• Paul G
    replied
    Pow Wow TV - Jodi Gillette and Micheal Roberts

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthofAda View Post
    It was 51 to 40, not 51 to 49.

And the current polls have margins as low as +3 for Obama, still within the margin of error in many cases.

Actually, maybe they should continue to show Obama as far ahead as possible. Then the people who can't easily get to the polls or places where the weather may turn adverse will think he doesn't need their vote. MWAH! HA! HA!
    You can use that same site to view 2004.

Electoral Vote Predictor 2004

I don't see a point where it was 51 40. But maybe I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• PA-Saponi
    replied
    Originally posted by northofada View Post
    i'm done with you (**washes hands**). Anybody care to offer somemeaningful dialogue?
    thank god!

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    To call a veteran a "wimp" is disgraceful, whether you agree with them politically or not. I hope you have the balls to back up that kind of comment with a distinguished service record of your own, but you probably don't.

I'll go even further to say that I think that prior military service should be added to the requirements for running for President. If you haven't got the guts to put your life on the line for this country, maybe you don't deserve to be in office.

And, no, your comments about Palin aren't intellectual unless you're one of those people who consider Mad Magazine and Playboy classic literature.
    I respect those that choose the serve in the military. But let's not saint them!

Of course we can call him a wimp or any other word. Just because he is a veteran doesn't make him immune to criticism.

Here, I'll let you in on a secret! There are vets that are complete assholes! Some that are murders, rapists, druggies, etc. Some of them didn't even do a good job in the military. Not every one of them served well.

So let's say just because you have a distinguished service record you are put on a pedestal.

Now as to military service being a requirement, no! You need to think that through.

Your rule would have prevented this great man from serving!

How about people with other disabilities?

And let's look at our past Presidents with no military experience:
    * John Adams
    * Thomas Jefferson
    * John Quincy Adams
    * Martin Van Buren
    * Grover Cleveland
    * William Taft
    * Woodrow Wilson
    * Warren Harding
    * Calvin Coolidge
    * Herbert Hoover
    * Franklin Roosevelt
    * Bill Clinton

Those are some great men!

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    Originally posted by 50cal View Post
    wow, experience is not a predictor for success????.....really????....I'm going to have to remember that when I put in for the managerial position here......
    I didn't say it doesn't matter for any job. I said for President of the United States. Nothing a person does can predict how they will handle this job. It is unlike anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Paul G
    replied
    sounds like a cop-out to me....more excuses for someone who does not deserve the Presidency....neither does McCain, but I'll go with the lesser of two evils......
    I'm not agreeing with the practice, just stating the issue.

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    Originally posted by PA-Saponi View Post
    I do respect that dinosaur McCain is a veteran. However, he is wimpy if he can't call Obama out to his face what he's having airhead Palin do at her little rallies. Where s his honor that a true veteran should have?

And I don't have to argue with you and 50cal about your intelligence. You guys do a pretty decent job of proving your own intellect. I'll admit, you don't need any help.

It's obvious you guys like giving it to Obama pretty good, but you seem to have a hard time taking it when someone gives it back to old dinosaur McCain and his airhead friend...excuse mean his big butt and a smile running mate. I'd be willing to bet Palin even reads some of the magazines you listed above. I mean didn't she tell Katie Couric she read them all?
    I'm done with you (**washes hands**). Anybody care to offer somemeaningful dialogue?

Leave a comment:

• PA-Saponi
    replied
    To call a veteran a "wimp" is disgraceful, whether you agree with them politically or not. I hope you have the balls to back up that kind of comment with a distinguished service record of your own, but you probably don't.

I'll go even further to say that I think that prior military service should be added to the requirements for running for President. If you haven't got the guts to put your life on the line for this country, maybe you don't deserve to be in office.

And, no, your comments about Palin aren't intellectual unless you're one of those people who consider Mad Magazine and Playboy classic literature.
    I do respect that dinosaur McCain is a veteran. However, he is wimpy if he can't call Obama out to his face what he's having airhead Palin do at her little rallies. Where s his honor that a true veteran should have?

