X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palin shows her animosity towards Mother Earth

By Doug George-Kanentiio©
    News From Indian Country

When Skennenrahowi walked among the Iroquois 850 years ago he sought not only to bring an end to war through the creation of the Great Law of Peace but also created a society in which women were assured of their natural liberties as free human beings.

He acknowledged that women were the lifegivers of the planet and as such carried a great responsibility to nurture and protect our sacred mother earth for all time to come. Along with this status came great political and spiritual powers for it was the women who cultivated the land and it was they who determined how its resources were to be distributed.

Last edited by Skabewis; 09-24-2008, 03:54 PM.

Originally posted by Skabewis View Post
    By Doug George-Kanentiio©
    News From Indian Country

georgedoug-for-web.jpgWhen Skennenrahowi walked among the Iroquois 850 years ago he sought not only to bring an end to war through the creation of the Great Law of Peace but also created a society in which women were assured of their natural liberties as free human beings.

He acknowledged that women were the lifegivers of the planet and as such carried a great responsibility to nurture and protect our sacred mother earth for all time to come. Along with this status came great political and spiritual powers for it was the women who cultivated the land and it was they who determined how its resources were to be distributed.

I'm not a big Palin fan, but this article title is ridiculous....

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Smokin' Ace
      'Stolen Sisters': Murdered and missing in Canada
      by Smokin' Ace
      'Stolen Sisters': Murdered and missing in Canada © Indian Country Today November 29, 2004. All Rights Reserved Posted: November 29, 2004 by: Stephanie Woodard / Indian Country Today

OTTAWA, Ontario - Over the last two decades, some 500 indigenous women in Canada have been murdered...
      11-29-2004, 03:04 PM
    • kitchemanitou
      Iroquois Chiefs visit England
      by kitchemanitou
      Speech of the Iroquois Chiefs
      The speech of the five Iroquois chiefs,[*] who visited England in the reign of Queen Anne. The following excellent address was delivered by them before her majesty:

"Great Queen. -- We have undertaken a long and tedious. voyage, which none of...
      05-14-2005, 07:57 PM
    • Vail13
      Your insight is needed for my research paper!
      by Vail13
      I joined this site (hopefully) looking for anyone who would be interested in providing their insight/opinions/knowledge regarding an in-depth research paper I am doing for a college course. My focus is on the current standing of the Native community with a focus on gender, particularly the status of...
      12-07-2014, 12:53 PM
    • Tvskekee
      The True Origin Of Thanksgiving
      by Tvskekee
      I did a reasearch paper for a history class awile back. I poured through teh books looking for factual information, not specualtion, first hand accounts, government documents and anything that could not be disputed by my professor as being hearsay or biased. I got an A on this paper and I also sent...
      10-09-2001, 03:00 PM
    • Blackbear
      So You Want to Be A Warrior?
      by Blackbear
      This Message Is Reprinted Under The FAIR USE
      Doctrine Of International Copyright Law:
      _http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html_
      (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html)
      06-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X