Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil’ Klamath girl still needs your support & prayers…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil’ Klamath girl still needs your support & prayers…

Dear Editor,

Laura Schroeder is an eight year old girl who attends Chiloquin Elementary School and is in the third grade. She was born with hypoplastic kidney disease, and the doctors let her family know that she will eventually need a kidney transplant since her kidneys are too small and will fail. At her exam last year, Laura’s family learned that the process had started and that they needed to find a donor and prepare for a transplant.

Laura amazed her doctors last year and was able to hold her own and held off the transplant last year. Unfortunately the news hasn’t been as good this year. She is scheduled for surgery in December up in Portland.

Laura is my first cousin's oldest daughter. She has been struggling very much since she was born; but I have to say she is a fighter. Even though she has many serious medical problems; she attends regular school with her peers and she continues to do her native dancing and such with her siblings and parents. I made my donation through COTA last year, as they are the safe and reliable way to get funding directly to the care of the patient.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Blackbear
      Onondaga girl wins prize for caring for grandmother
      by Blackbear
      This Message Is Reprinted Under The FAIR USE
      Doctrine Of International Copyright Law:
      _http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html_
      (http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html)
      01-09-2007, 04:24 PM
    • Jammer
      Dog Advice...
      by Jammer
      I've just recently adopted a full blooded german shepherd dog from and adoption agency. She is aca registered and so fourth and has been microchipped since a pup. Shes 1 yr old and seems to be well tempered at home and around people although she is a little shy and timid around new people for a about...
      09-25-2004, 03:52 AM
    • Smokin' Ace
      Girl sends cuddly gifts to foster children
      by Smokin' Ace
      This is just a cute story about a young kid who is making a difference......she's not Native = but maybe she can inspire some of our youth to do some good stuff too......

Girl sends cuddly gifts to foster children

I actually want to do it forever, until...
      12-11-2003, 04:36 PM
    • redbear
      Missing Mouse
      by redbear
      :Cry

I don't know how many of you out there knew "mouse" but this is just a little note saying how much I miss her. She will never be forgotten. I still catch myself looking for her booth with "Suni" (which was her red-tailed hawk) every pow wow or festival I go to....
      08-26-2003, 03:05 PM
    • silvermoon2012
      Prayers for Trinity
      by silvermoon2012
      I have a friend whose grand daughter is in Nation wide children's hospital. She is is pretty bad shape and they don't know if she will make it. I am lighting a candle for her on my altar and Trinity Hope's grand father is asking for people to pray for her and send positive energy to her and her family....
      01-19-2013, 05:21 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X