X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It ain’t easy being Indian... Shake it, or Bake it

By Ricey Wild
    News From Indian Country

My dog Mitzi almost peed herself she is so happy that her guy won the presidency. She put her vote in for “Bark” Obama and feels really good about herself and the nation’s choice. Now she is saving up some bones for when the new first family moves in to the White House. The Mitz wants to go reverently whuff the First Puppy’s butt. Perhaps when Mitzi is properly vetted and cleared by the Secret Service we will do so. Heck I’m so happy about the election I may just sniff me some presidential puppy butt myself.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    It ain’t easy being Indian… but somebody has to do it - by Ricey Wild
    by Skabewis
    by Ricey Wild
    News From Indian Country

A lot of people ask me to do this: mention me in your column! Or – be sure to mention this...! You should talk about... etc. Well, this is one time I have to actually do so and mention my Mother’s new hero who goes by the name of Mona...
    12-03-2007, 01:04 AM
  • hatfield589
    Indian Fry Bread Sparks Health Debate
    by hatfield589
    This woman's mind is gone! I will give up my Fry Bread when they PRY it from my COLD,DEAD hands!!

By ANGIE WAGNER, Associated Press Writer
    Sat Aug 20, 6:23 PM ET

SELLS, Ariz. - When you first see it, plopped down on a paper plate in all...
    08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
  • Skabewis
    It ain’t easy being Indian... But disclaiming is
    by Skabewis
    By Ricey Wild
    News From Indian Country

I roll my eyes. I laugh heartily, and openmouthed. I give in to hysterical pleasure when people make complete and utter fools of themselves. I also give respect to most non-idiots where respect is due, and bow deeply in devout irreverence...
    04-13-2009, 12:12 PM
  • Skabewis
    After 42 years, she is set to retire from top-level Indian Health Service job
    by Skabewis
    Pierre, South Dakota (AP)

Pierre native Mary Lou Stanton, the No. 4 person in charge of the Indian Health Service, says she’s ready to retire after almost 42 years of government service.

Stanton, IHS deputy director, plans to retire and move to Phoenix to be near her...
    12-22-2007, 07:44 PM
  • Skabewis
    Book Review: The Diamond Door Knob
    by Skabewis
    Review By Doris Seale
    News From Indian Country

From time to time, a book comes along that is so far out of the ordinary that it nearly defies description. Such a one is The Diamond Door Knob.

A young girl when we meet her, Cloud is lost in confusion about who and...
    12-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X