No announcement yet.

Wisdom of the White Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Skabewis
    Forgiveness is a very powerful force
    by Skabewis
    By Dr. Arne Vainio
    News From Indian Country

It was beginning to snow harder. The snow was falling between the tall pines and was clumping into huge flakes that landed on the painted gray metal coffin, then melted and ran like tears into the open grave. The fake grass over the mound...
    12-16-2008, 02:08 PM
  • Skabewis
    War Stories and the Chamorus: journalism and militarization on the tip of the spear.
    by Skabewis
    By Beau Hodai
    Special to News From Indian Country

The weight of occupation and corporate media self-censorship

It was a typical day in the jungle, though more overcast than the constant island diet of endless blue skies and fluffy white clouds; humid-- drizzling...
    07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
  • Skabewis
    Masterpiece “The Exiles” sees black and white light of day
    by Skabewis
    Review By Sandra Hale Schulman
    News From Indian Country

The Billy Wilder Theater in downtown Los Angeles was packed with an unusual mix of students, elder Natives, hipsters and a few famous faces (Wes Studi, Arigon Starr). The buzz was all about the premiere of “The Exiles,”...
    09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
  • Skabewis
    Westerman was a True Friend: by Doug George-Kanentiio©
    by Skabewis
    News From Indian Country

For those Akwesasnorons lucky enough to have come of age during the late 1960s and 70s, our home was the center of Aboriginal political action across the continent.

The touring group White Roots of Peace and the newspaper Akwesasne Notes inspired...
    01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
  • Skabewis
    Ricey Wild: Serious sunburn at the commod shop
    by Skabewis
    It ain’t easy being Indian, but sometimes…
    By Ricey Wild
    News From Indian Country

I had to go get some commods today. The Commod office was way over-warm (freakin’ hot!) so I shrugged my winter coat off my shoulders. Darlene, who was helping me, turned around on...
    03-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X