And I don't have to argue with you and 50cal about your intelligence. You guys do a pretty decent job of proving your own intellect. I'll admit, you don't need any help.

It's obvious you guys like giving it to Obama pretty good, but you seem to have a hard time taking it when someone gives it back to old dinosaur McCain and his airhead friend...excuse mean his big butt and a smile running mate. I'd be willing to bet Palin even reads some of the magazines you listed above. I mean didn't she tell Katie Couric she read them all?

Leave a comment:

• 50cal
    replied
    What's the matter, what's good for the goose is not good for the gander? FACT: McCain is a dinosaur (an erratic whimp I might add) and Palin is an airhead. Well Palin might also be just a big butt and a smile. I think those are fairly intelligent statements. Sorry if you don't like it or understand it.

If you don't like what I post or think they are not intelligent enough, or maybe think it's too intelligent for you, then don't have to read my posts or respond to them.
    wow..............LMAO!!!!.....

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    What's the matter, what's good for the goose is not good for the gander? FACT: McCain is a dinosaur (an erratic whimp I might add) and Palin is an airhead. Well Palin might also be just a big butt and a smile. I think those are fairly intelligent statements. Sorry if you don't like it or understand it.

Leave a comment:

• redtail
    replied
    Originally posted by k9soldier View Post
    I tried NOT to respond.. my head told me not to, but my damn fingers went ahead anyway. Politics and religion, two conversations not to be brought up..but this is Powwows.com anything goes. The bottom line is they are both politicians, neither of them should be trusted blindly. We DO have to do something different, we do have to place the needs of the American people first, we need to choose a leader that can do that. I have been impressed with the style of Obama, he shows a calm demeanor under fire and has a pleasant manner about him. I kinda feel McCain comes off phony and a bit "Nixon" like. I would caution one NOT to judge based on a name... or color, especially from a comunity such as ours.. and to turn on one another, come on... this is America.. to speak and feel as one will is what is FREEDOM..to fight for your right to feel as you do,even if I disagree, is what I believe America stands for. I can only hope that whoever ends up in office will lead with integrity and honesty.

VERY WELL spoken K9.............couldn't agree more. Kudos to you.....

Leave a comment:

• NorthofAda
    replied
    Wow.....could you please post something with some intellect here....I doubt the name calling is going to do you any good, unless it makes you feel better.....or you just might have had more than enough kool-aid.....
    I don't think this person is capable of making an intellectual argument as their comments continue to show.

Leave a comment:

• redtail
    replied
    [QUOTE=NorthofAda;1222048]Barack Hussain Obama - won't you just love to hear his full name read at the Inaugural and know that he shared one with one of our former enemies? Nice touch.]

I am not into arguments cuz we all have the right to believe and vote who we believe is best..to us personally.
    However, in this statement above I just wanted to say that Barack could no more have anything to do with his parents naming him as they did, as you didn't have any control or had anything to do with what your parents named you.

So this one particular thing I think is unfair to judge someone on.

peace out~

Leave a comment:

• PA-Saponi
    replied
    Wow.....could you please post something with some intellect here....I doubt the name calling is going to do you any good, unless it makes you feel better.....or you just might have had more than enough kool-aid.....

If you don't like what I post or think they are not intelligent enough, or maybe think it's too intelligent for you, then don't have to read my posts or respond to them.
    Last edited by PA-Saponi; 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 50cal
    replied
    All these days of experience may be true, but the true fact is that Obama is still far more qualified to be the leader of the free world than dinosaur McCain and airhead Palin. I'll take Obama's inexperience over a crazy old man's judgement any day of the week.
    I'd favor my flavor Kool-Aid over yours any day of the week.

If McCaniac gets it you can rest assured we'll be in war for many years to come. Either with Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or all three at the same time.

I'll take inexperience over poor erratic judgement any time.
    Just using one of your buddies, McCain, favorite lines...."My Friend"!...KIDDO!

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X