Obama's 143 Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PA-Saponi View Post
    Be for real dude! Obama has been more thoroughly vetted than Palin ever will be. McCain knows Obama character is polished. McCain just knows he is getting his butt whipped in the polls and the only thing he can come up with now is this crap about Obama being associated with a "so called" terrorist. It's also funny that McCain won't say this to Obama's face but he will stand behind the skirt tails of a woman (airhead Palin) who says it for him. Shows me just how much frigging courage and honor McCain has. I think he is a whimp for not saying it to Obama's face. If McCain is the best choice, then why doens't he talk issues rather than this crap he's feeding about Obama and terroism? He should stop the shananigans and so should everyone else.
    I think Palin is head and shoulders above anyone, intellectually speaking, who has the "audacity" to vote for Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
      Have you seen this:
      Electoral-vote.com: President, Senate, House Updated Daily

Looks like you better get used to Barack!
      Barack Hussain Obama - won't you just love to hear his full name read at the Inaugural and know that he shared one with one of our former enemies? Nice touch.

I suppose you've forgotten the year 2000 where Gore had Bush beat by a 51 to 40 margin in the NYT/Gallup poll 3 weeks before the election and still managed to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
        I think Palin is head and shoulders above anyone, intellectually speaking, who has the "audacity" to vote for Obama.
        You have to be drinking something stronger than Kool-Aid...."my friend".

Comment

You have to be drinking something stronger than Kool-Aid...."my friend".
          Nope...and I've never "inhaled" either.

And I'm not your "friend" either.

Comment

Nope...and I've never "inhaled" either.

And I'm not your "friend" either.
            Just using one of your buddies, McCain, favorite lines...."My Friend"!...KIDDO!

Comment

Barack Hussain Obama - won't you just love to hear his full name read at the Inaugural and know that he shared one with one of our former enemies? Nice touch.

I suppose you've forgotten the year 2000 where Gore had Bush beat by a 51 to 40 margin in the NYT/Gallup poll 3 weeks before the election and still managed to lose.
              I believe the final count was that he won!

And this isn't a 51/49 margin. It is much larger than that.
              New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

Back to Paul's point about experience.

Carter left office after 1 term with his tail between his legs after not being able to resolve the Iran Hostage Crisis.

Clinton left office after 2 terms that were tainted by questions of impeachment, the Whitewater scandal, and sexual misconduct with a White House intern (Monica Lewinsky).

JFK wanted to invade Cuba and had the Cuban Missile Crisis to deal with before his assassination.

None of these are people that I would hold up as good role models of executive inexperience.

Comment

I believe the final count was that he won!

And this isn't a 51/49 margin. It is much larger than that.
                  It was 51 to 40, not 51 to 49.

And the current polls have margins as low as +3 for Obama, still within the margin of error in many cases.

Actually, maybe they should continue to show Obama as far ahead as possible. Then the people who can't easily get to the polls or places where the weather may turn adverse will think he doesn't need their vote. MWAH! HA! HA!

Comment

Back to Paul's point about experience.

Carter left office after 1 term with his tail between his legs after not being able to resolve the Iran Hostage Crisis.

Clinton left office after 2 terms that were tainted by questions of impeachment, the Whitewater scandal, and sexual misconduct with a White House intern (Monica Lewinsky).

JFK wanted to invade Cuba and had the Cuban Missile Crisis to deal with before his assassination.

None of these are people that I would hold up as good role models of executive inexperience.
                    That statement alone just highlights your bias. You're a Republican and nothing else is going to please you.

But let's do one more example...

Regan had 8 years as the Governor of a large state. His administration had more people indicted than any in history.

Experience is NOT a predictor for success or failure. In fact I don't believe there is any job you can do before hand that would prepare you for this.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

I tried NOT to respond.. my head told me not to, but my damn fingers went ahead anyway. Politics and religion, two conversations not to be brought up..but this is Powwows.com anything goes. The bottom line is they are both politicians, neither of them should be trusted blindly. We DO have to do something different, we do have to place the needs of the American people first, we need to choose a leader that can do that. I have been impressed with the style of Obama, he shows a calm demeanor under fire and has a pleasant manner about him. I kinda feel McCain comes off phony and a bit "Nixon" like. I would caution one NOT to judge based on a name... or color, especially from a comunity such as ours.. and to turn on one another, come on... this is America.. to speak and feel as one will is what is FREEDOM..to fight for your right to feel as you do,even if I disagree, is what I believe America stands for. I can only hope that whoever ends up in office will lead with integrity and honesty.
                      remember you are tommorow's elders

Comment

Obama hasn't even finished 1 term as Senator, and he's been so busy campaining for President he hasn't even taken the time to do THAT job!
                        That is what really bothers me...whether it be Obama or McCain...you're number #1 job as a senator or representative is to do what the people put you there for. It is not to campaign....That just goes to show how royally screwed up our government has become. It's ok to leave a position the people have entrusted to you to speak for them and go on the road to debate your opponent.

Funny thing is...if we don't agree we automatically assume you are either Dem or Rep...whatever happens to be opposite of what we are.

Comment

Originally posted by PrairieTX View Post
                          That is what really bothers me...whether it be Obama or McCain...you're number #1 job as a senator or representative is to do what the people put you there for. It is not to campaign....That just goes to show how royally screwed up our government has become. It's ok to leave a position the people have entrusted to you to speak for them and go on the road to debate your opponent.

Funny thing is...if we don't agree we automatically assume you are either Dem or Rep...whatever happens to be opposite of what we are.
                          That isn't isolated to the Presidential election though.

Think about Senators from California or Hawaii! They have a rough time making it back home to campaign and be there for votes.

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

That isn't isolated to the Presidential election though.

Think about Senators from California or Hawaii! They have a rough time making it back home to campaign and be there for votes.
                            BE THERE FOR THE VOTE. That's what you're elected for...that's what your paid for. I'd cast my vote for someone who campaigned by phone, email, web, mail...and cast the votes I sent them to rep rather than one who did not vote solely to attend a debate or speech somewhere.

Maybe we should just elect to terminate those folks who miss x amount of votes. Heck, you cant even graduate HS if you miss too many days...you get fired if you call out of work too often. It blows my mind.

Comment

I'm not biased or partisan. I would gladly vote for a Democrat if I trusted them to do the job. I'm kind of missing Hilary right now, to be quite honest. There wasn't a single candidate on either side through the primary campaigns that I could point to and say that I was entirely pleased with or agreed with.

I think partisanship does play a big role this time around. I think there are people out there who will vote against McCain, rather than for Obama and vice versa.

Comment

McCain just knows he is getting his butt whipped in the polls and the only thing he can come up with now is this crap about Obama being associated with a "so called" terrorist.
                                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weatherman_(organization) ... Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .......and these are so-called terrorists???....I doubt even you would stand for something like that.....

[/quote] If McCain is the best choice, then why doens't he talk issues rather than this crap he's feeding about Obama and terroism? [/quote]

Because domestic terrorism is what will bring ths country down.....so I take it you don't think Tim McVeigh, Terry Nichols or Ted Kaczinski weren't terrorists right???......Bill Ayers was a founding member of the Weather Underground...a terrorist organization....
                                sigpic

...And shephards we shall be. For thee my lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E Fili, E Spiritu Sancti.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X