Kesha plays Indian on American Idol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kesha plays Indian on American Idol

I am not sure how many of you are devoted to American Idol, I am one of those that isn't, but it came to my attention on Facebook, that the singer Kesha, while singing her song BlahBlahBlah, went off the stage and then came back with a Headdress, playing Indian Chief. Some turmoil about this has been going round on Facebook, people have comment on her facebook site wanting her to appologize for her poor taste, and insult againt the Native people.

Some wants her and FoxTV to come out with an official appologize.
    For those that didn't see it here is a link.

YouTube - Kesha - Blah Blah Blah - Live - On American Idol (HD)

Kesha | Facebook

To email FoxTV:
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Sunktaki; 03-18-2010, 11:26 PM. Reason: bad spelling

i just watched the video.that is ,seriously, 3 minutes of my life i will never get back.if anyone should be offended i think it would be the MRDD communitee. that girl just created a new deffinition of retarded.
    Last edited by FluteMaker; 03-19-2010, 09:38 AM.

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

This performance offends me on many levels, including grammatically and aesthetically, completely leaving alone the obvious cultural offensiveness.
      Ozhaawashko-giizhigag
      Proud of my adopted and blood heritages! Anishinabe, Cree, Dene, Metis
      Jingler

Comment

I haven't got to watch it yet, girl.........they block YouTube here at work, but will check it out when I get home.
        I've been watching American Idol........but must of missed it.
        Later.......

Comment

Originally posted by NancyJo View Post
          I haven't got to watch it yet, girl.........they block YouTube here at work, but will check it out when I get home.
          I've been watching American Idol........but must of missed it.
          Later.......
          You didn't miss much - I wouldn't be running out to buy her CD, LOL!

Comment

Hmmmmmm.............that was..................well.....................not to be redundent.................but BLAH BLAH BLAH!!
            I don't even get why she thought that song had anything to do with American Indians.
            Blah, blah, blah, Kesha.

Comment

i am not really that offended, she is just so stupid. the head dress had nothing to do with the song. or maybe i am just to old now to get it.

she is an idiot and her career is over because she has no talent.

computerized vocals is not talent.
              A LABYRINTH OF FINGERS POINTING BLAME

Comment

MTV has been making stars out of bands that never should have left the garage they started in for the past 30some years.this is just another bit of proof that anyone can be a star if theres enought money behind them

The older I get the less of a deterrent life without parole gets

Comment

I take no offence due to that lame what ever she was wearing is no way related to our culture ,wich is full of beautifull well made items wich the what ever she was wearing deff was not well made nor beautifull.
                  I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

you would think people like that have entire teams of staff that put together these shows, script them, write em, design and make the costumes, and you would think at least one of them would bring up the fact that it might offend some people.

I remember when Outkast did the same thing. Doesn't offend me much, I can careless what things people wear for shows, but I know some people do. If I were a musician/singer, the last thing I would want is a racially involved controversy. Most of the time you don't want negative publicity at all.
                    www.myspace.com/anishtradish

Comment

kesha

Kesha' performance was as offensive as it could be! We as a community must stand against all this stupid portrayals of Our Culture! Write to Fox and RCA and Kesha and demand an apology!

Comment

I found it to be very offensive but what I find even more disturbing is that she probably would not even understand why Native people would be offended. After she did the performance, I saw so many people online saying the same old thing about how Natives don't own that style and that Kesha can dress anyway she wants, artistic license, ndns should be honored. Started to remind me of the classic "Indian Mascots are honoring your people" argument.

Comment

Im going to have to say thats pretty wack!!!!! ...im not sure I understand the point of her putting it on... I mean come on...REALLY...whaTs the point of that?? Even Lady Gaga wouldnt go there...LMAO
                          Be strong, but not rude.
                          Be kind, but not weak.
                          Be bold, but don't bully.
                          Be humble, but not shy.
                          Be confident, but not arrogant.

Lessons Learned In Life

Comment

Just saw it , and I don't get it. I don't even know who she is, but I don't watch AMerican Idol.

Comment

I've got bigger fish to fry: don't we all?

I mean, no, I am not being dismissive: but folks get all riled up over this but aren't all shamed out that Pine Ridge is a Third World country...

Where are the priorities?

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.