Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new dump across the Bay still pollutes our backyard

Dear Editor,

On March 12th, 2009, I found myself in a small office on Bay St. in Toronto sitting with Mr. Gord Miller, the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario and also with the local MP of the area. Our topic of discussion was the attempt to save our most valued resource that our Great Spirit left on Mother Earth – WATER.

I was invited by Danny Beaton – the editor of The First Nations Drum, – whom I met way back at a native gathering at Cape Croker. He asked for my help in his attempt to stop a large garbage dump being opened near Penetanguishene, close to the shores of Georgian Bay.

oops... wrong spot!!!
    Thankful for the blessing from the Creator in my life!!!!

Life should not be measured by the number of things that we aquire on our journey but by the number of lives that we touch along that road.

I am a bridge on the red path between my ancestors and the future. I am a bridge between my white heritage and my native heritage. A bridge joins two sides together and provides a way to move on..... A.K. O'Pry-Reynolds

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X