Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIB
    replied
    A smoker puts ribs in a class all to themself. When I go home for labor day or 4th of July to see my parents I take smoker with me and nobody complained yet about what comes outta it.

But like short stuff said-practice. You got to find just the right way for you.

Leave a comment:

• Singing Otter
    replied
    My dad made the best ribs. He'd boil them then make a mix of seasonings (salt, pepper, vinegar, etc) and while they were on the grill he'd mop them (scrap fabric tied to a stick) and when they were just about done he'd add his sauce. Talk about goooooooooooooood. I miss that old man alot.

Leave a comment:

• B'zer
    replied
    Ribs

I've tried different rib recipes and although I find them all good I keep coming back to this marinade.

3TBS soy sauce
    5TBS.Hoi Sin sauce
    2TBS.Saki
    1/4tsp.5 spice
    1TBS.Brown Sugar

Marinade ribs in fridge 24 hrs. and then place on a rack over a tray with 2 1/2 cups of water and place in pre-heated oven at 350 for 1 hr.

When half way through brush with remaining marinade then turn over and brush other side.

When ribs are cooked remove water from pan and turn oven up to 450 and brown both sides. About 15 min.
    Enjoy!

B'zer
    Last edited by B'zer; 08-31-2007, 01:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pvt Butter
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    I think cooking ribs is like cooking frybread - there's different ways to cook it depending how you like it and to get it just right takes PRACTICE!

I used to boil my ribs for a couple hours before broiling (or grilling them). I used to make them saucy, but now I like just a dry rub better.

The bestest way and how I'm going to cook a mess of them later in the month is to smoke them for several hours, then brush them with a few layers of sauce while grilling them to crispy perfection.

My favorite cooking teacher - Alton Brown from Good Eats - does a dry rub then braises them in the oven with some liquid sealed in tin foil before reducing the liquid for the glaze. Link to recipe:
    Who Loves Ya Baby-Back? Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

My bfren does some amazing ribs by just doing a generous dry rub and then grilling or broiling in the oven.
    I love alton brown too. This is a great recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Steffan Redhawk
    replied
    Get yourself a smoker

If you wanna create a pit smoker, you can find alot of details on it, I dry rub and smoke, depending on the meat, and slab, anywhere from 35 minutes per side, all the way to 2 hours per side. (That'd be a full cow/buffalo rack, not trimmed)

If you want the best ribs, you really got to play around, IMHO, you can not beat a dry rub on ribs, then smoking them.. I do serve them with my own wet sauce that I make, but stay away from stuff like KC masterpeice, it's better to brew your own.

Leave a comment:

• WocusWoman
    replied
    For deer, moose or buffalo being lean meats I pressure cook them first for 25 minutes, take out of pot, removing excess water, then put seasonings on both sides. I then throw on a low-medium heated outdoor grill, and sometimes opt to braise with sauce or other and cook on both sides for about 10 minutes longer. YUMMMMY stuff!

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    I think cooking ribs is like cooking frybread - there's different ways to cook it depending how you like it and to get it just right takes PRACTICE!

I used to boil my ribs for a couple hours before broiling (or grilling them). I used to make them saucy, but now I like just a dry rub better.

The bestest way and how I'm going to cook a mess of them later in the month is to smoke them for several hours, then brush them with a few layers of sauce while grilling them to crispy perfection.

My favorite cooking teacher - Alton Brown from Good Eats - does a dry rub then braises them in the oven with some liquid sealed in tin foil before reducing the liquid for the glaze. Link to recipe:
    Who Loves Ya Baby-Back? Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

My bfren does some amazing ribs by just doing a generous dry rub and then grilling or broiling in the oven.

Leave a comment:

• nuwatiman
    started a topic Ribs

Ribs

Does anybody have a recipe for ribs?

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
Working...
X