Project Can-Do.Org Crow Creek Rez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Can-Do.Org Crow Creek Rez

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tmfue_pjwho&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tmfue_pjwho&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    sigpic

Project Can-Do.Org Womens OutReach Center

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6RAgR1gMdk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k6RAgR1gMdk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    sigpic

Comment

I wonder if any of those 'NDN at heart/We Are All Related' ndns have any inkling something like this goes on.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Man, that first video made me cry. I hope everyone who's NDN at heart, has native ancestors, white boy scouts, and anyone else able to contribute, gets moved to action or donation.

Here's a link to make it easy: Just put in the notation that you want your funds to go towards Crow Creek.

...it is what it is...

Comment

no videos show up on my blackbery. the first two posts are blank

Comment

Do you get you tube on your blackberry? Just search for "can do crow creek".
            ...it is what it is...

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

my mother remembers the old fort thompson before it was flooded.
                Wanjica Infinity No One

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                  I wonder if any of those 'NDN at heart/We Are All Related' ndns have any inkling something like this goes on.

i was wondering that too.

i'm also wondering if what the electric co. is doing can be considered illegal? it really sounds like something that should be taken to court.

Comment

you know what it should be taken to court.

Comment

i'm going to look into this electric company. i wonder what other wrongs they are committing?

Comment

Thats just disgusting. I did a qucik search for the disconnection rules for SD and found this document http://www.puc.sd.gov/commission/Publication/n&ebro.pdf (PDF) , basically it says that during the heating season all the utilities are required to do is give an additional 30 day notice, making 60 days for the person to make arrangements before they disconnect service, which they can bill the person for a disconnect and reconnect charge.

I have not read the full agreement and the documents that the power company signed with the tribe (obviously, their prolly locked away), but maybe there is a chance that the tribe and or residents could just institute a per month rental charge per each power transmission tower (the lattice like structures that the wires are strung on), and sub-station. Probably say that the rental covers no less than one acre, so therefore each tower will be worth 1 acre. Take the combined total amount of everyone's electric bill and divide it by the number of power structures and that would be the rental charge. This of course depends on the easement contract that the tribe and residents signed with the power company, as that contract is what dictated the rules for the construction. Needless to say fight them on it.
                        CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                        sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

here's a toll free number for this central electric co-op: 1-800-477-2892 and email: [email protected]

i'm going to call and raise hell with them.

i looked up these guys at a couple info sites like zacks.com and got nada. then i seen they are a part of touchstone energy cooperatives so i'm going to run that company's name.

Comment

The fact that they are a cooperative makes things messy, they are also claiming that they are a "not-for-profit" group, yeah thats BS, and I saw somewhere that part of it is investor driven.
                            CERN may have discovered the Higgs Boson but...
                            sigpic

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/

Comment

Originally posted by Toolbox View Post
                              The fact that they are a cooperative makes things messy, they are also claiming that they are a "not-for-profit" group, yeah thats BS, and I saw somewhere that part of it is investor driven.
                              that is bs. i found that this so called not-for-profit group had a reported sales total of 17.53 million for the last fiscal year- and that is south dakota alone. how can they be non profit when they are charging crow creek residents a rate that's a third higher than the national average?

this is also mentioned at Noess : Russell Means Freedom

it seems that central electric cooperative general manager loren noess is displeased with the video showing his employees pulling meters. his email also mentions that no one from the reservation contacted any of the three congressional leaders in washington about the disconnects. hmmm....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X