Native Americans in need of Blankets and Bedding in South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owleyes
    Thank you Dyami! I agree with you about how people give to people on the other side of the world while ignoring the people here. There are quite a few other reservations that need many of the same things as Pine Ridge. One of the things I'd like to do someday is be able to afford helping people from the other reservations too. I just happened to find Pine Ridge first, so most of what I've done has been for the people there. I'm glad that you checked out the sites, and I thank you for helping!
    I do not have much money as I work now at minimal wage jobs and am raising a child on my own,but at one of my job I work for a closeout store and I will use that to my full advantage, cause I get a discount. I have been to the Reservation in Cherokee, North Carolina, but from what I get is that most live in the towns that are around there and the only monies that they get is what they make from the tourist and I have heard a lot of stories of these people going hungry as well, but I don't know who I have to contact to send monies and other supplies to.
    I also joined the yahoo group, that I found on the site.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• RedbirdsVision
      Porcupine SD/Redbird News fall 2007
      by RedbirdsVision
      Redbird
      Promoting the Awareness and Celebration of Indigenous Cultures and People and Creating a Sustainable Future

Newsletter
      Fall 2007

Keeping the Doors Open at the Porcupine Clinic – Please Help

Redbird is undertaking a campaign...
      10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
    • alumphfres
      From broken homes to a broken system
      by alumphfres
      The Washington Post
      Sari Horwitz

PINE RIDGE INDIAN RESERVATION, S.D. — She sits alone in a cinder-block cell, an Oglala Lakota teenager with a long braid and tattoos. For five months she has been locked up on this remote prairie reservation for drinking and disorderly conduct....
      11-29-2014, 03:23 AM
    • LadyRedtailedHawk
      Help For Pine Ridge
      by LadyRedtailedHawk
      Hello Everyone, I received a call for help regarding propane shortage on Pine Ridge. Now if any member here lives on the Ridge, you can verify this person and the need. I do know that there is a propane company there has set up a fund for Pine Ridge for donations and I will verify later this morning...
      03-24-2004, 06:58 AM
    • Historian
      The "Poorest County in America"
      by Historian
      The "Poorest County in America"
      By Tim Giago (Nanwica Kciji)
      Native American Times - 30 April 2007
      http://www.nativetimes.com/index.asp...rticle_id=8725

Tim Giago Commentary:

The United States Census of 1980 moved...
      04-30-2007, 11:01 PM
    • Mato Winyan
      Sundance brother and his wife need help!!
      by Mato Winyan
      I know this is a hard time of the year for most people but there is an extreme emergency situation here. A sundancer and singer from Pine Ridge, South Dakota are in real need. I'm trying to get people together to pitch in what they can to help them out. I'm posting an e mail from Mary that she sent...
      12-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X