X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDNKJ
    replied
    I used to love King Vitamin.

Also, that Puffed Wheat cereal that came in a bag!

Leave a comment:

• ugidali
    replied

Organic Frosted Flakes with Almond milk or Rice Dream.

Oatmeal with brown sugar and cranberries. mmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMM!

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    i had cereal last night and it was sooo good. hit the spot man!

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Raven
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Hey thanks for the info. The closest one is about 150 miles away, but if I get over that way I'll pick some up and keep it in my cooler. I can't think of anyone that keeps dairy cows around here. Might have to get my own.
    here this might hep you some ^_^ it has it listed by state

Where Can I Find Real (Raw) Milk?

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
    I don't know the laws in Wyoming but here is a (partial) list of raw milk sources.

Or (and even better), if you know anyone who has dairy cows, see if they'll sell you some "under the radar."

Big Piney: Cow Shares Available, as well as free range eggs. 2216 E Green River Rd., Big Piney, Wyoming, 83113. Sharon Moreno, (307)276-5614 or (307)231-2029, [email protected] .
    Casper: 10 Mile Stables, 3062 Schlager Road, Lee Anne Dobos (307) 472-3307 [email protected] . Cowshare program, free range eggs.
    Casper: Cowshares available. 1305 Boatright Ln, Mills, Wy, 82644. Also Free Range Eggs and numerus Black Angus Steers for Butcher Beef or for 4H. Contact Maureen Tescher (307) 267-9639 or [email protected] .
    Cheyenne: Calico Bluffs Lamanchas, 17 Chalk Bluffs Rd., Cheyenne, 82007, Joellen Strode, (307) 632-6905, [email protected] , Raw goat milk and Purebred LaManchas for sale.
    Cheyenne: Irish Belles Farms, 10113 Beulah Ave, Cheyenne, WY, 82009, Dana Connelly, (307) 637-0546 or (307) 220-4472, [email protected] . Raw goat milk.
    Cheyenne: Sparrowhawk Nubians, 2525 County Road 218, Cheyenne, WY, 82009. Vicki Willis, owner, (307) 433-9405 or (307) 214-5690, email [email protected] .
    Douglas: Rainbow Prairie Farm, 271 Bedtick rd, Douglas Wy, 82633 Jennifer Baker (307) 359-2903. Email [email protected] . Fresh goats milk, goat kids, fresh eggs.
    Jackson Hole: Raw milk from certified organic/certified biodynamic brown swiss cows that are pasture fed available at Jackson Whole Grocer.

Hey thanks for the info. The closest one is about 150 miles away, but if I get over that way I'll pick some up and keep it in my cooler. I can't think of anyone that keeps dairy cows around here. Might have to get my own.

Leave a comment:

• kgirl7
    replied
    Originally posted by RDNKJ View Post
    I grew up drinking raw milk, took me awhile to get used to the pasteurized/ homogenized stuff. I recently went on a "quest" to find raw milk; there are only 1 or 2 dairies in TX allowed to sell it. During my quest, I learned that...

"Unheated milk contains its full complement of enzymes and lactase-producing bacteria needed by our bodies to break down and assimilate the milk sugar lactose. These helpful bacteria are killed in the pasteurization/homogenization process."

Don't know if it is true or not, but I had heard before that lactose intolerant people could often drink raw milk with no problem.

What do the resident scientists think? Does it make sense?

Hmmm, maybe that's it. I have heard of other lactose intolerant folks who could take raw milk. Here they have a licensed seller and I had no problem with at all.

If I get a lactose intolerant stomach from too much cheese or something, my cure is a cup of kefir which is like yogurt. I've never tried Lactaid.

I may not drink a lot of milk but I don't think I could ever give up cereal!

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    I eat Oatmeal or cream of wheat with honey, butter flax seed, bananas & soy milk

as far as cold I eat rice, corn chex rice crispies or any kind of gluten free with soy milk & Bananas

Leave a comment:

• Flying_Raven
    replied
    strawberries and cream oat meal

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Originally posted by wyo_rose View Post
    Ah hah!! My mom is very lactose intolerant but has to have a little milk now and then. Even Lactaid doesn't make much difference. I'll have to find her some raw milk.
    I don't know the laws in Wyoming but here is a (partial) list of raw milk sources.

