Masschusetts judge rejects Wampanoag land suit again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    Federal ruling means Iowa tribe can transfer land
    by Skabewis
    Tama, Iowa (AP)

The Sac and Fox Tribe now has the ability to put 257 acres of its land into a federal trust.

The Times-Republican newspaper in Marshalltown reports last week that the Interior Board of Indian Appeals has rejected an appeal from Tama County on the issue....
    11-04-2010, 08:05 PM
  • Skabewis
    Appeal filed in Nevada gold mine dispute
    by Skabewis
    Reno,Nevada (AP)

A tribe and environmentalists are appealing a judge’s denial of an injunction sought to block a big gold mine in northeast Nevada.

After a four day hearing last month, U.S. District Judge Larry Hicks denied the injunction sought by members of the Western...
    02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
  • Skabewis
    Judge rules for village in dispute with Oneida
    by Skabewis
    Hobart, Wisconsin (AP)

A federal judge ruled that land in the village of Hobart that was acquired by the Oneida Indian tribe remains subject to the municipal government’s power of eminent domain.

U.S. District Judge William Griesbach issued a summary judgment regarding...
    04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
  • Skabewis
    Judge rules against another try to halt Nevada mine
    by Skabewis
    Reno, Nevada (AP)

A federal judge has ruled against another attempt by a Western tribe and conservationists to halt a massive gold mine project in northeast Nevada.

The Western Shoshone and Great Basin Resource Watch asked for the stay pending their appeal filed with a...
    02-18-2009, 04:27 PM
  • Skabewis
    Judge to consider argument on mine near Marquette
    by Skabewis
    By John Flesher
    Traverse City, Michigan (AP)

A judge has agreed to consider another argument from activists suing to void the lease of 120 acres of state land for a nickel and copper mine in the Upper Peninsula.

Ingham County Circuit Judge Paula Manderfield in March...
    04-27-2009, 04:53 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X