Devilled Kidneys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devilled Kidneys

Devilled Kidneys Recipe with Lamb's Kidneys, Flour, Ceyenne Pepper, Mustard, Butter, Worchester Sauce, Chicken Stock and Toast

INGREDIENTS:

8 Lamb's Kidneys, Skinned, Cored and Diced
    1 tbsp Plain Flour
    Salt
    Ceyenne Pepper
    2 tbsp Dry Mustard
    2oz (50g) Butter
    1 tbsp Worchester Sauce
    1/4 pint (150ml) Chicken Stock
    4 Slices of Hot Buttered Toast

METHOD:

Dust the Kidneys with Plain Flour, Salt and plenty of Cayenne Pepper. Roll them in the Dry Mustard. Melt the Butter in a small frying pan and cook the Kidneys over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. They should be just pink inside. When they are done, pour the Worchester Sauce and Chicken Stock around them. Simmer until the gravy is thick. Serve immediately on hot buttered Toast.

Serves 4.

I like my kidneys diced and rinsed well (like 3 changes of water) then fried up in a little oil.

My ex will ONLY eat fresh kidneys with a bite of fresh suet on the side.

I did have kidneys fried up with onions and eggs once and it was mighty tasty.
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

my mom said when I was a kid I'd sit with my grandma and eat them raw. I do remember my grandma's mouth being red from picking at the kidneys while they were cooking.

Comment

You women are making me hungry!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Get down to that meat packing plant!!!! -the only good place to get kidney, unless you're butchering
          Last edited by wyo_rose; 11-18-2006, 05:55 PM.
          ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X