• Show
Clear All

• Robeson County Woman Charged With Murdering Her Son

WRAL.com
    Robeson County Woman Charged With Murdering Her Son
    Mother Charged With First-Degree Murder
    POSTED: 12:45 a.m. EST January 12, 2004
    UPDATED: 12:56 a.m. EST January 12, 2004

PARKTON, N.C. -- A mother has been charged in the shooting death of her son.

Robeson County authorities said they found 26-year-old Michael McMillan dead of a gun shot to the face when they were called to a residence in Parkton early Sunday.

McMillan's mother, 51-year-old Patricia McMillan, was placed under arrest and charged with first-degree murder.

According to police, Patricia McMillan got into an argument with her son at a home on Smith Farm Road, pulled out a gun and shot her son in the face.
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Published on: 2004-01-13

Mom charged in shooting of jobless son

By Venita Jenkins
    Staff writer

PARKTON - A 51-year-old woman was charged Sunday with shooting her son in the face with a shotgun after they argued, lawmen said.

Patricia McMillian
    The woman, Patricia McMillian, was charged with first-degree murder and was being held in the Robeson County jail without bail.

Her son, Michael McMillian, was shot below the left eye with a 12-gauge shotgun, said Sheriff's Maj. Randal Patterson. He died at the scene.

The shooting happened at Patricia McMillian's home, at 834 Smith Farm Road about 2:50 a.m. Sunday. Michael McMillian, who was 26, lived in the home.

Patricia McMillian worked as a certified nursing assistant who provided home health care.

The argument began after Patricia McMillian confronted her son about not having a job, Patterson said. Michael McMillian went outside to check a water pump, but his mother would not allow him back inside, Patterson said.

McMillian eventually opened the door for her son, and he went into the living room to listen to the radio. Patricia McMillian came into the room and changed the station.

They began to argue, and there was some shoving, Patterson said. Patricia McMillian left the room and returned with the shotgun.

They had been drinking, Patterson said.

"It was an odd situation," he said. "I quit trying to guess why when it comes to some of the cases we have in the county."

Jacob McMillian, another son, and Patricia McMillian's 14-year-old granddaughter were asleep in the home, Patterson said. They awoke at the shot, he said. Jacob McMillian, who is 28, called lawmen.

Staff writer Venita Jenkins can be reached at [email protected] or (910) 738-9158.
    Everything is gonna be alright!

Be blessed - got love???

This b me.....

www.myspace.com/akayo

Comment

SMOKIN'ACE I THINK WE'RE READ AND LOOKING AT THE SAME NEW I ALSO HEARD AND READ ABOUT THIS HAPPENING AND THERE WAS ALSO TWO OTHER KIDS THERE TO HEAR THE SHOOTING I AM A MOTHER AND I CAN'T THINK OF DOING THAT. TIMES ARE REALLY BAD WHEN MOTHERS TURN ON THEIR OWN KIDS
      we gave them a inch and they took thousands of miles

Comment

Just as sad as when a child is beaten and the spouse doesn't do anything about it! What future does this child have? Family, friends and neighbors need to work & talk with troubled familes to prevent such tragedy.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X