X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Arizona jail teaches inmates to avoid debt

By Larry Hendricks
    Flagstaff, Arizona (AP)

Page resident Mellowdi Yazzie, 30, was caught earlier this year driving with a suspended license following a DUI conviction.

At the time, she had a warrant out for her arrest because she had failed to comply with court-ordered payment of fines. She was sentenced to the Coconino County Jail. She’s the first to admit that her trouble with the law primarily had to do with her inability to manage her finances. She got into debt and didn’t pay her fines.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    Taking the burden off family and loved ones
    by Skabewis
    By Dr. Arne Vainio
    News From Indian Country

I was afraid of Alvina. She first came to see me when I was in my 3rd year of residency in Seattle. She had moved to Seattle from her home reservation and was living with her daughter. Chronic alcoholism had taken its toll on her. She...
    10-18-2008, 10:44 AM
  • Skabewis
    Detectives hope answers to cold cases lie in a deck of cards
    by Skabewis
    By Diane Hefley
    Everett, Washington (AP)

Kay Jones was losing her battle with cancer.

As she lay dying, the grieving mother ached for justice. She needed to know who killed her youngest daughter, Kelly Sarsten, five months earlier.

Her surviving children...
    05-30-2008, 09:32 PM
  • Paul G
    Ancient and Powerful
    by Paul G
    Posted by biggurlbrain

She liked the feel of the wind flowing around her. The sound of singing barely audible over the sounds her pony made moving over the trail. She was proud of her ride, and had made sure to decorate the pony stylishly with ribbons and tinkling things. It was a gloriously...
    11-28-2006, 04:05 PM
  • Jibbyâ„¢
    Supersnaggingyrl
    by Jibbyâ„¢
    So anyways, this one day, superndngyrl was fresh outta snags. SOS (Save Our Snags), a non-profit organisation commited to preserving the Ojib snag population had banned her from snaggin without a license after she monopolized the Great Lakes Wild Snag existence. No longer were they able to roam the...
    03-26-2004, 03:08 PM
  • superdj126
    The Bus Stop
    by superdj126
    In a crowded city at a busy bus stop, a beautiful young woman wearing a tight leather skirt was waiting for a bus. As the bus stopped and it was her turn to get on, she became aware that her skirt was too tight to allow her leg to come up to the height of the first step of the bus.
    Slightly...
    08-24-2008, 10:00 AM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