Or (and even better), if you know anyone who has dairy cows, see if they'll sell you some "under the radar."

Big Piney: Cow Shares Available, as well as free range eggs. 2216 E Green River Rd., Big Piney, Wyoming, 83113. Sharon Moreno, (307)276-5614 or (307)231-2029, [email protected] .
    Casper: 10 Mile Stables, 3062 Schlager Road, Lee Anne Dobos (307) 472-3307 [email protected] . Cowshare program, free range eggs.
    Casper: Cowshares available. 1305 Boatright Ln, Mills, Wy, 82644. Also Free Range Eggs and numerus Black Angus Steers for Butcher Beef or for 4H. Contact Maureen Tescher (307) 267-9639 or [email protected] .
    Cheyenne: Calico Bluffs Lamanchas, 17 Chalk Bluffs Rd., Cheyenne, 82007, Joellen Strode, (307) 632-6905, [email protected] , Raw goat milk and Purebred LaManchas for sale.
    Cheyenne: Irish Belles Farms, 10113 Beulah Ave, Cheyenne, WY, 82009, Dana Connelly, (307) 637-0546 or (307) 220-4472, [email protected] . Raw goat milk.
    Cheyenne: Sparrowhawk Nubians, 2525 County Road 218, Cheyenne, WY, 82009. Vicki Willis, owner, (307) 433-9405 or (307) 214-5690, email [email protected] .
    Douglas: Rainbow Prairie Farm, 271 Bedtick rd, Douglas Wy, 82633 Jennifer Baker (307) 359-2903. Email [email protected] . Fresh goats milk, goat kids, fresh eggs.
    Jackson Hole: Raw milk from certified organic/certified biodynamic brown swiss cows that are pasture fed available at Jackson Whole Grocer.

Leave a comment:

• wyo_rose
    replied
    Ah hah!! My mom is very lactose intolerant but has to have a little milk now and then. Even Lactaid doesn't make much difference. I'll have to find her some raw milk.

Leave a comment:

• RDNKJ
    replied
    Originally posted by kgirl7 View Post
    I'm slightly lactose intolerant but I find that unhomogenized milk or raw milk doesn't affect me at all.
    I grew up drinking raw milk, took me awhile to get used to the pasteurized/ homogenized stuff. I recently went on a "quest" to find raw milk; there are only 1 or 2 dairies in TX allowed to sell it. During my quest, I learned that...

"Unheated milk contains its full complement of enzymes and lactase-producing bacteria needed by our bodies to break down and assimilate the milk sugar lactose. These helpful bacteria are killed in the pasteurization/homogenization process."

Don't know if it is true or not, but I had heard before that lactose intolerant people could often drink raw milk with no problem.

What do the resident scientists think? Does it make sense?

Leave a comment:

• kgirl7
    replied
    For those who can't drink milk? Do you find it's the type of milk that upsets your stomach? I'm slightly lactose intolerant but I find that unhomogenized milk or raw milk doesn't affect me at all. It's harder to find and more expensive so I don't buy it much (I'm not a big milk drinker). I'm fine with Nido too (a type of powdered milk).

Leave a comment:

• kiyaanii mom
    replied
    Originally posted by injunboy View Post
    umm warm weiners buffet.. jks annd a budweiser chaser *all rugged*

oh annd dont act like u dont know! ayes
    LOL!!!! I've seen it happen..... but first hand experience...not me.... I couldn't get through the first sip....

Leave a comment:

• injunboy
    replied
    hot commod oatmeal, canned milk and alittle sugar.. got dannng!

its soo yummy

that was my grandmas go to growin up.

Leave a comment:

• LaughingWaterWI
    replied
    I was craving wild rice so I cooked up a pot and I ended
    Up mixing in some whole cranberries and chopped walnuts
    Topped it off with a little cinnamon and some cold canned milk
    Sounds a little weird but it was actually tasty

Leave a comment:

Join the online community forum celebrating Native American Culture, Pow Wows, tribes, music, art, and history.