Are You A Frybread Nazi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You A Frybread Nazi?

Yes, I'm the biggest, pickiest, wisest frybread nazi I know. I've even challenged my closest family members to frybread challenges and have beat them and still rub it in. My brother still cannot look me directly in the eye when I bring up the frybread challenge of 1992. He thought he'd come up to Alaska and visit his big sister; and show off what "perfect" frybread recipe he had created. Well, I sent him back to Oregon on the airplane a defeated native college boy, and he still won't discuss it. My mom tried the same thing in about 2000; and failed. I'll eat her bread, but I refuse to enjoy it or have a frybreadgasm over it. I cannot believe these people have known me all their lives; do they forget they my grandparents nicknamed me "Frybread" and the uncles still refer to me by this silly but well placed name. The audacity to challenge. J/K

Who else will admit they are a FRYBREAD NAZI???

Originally posted by WocusWoman
    frybreadgasm

Can I admit that I'm not that picky, but I will go the extra mile to get the good stuff? I do my best, but I am certainly not up to par with one as skilled and seasoned as yourself....

Can we broadcast some of these competitions, like Iron Chef?
    Last edited by andre; 09-22-2006, 04:20 PM.
    A tater tot is worth a thousand fries.

Comment

OMG, someone should do an Iron Chef commercial about frybread. I really like those "shorts" where these families or whatever compete.

I'm heading to Anchorage next month, WW. If I had some extra time, I'd love to be a 'contender'.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Yes, I'm the biggest, pickiest, wisest frybread nazi I know. I've even challenged my closest family members to frybread challenges and have beat them and still rub it in. My brother still cannot look me directly in the eye when I bring up the frybread challenge of 1992. He thought he'd come up to Alaska and visit his big sister; and show off what "perfect" frybread recipe he had created. Well, I sent him back to Oregon on the airplane a defeated native college boy, and he still won't discuss it. My mom tried the same thing in about 2000; and failed. I'll eat her bread, but I refuse to enjoy it or have a frybreadgasm over it. I cannot believe these people have known me all their lives; do they forget they my grandparents nicknamed me "Frybread" and the uncles still refer to me by this silly but well placed name. The audacity to challenge. J/K

Comment

Don't know about the Nazi bit but love frybread, Don't realy know how to make it but I just make bread doe let rise then
          fry pieces. would realy like to know the right way.....Tikiboo

Comment

I loooove frybread! Ive evn taken pieces left form dinner and put icecream and chocolate sryp on it ! yummy, and i also like putting fried eggs on it , roasted chicken is tasty as well!!!
            I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

frybreadgasm
              lol wow
              www.myspace.com/southernx_hunnie2k5
              ~~~~~~~**^^**<<+>>**^^**~~~~~~~
              Roses are Red
              Violets der really blue
              Southern Xtreme ur much sweeter than mutton stew

You asked me whose life was more important- yours or mine and I answered "mine" ; you walked away angry not knowing that you are my life

I MY STONEY CREEK BOYZ

Comment

Frybreadgasm , huummmm yeah that ones got me thinkin! It gives a whole new meaning to lovin food! Im guilty!!
                I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

woooooooooooooow
                  SHAKE IT!!!!

Comment

frybread

would you mind passing down your frybread recipeto some one who would like to have the best recipe ever .will thank you much

Comment

I'm not a nazi .... any frybread will do. ok almost any will do but i'd prefer it hot right off the fire. mmmmm
                      The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

lol
                        Well....maybe.
                        My husband & I bicker over frybread. He thinks his Mom & friend Jerry make the best & they usually won the local competitions . But I tease them ("is this fry bread or a doughnut?") aparently it's how they make it at thier res (6 Nations) I didn't have a family member to teach me but I learned from some friends parents, it's a simple recipe & I've adjusted it to make my own (cause we all do). My husband says it's an "I ain't go no food in my cubbard frybread"
                        At one local frybread bake off it was suggested that we have more then one bake off, based on where we come from, I hate to admit it but I think it was cause no one could compete with my mom in law & her friend Jerry.

But I Still Like Mine Better!
                        lol...Suzze

Comment

Originally posted by andre

Can I admit that I'm not that picky, but I will go the extra mile to get the good stuff? I do my best, but I am certainly not up to par with one as skilled and seasoned as yourself....

Can we broadcast some of these competitions, like Iron Chef?

ooh yeah a whole Iron Chef episode of all things frybread.
                          Bahnisiain

Comment

Iron Chef Rose is up to the challenge.
                            ...it is what it is...

Comment

How about frybread with honey (and just a dusting of powdered sugar on top)? Mmmmm. So good.

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X