This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowWows.com Cookbook

We have quite a few recipes here now. Would you all be interested in me publishing them in a cookbook?

Cost would probably be $9 or under range (maybe around $5-6).

Let me know!
    Last edited by Paul G; 12-06-2006, 11:32 AM.
    New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

I would wait awhile Paul. We'd need way more than this to have a good cookbook. I know there's lots back in Chit Chat somewhere that could be moved over here.

I don't know all the legalities, but if you're selling the cookbook, don't you have to make sure that these submitted recipes aren't copied from sources that are already published??
    ...it is what it is...

Comment

Originally posted by wyo_rose
      I would wait awhile Paul. We'd need way more than this to have a good cookbook. I know there's lots back in Chit Chat somewhere that could be moved over here.

I don't know all the legalities, but if you're selling the cookbook, don't you have to make sure that these submitted recipes aren't copied from sources that are already published??
      I wouldn't be selling it for profit to others, just to members here.

But we should check them yes.

Keep this in mind and we can look at it in the future.
      New to the site--Introduce Yourself

Find a Pow Wow Near You!

Comment

This is the first time reading about a cook book I think it sounds awesome!!! very fitting since a our culture has alot of food and and family ties ive even seen threads turn in to food topics and they diddnt start that way lol, Im for it if you cna do it!!
        I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. I've got a three day weekend coming up this week (company's xmas party is on Friday and it's being held somewhere where this wheelie can't get to it - so I get an extra day off with pay to spend with my family - I'm getting the better part of that deal *grin*). I'll actually have time to get those cookie/candy recipes out. If we're doing a cookbook, I inherited Gramma's wooden box full of recipes :-).

Comment

I'll buy at least one. I can post a few cake recipes also.
            Becky B.

Comment

Awesome Idea...

I'll participate... hehe By buying one... ill have to dig thru my file box and see what i can come up with.

Good point Wyo... need t take into consideration the legalities..

~~~ Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up. ~~~

Comment

We did this over on a music site I frequent

and the book is sold on cafe press

everyone submitted many recipes
                it was fun especially when we all bought the book

Comment

That would be great! Might need to get a few more recipes like said by others. I'd buy it!
                  Dance for the creator.

Love, peace, & frybread grease.

Comment

I think it is a great idea. I am compiling one of my own now. I have several traditional receipes I could share with you, as well as some originals. Q

Comment

Greetings Quamela !

Feel welcome to start a new thread to post your recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul G View Post
                        I wouldn't be selling it for profit to others, just to members here.

But we should check them yes.

Keep this in mind and we can look at it in the future.
                        Paul, if recipes were gathered from the internet, is that not public domain?

B'zer
                        Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light.

Comment

CookBook

Has this idea gone any further? I would be interested in purchasing one for myself, my daughter & my future daughter-in-law
                          Life is a Gift.. Treasure It !! and Remember to LAUGH Every Day.....

Comment

Originally posted by B'zer View Post
                            Paul, if recipes were gathered from the internet, is that not public domain?

B'zer
                            Just because a recipe was gathered from the internet does not automatically make it public domain.

If we are just doing it to sell to members here, a good place to check out for the printing of the book would be Lulu.com - Self Publishing - Free
                            J.L. Benet

Comment

One thing the recipe book would need would be PICTURES!!

I love my step by step cookbook that has at least 3 pics per recipe.
                              ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.