Sour Cream on an NDN Taco??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour Cream on an NDN Taco??

One of the required ingredients in the Nat'l NDN Taco Championships is sour cream. Do y'all use sour cream on your taco??

I don't, but I've seen people go crazy with the stuff at some of our taco stands. We even had to put some limits on some people.
    Yes, definitely.
    31.43%
    Occasionally, depending.
    34.29%
    No, uh-uh.
    34.29%
    I'm not saying one way or the other.
    0.00%
    ...it is what it is...

it just doesnt feel right lol

i belive the limit on sum ppl tho--ive brought corn chips with salsa and sour cream to parties with my cusins and sum of them scoop so that u cant even see the chip lol and forgo the salsa altogether

*Kalilsha*

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving u
    When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be u an me..

Comment

Personally, I don't add sour cream, but both my sisters love it. I do like lots of salsa tho.

Comment

i use alittle sour cream, along with guacamole, and pico de gallo style salsa, cheese and lettuce

basically i eat my tacos like my mexican friends told me to and enjoy every bite, but i don't go over on the amount of condements, just a small dollop of each ^_^
        sigpic

Comment

Most definitely, unless I'm buying it at a powwow and the vendor doesn't offer it.

Comment

ALtho I'm lactose intolerant I LOVE dairy - sour cream, cheese belong on most food LOL! Lactaid is my friend.

Comment

abso-freakin-lutely! What's an NDN taco without some. I also put on cheese lettus and fried peppers and a bit of salsa. My husbands delux NDN tacos are when he fries up 2 seperate types of wild meat to go on em. Then sometimes instead of veggies, peppers and salsa we use berries, but still sour cream.

Comment

Ohhh yah! As said before its juss not the same mmmm had some real goot ones last nite yummy they were bigger than muh plate!
                I got a fevah! And the only cure is more cowbell!!!

Comment

Where did NDN tacos originate, NEways?

I'm headed to UCLA today. I'm gonna get a taco with sour cream and one without...for testing purposes!!!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman

Comment

Dang, folks now I'm hungry. I was going to get a big yummy taco (with sour cream) at the powwow this weekend, but the powwow was cancelled due to swine flu.

Off to the store I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzzeQ4 View Post
                      abso-freakin-lutely! What's an NDN taco without some. I also put on cheese lettus and fried peppers and a bit of salsa. My husbands delux NDN tacos are when he fries up 2 seperate types of wild meat to go on em. Then sometimes instead of veggies, peppers and salsa we use berries, but still sour cream.
                      mmmm - wild meat wif berry sauce and sour cream

Comment

i love sour cream but usually if the indian taco is beings sold outside at a hot pow-wow i avoid all things dairy and mayonnaise.
                        The only time its too late to start dancing is when you're dead.

Comment

Hmmm....mayo on an NDN taco.....

Originally posted by Joe's Dad View Post
                          Where did NDN tacos originate, NEways?

I'm headed to UCLA today. I'm gonna get a taco with sour cream and one without...for testing purposes!!!
                          Good thinking!

The first NDN taco I ever heard of were Navajo Taco sold down in Tuba City in the 70's. Sounds like another thread!!
                          ...it is what it is...

Comment

I'm willing to try it.....

Comment

Ugh! No sour cream on my taco! It's unheard of on my rez unless you're part mexican (no offense).
                              Bead All You Can Bead

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X