatever reason there has never been the same degree of racial sensitivity to NDNs as there has been to other races. Not sure why, maybe because there aren't as many of us or were not as vocal to call it to account when it occurs.

Did he say it maliciously - doubt it. But he should know better.
                    I remember somebody in the news asking why they don't include more native americans in news broadcasts? The woman's response? Native Americans don't speak with soundbites! WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Grits & Beans View Post
                      I remember somebody in the news asking why they don't include more native americans in news broadcasts? The woman's response? Native Americans don't speak with soundbites! WTF?
                      What? You mean we give detailed coherent answers to questions? Shame on us!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
                        What? You mean we give detailed coherent answers to questions? Shame on us!
                        lol

Comment

What?! Is you fo real? N##ger please. You best get outta here wit dat honest injun sh*t. I'm callin Jesse Jackson.

Comment

When I was in high school, my biology teacher made the "honest injun" comment in front of the class. After class, I went up to her and told her that the comment is a little racially insensitive, to which she apologized and said that's just what people in the south say.

To tell the truth, I haven't thought of the comment until I saw this thread.
                            Dreams feel real when we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

I didn't know there was already a thread started on the "Honest Injun" remark,
                              here's another thought from a natives perspective,
                              ( i'm still trying to work it out peacefully : )

The "Honest Injun" phrise by GOP Leader Michael Steel ("Injuns" slang word for American Indians.) a racist slurr?)
                              "Indians" are outraged by the "Honest Injun" slang being used.

when Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made his comment about President Obama, " Obama is light skinned and doesn’t speak with a Negro dialect", GOP Leader Michael Steel wanted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to resign.

But, When GOP Leader Micheal Steel was confronted about his own "Honest Injun" phrase, he said,
                              "It's not an intent to be a racial slur, I wasn't intending to say a racial slur at all."
                              (ignorance of native prespective)

I realize we are not 'Indians', but when GOP Leader Michael Steel used his phrase, he was indeed thinking about Native / Indigenous peoples,
                              "Injuns" was connected to "Redskins", used by Eroupeans during the 1776 Revolution and the 1800's Cowboy days,
                              I won't say it was a racist slur, but, I will say, at the time, it was an Ignorant Eroupean description used to describe Native / Indigenous peoples of these lands.

This is what I've always grown up knowing of these words.
                              but, I do not know where Senate Majority Leader learned his phrase. ( playing Cowboys and Indians? ).

I'm sure it has been an edcuational experiences for both "Leaders", as it has for the public?, I can only pray.

Native / Indigenous Peoples; First let us remember, This was Never "India", nor, was it any part of 'India', We are Not "Indians", and we are not 'Injuns'.
                              we are only called 'American Indians' by choise, "America's" Indians.... since 1492.

Every Fourth of July, , July 4th., the 'Declaration of Independence' is recognized and celerbrated as a Great Historical Document.
                              every 4th. of July, we Natives / Indigenous peoples also celebrate right along side their celebrations,

did you know, on "# 27 of the Declarations of Independence", is equally offensive as "Honest Injuns".

# 27. "He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the 'Merciless Indian Savages' whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes & conditions."

both needs to be up graded to fit into our changing times.

Another tough example is the Eroupeans Holy Christian Bible,
                              St. Paul says, the Jews Killed the Jesus,
                              Later it is a known fact that the Jews did not kill the Jesus,
                              It was the Romans from Rome that killed the Christians Jesus,.

I've been watching some of the new Christian segments on the History Channel and they still tell the story of 'Judith' ( for Jews ), turned Jesus in and a crowd of Jews all yelling, "Crusify Him, Crusify Him..."

So, I know from that, they didn't change that in their Holy Book neither.

" Honest Injun " = " Merciless Indian Savages " ?.

Remember # 27 on the 4th. of July.

just passing it on.

NativetoIndian.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X