Wild Rice Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Rice Recipe

anyone have a good recipe for wild rice & ground hamburger in it. as a hot dish or something? I need it by tomorrow night please -- i am making it for group o f 20 people

good recipe wild rice

since nobody had a recipe --I eventually found one but it took forever to find, but i wanted to share it. I made it for our naming ceremony and that was the first dish to be empty thank goodness i was there to get the last scoop.

this is for a small number of people

3cups cooked wild rice
    1lb ground beef
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 tbsp oil
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1 can each cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup and cream of chicken (i just used 3 can cream of mushroom) and chicken with rice soup
    soy sauce (optional)

Brown hamburger , drain. saute onion and celery in oil until tender. in large bowl combine cooked wild rice, hamburger,onions,celery and all the soups(undiluted). Bake in cassarole dish at 350 degrees for 45 min. Season with soy sauce if desired.

1cup raw wild rice = about 3cups cooked .

hope this works for you.

Comment

Sounds pretty good! I'm gonna try it,thanks for sharing!

Comment

raised 3 kids by myself and found they liked this. Cook the rice with diced onion and bell pepper in it. about done put in peats,corn and carrots and finish.Now put in ground beef you already crumbled up fried. Now You gonna have a pan with some brown gravy and when you put food on plate you cover with gravy and 1 of those little green weed garnish thingys on top.
        MIB

Hell,there are no rules here,we're just trying to accomplish something.

Comment

Even though this is an old post, I thought I'd add my mom's wild rice recipe so others can enjoy it too. Outta all the different wild rice recipes (over 2 dozen) I have, this is my fav & probably the one I use the most cuz it goes with any meat dish.

(Serves 4 to 6)

1/4 cup finely diced celery
          1/4 cup finely diced carrots
          1/4 cup finely diced onions
          1/4 cup finely diced ham
          2 tbs butter
          1/4 cup Dry Vermouth
          1 can Chicken Broth
          1 to 1 ½ cups Wild Rice

Step 1: Mix 1st five ingredients (mire poix) in saucepan. Cover & cook under low heat (making sure it doesn’t sizzle) for approx. 15 minutes or so, until soft.

Step 2: Meanwhile, soak & rinse wild rice several times until water is clear. Boil rice for 5 minutes in uncovered saucepan. Drain & rinse rice again.

Step 3: Return rice to saucepan & add the Vermouth, Mire Poix and Chicken Broth. Make sure liquid covers the rice (add water if necessary). Salt & pepper to taste.

Step 4: Cover & boil until soft (approx.. 45-60 minutes). As rice cooks, add water if necessary so that rice continues to be covered with liquid. When done, drain off excess water.

Step 5: Enjoy!

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X