No announcement yet.

Movie premier gets broad coverage for Native men’s health issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    Movie premier gets broad coverage for Native men’s health issues
    by Skabewis
    By Dr. Arne Vainio
    News From Indian Country

We could hear the wind beating the freezing rain against the side of the house all night long. As day broke, we saw the trees were encrusted with a thick layer of crystal clear, shiny ice. It was magical, and the icy branches were like...
    04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
  • Skabewis
    Native children need nature skills by Doug George-Kanentiio
    by Skabewis
    News From Indian Country

The Discovery Channel is producing a series of stories about Native history prior to the arrival of the salt water people from the east.

One episode concerns the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy over 800 years ago. Think Film of Washington, D.C.,...
    11-23-2007, 02:25 PM
  • Skabewis
    Sugar bush arrived and we were prepared for it
    by Skabewis
    News From Indian Country

Sugar bush arrived again and we were prepared for it. Replacemet taps were carved, milk jugs were readied, and the buckets and barrels were put in the back of the truck. I assembled a good crew to help me with my 196 taps. My soon-to-be-18-year-old-son, Aaron...
    05-05-2008, 04:15 PM
  • Skabewis
    Addressing cancer health disparities = More lives saved
    by Skabewis
    Dear Editor,

The recent release of the Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer contained some positive overall news: cancer death rates have dropped an average of 2.1 percent per year from 2002 through 2004, which is a more rapid decline than we saw in the last report. Despite this...
    08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
  • Skabewis
    Health Care Dualism: Control Costs and Expand Access
    by Skabewis
    Op-ed column By Mark Trahant
    News From Indian Country

One of the most difficult elements in the health care reform debate is the philosophical notion of “dualism.” In order to reach consensus we, as a nation, have to balance equally reasonable, yet competing ideas about how...
    08-19-2009, 04:29 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X