Read this about Janklow sentence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this about Janklow sentence

This is a fair system of justice? Janklow gets 100 days in jail for manslaughter in the second-degree just stinks big time. Goto http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4020816/ for the info.
    Asema Is Sacred
    Traditional Use, Not Misuse
    Wakan Tanka please have compassion on me.
    OK Niji we are running a train with red over yellow at this powwow.

I know I was hoping that he would get some big bald dude named Bubba, to take janklow for his wife. If you know what I mean. LOL but that isn't going to happen.

It really does suck that he kills someone and gets 100 days in jail. Not Prison but jail. He'll probably have some great accomodation in there with tv. queen sized bed, and a jacuzzi in the corner.

Where is the justice, Peltier gets 2 consecutive life sentences for an aiding and abetting achrage for the death of agents whom I think the FBI killed just to frame someone and try to take down AIM.
    And this idiot gets 100 days for actually killing a man.

I got to say What in the **** is going on with this country? The persident says that our troops are defending the country protecting our ways and the constitution that we are supposed to live by. If that is the case why are they still over there? They are just wasting their time.
    Last edited by warhoop; 01-23-2004, 01:45 AM.
    "Tell me friend, you who dwells in the dark and the deep, How may I venture unafraid, into the dark world of half death"

Comment

I work in a jail and see this kind of stuff all the time and think it is just wrong how the justic is now a day that is why we have so many that keeps comming back:Yell
      Take care and live life to the fullest

silverwolf450

Comment

Hi
        If I was the judge I would throw the book at him for killing a person to me thats justice.
        Asema Is Sacred

Comment

now a days I don't think that the judges know what justice is as long as they get paid

silverwolf450

Comment

By the crooked system.
            Asema Is Sacred

Comment

maybe i'm wrong but don't think so when a judge lets someone off for shaking is baby to death and then drops the murder charges and only gives this person 7 ys. for aggre. assulat on a minor makes one stop and wounder whos paying who. Sorry but I see a lot of this in the courts and makes me wounder what kind of system we have and who is it trying to protect.

silverwolf450

Comment

Maybe the system protects the politicians and treats the indians like crap.
                Asema Is Sacred

Comment

To say the sentence is not politically influenced would be laughable if it were not just plain sick. But this is getting all too common. On New Year's Eve in Portland, OR, two women leaving the Sobriety Powwow were killed by a drunk driver before they made it eight blocks away. The 24 year old male slammed into the back of a small car they were riding in. I wish the worst upon him for that, but he will probably get a light sentence if it is his first crime. I think that any negligent death, while not being "murder" only because it is not a wanton intent to kill, should still be punished severely. Murder gets the death penalty, negligence death gets life in prison. Something light might be appropriate if the death is accidental in which there is NO negligence (like in the case where the deceased was at fault, or if the accused party was exercising reasonable caution but the incident still occured because of conditions). Drunkeness is a far cry from reasonable caution.
                  "Friends don't let friends drink decaf..."
                  Wakalapi's $49 unlimited phone service www.49deal.com

Comment

The sentence was a slap on the wrist....a very light slap.
                    Involuntary manslaughter, in my opinion, warrants a sentence of
                    at least 5 years; voluntary manslaughter (murder under
                    extreme provocation) 10 years; second degree murder, life
                    with eligibility for parole after some minimum sentence (say,
                    15 years); first degree murder, life without parole. Death only
                    for the most aggrevated cases--e.g murder by a life term prisoner
                    or serial murder. I am not a great fan of the death penalty
                    because of the possibility of a mistake.

Drunk driving or driving under the influence of narcotics should
                    itself be a felony punishable by at least 2 years even if there is
                    no injuries, not a misdemeanor (in the same class as a dog
                    leash violation) as it is now.
                    alamosaurus

Comment

and 2 years for being an indian dont forget that part of the law.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X