Spicy potato salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicy potato salad

Sorry to undo all this low carb talk but...

5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes;
    1 small onion, finely chopped;
    1/3 c. Polish-style dill pickles (the ones with the hot peppers), finely chopped.
    1/4 c. cider vinegar;
    1/2-3/4 c mayo;
    3 Tbsp coarse ground deli-style mustard;
    1/2- 1 tsp ground chipolte chile powder;
    ground black pepper.

Peel and boil the potatoes. While still warm, place the potatoes in a large ziplock bag with the vinegar. Place in fridge over night.

Drain potatoes; retain 1 Tbsp of the vinegar. Chop potatoes. Mix with pickles, onions, spices, mustard and vinegar. Add first 1/2 c of mayo. If the salad is still dry, add the remaining mayo. Add black pepper to taste.

Originally posted by OLChemist View Post
    Sorry to undo all this low carb talk but...

5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes;
    1 small onion, finely chopped;
    1/3 c. Polish-style dill pickles (the ones with the hot peppers), finely chopped.
    1/4 c. cider vinegar;
    1/2-3/4 c mayo;
    3 Tbsp coarse ground deli-style mustard;
    1/2- 1 tsp ground chipolte chile powder;
    ground black pepper.

Peel and boil the potatoes. While still warm, place the potatoes in a large ziplock bag with the vinegar. Place in fridge over night.

Drain potatoes; retain 1 Tbsp of the vinegar. Chop potatoes. Mix with pickles, onions, spices, mustard and vinegar. Add first 1/2 c of mayo. If the salad is still dry, add the remaining mayo. Add black pepper to taste.
    Hi there
    Are we suppose be putting our recipes under the recipe thread or what cuz I know there are low carb for the diabetics and there is a recipe tread started so I am confused not that it matters so I think Paul G. was going to get a cook book on our recipes I thought ...????

Comment

OLChemist - That sounds GOOD! A little different from the run-of-the-mill potato salad...which I make all the time for dinners/whatnot.

LaughingWaterWI - if you have a recipe to post, just make a new thread here in the Recipe Forum...or you can put in under the Diabetic Recipe thread.

Paul and I have talked about a cookbook. Making a nice one is going to take a lot of work and a lot of time. I will say it's in the planning stages. I hate a cookbook without lots of pics and PROVEN results. Out of the approximately 100 recipes, I've documented about 5 I need to stay home and cook more.
      ...it is what it is...

Comment

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Sidebar Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X