X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navajos to decide on Tribal Council reduction

By Felicia Fonseca
    Flagstaff, Arizona (AP)

Navajo voters will have a chance to decide whether to reduce the size of the Tribal Council and give the president line-item veto ability, a hearing officer ruled June 25.

Less than a handful of ballot initiatives have been attempted on the vast reservation. The latest, led by Navajo President Joe Shirley Jr., will be the first to go before voters.

Problematic Absentee Ballots.....

Boozhoo,
    I know that many people complain of Off reservation voting... I have to say that this has brought a lot of unfairness to elections.This creates eyebrow raising as to how these people off reservation that do not have to live with the problems that exsist on the reservation but get to vote. I have my own thoughts on this issue and if it is a big issue most times it never gets resolved.

Comment

I'm ready.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X